Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Those Sleeved By Dr. Garcia In March - How Are You Feeling?

Thanks so much for sharing!! Made me feel so much better!!!

Hey Ladies! i'm sleeved and well. My experience was simply amazing!!! No complications' date=' nasuea, etc. Just a little fatigue. Dr. Garcia and his staff were so friendly and attentive. The put me at ease from the time I was picked up by the driver Samuel. This surgery was the best medical experience I have had in my life! I felt like a VIP. The care was so personalized. Dr. Garcia and his staff take pride in doing a job well down. My lab work, prep and procedure was very extensive. They want to make sure they are aware of any possible complications. Dr. Garcia took his time performing my sleeve. I was the only surgery that day. He even took a picture of my removed stomach and it looks lovely. lol I know that is weird to say but when you see my removed stomach you get an i sight into how professional he is. The sutures and staples were done with care and precision. I will post pictures soon. I have a slide show that I will assemble for you all to view. The anethesialogist, Dr. Cabera, was phenomenal. I was told he is the best in Tijuana and I believe it. He gave me lots of meds and I never felt sick, dizzy, etc. I work up from surgery two hours later feeling like my old self but better. I slept alot the first day but did get up and walk. The really stress the importance of walking. It helps remove the gas. The patient care coordinators and nurses constantly checked on me but allowed me to rest too. I highly recommend Dr. Garcia to eveyone! You will not be disappointed. My sister accompanied me and the patient coordinator Melissa gave my sister a goody bag with fruit and Snacks so she would have something to eat once the restuarant closed. They also gave me a bag with meds, gatorade, Water, gauze, tape, etc. I have a cd with the video from my upper g.i. test. I can swallow fine. The post-op hotel stay at the Marriott Tijuana was so luxurious! The bed was heaven and my sister loved the food. Plus, the hotel gave Dr. Garcia's patients 3 free bowls of chicken broth a day, 2 bottles of Water and 2 popsicles. All complimentary!!! I could go on and on about how fabulous my experience was, I will just say... Go experience it for yourself!! Cheers[/quote']

I knew you would love that was my experience as well he is the greatest....... Glad you did good the worries of the unknown can be put to rest.... Welcome to the losers bench....they are an awesome team......

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I will be sleeved by Dr Garcia May 10th. I am so excited. Thanks to everyone who took time to tell their story so that I can be inspired.

34 more days for me!!! I know that it will really hit home once I start the pre-op diet!!!!!

My surgery was March 20 and since i have lost 28.5 lbs ( in 4 weeks) feeling great....had major fatigue for a few weeks but after i upped my B12 and found Isopure Clear no carb @ GNC i have done awesome...... 40 grams Protein per bottle and it taste like gatorade....well worth the money

I knew you would love that was my experience as well he is the greatest....... Glad you did good the worries of the unknown can be put to rest.... Welcome to the losers bench....they are an awesome team......

Hey andkel30! I just realized I'm following you on YouTube! I'm jmcbride and I started my 2week liquid diet today. My surgery is state side May 1, 730 am eastern time. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using VST

So can someone tell what to expect for the pre op testing? Do they just weigh you and take blood? Do you talk to anyone about post op diet? Do you get anymore info then the print out from the website? Sorry about all the questions!

You will see several docs...u can ask any questions u have...u do get a print out about post diet but it is not very clear or specific. Pre op labs will be done am of surgery they come to your room and do it...and they do an ekg in your room also....very easy they will talk to u about any thing you want to know

Hey andkel30! I just realized I'm following you on YouTube! I'm jmcbride and I started my 2week liquid diet today. My surgery is state side May 1' date=' 730 am eastern time. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Hey J that's good you will do great that diet was hard for me good luck on it any questions just ask

since u traveled with a partner i have a question? was she horribly bored? could you have been fine on your own? how long to you all felt better and back to yourselves? how long is the clear liquid protien for? have you tried whey powdered protiens? they are just more milk shake like..

lots o' questions.. :)

I traveled w my bff and we both were sleeved so idk but i would say they might get bored because they will b n a hospital waiting and watching, have them bring books and laptop! Hotel and hospital have wireless! They give u a care pk when u leave hospital and it has all ur diet plans on it! And as far as test print outs ......when u leave they send a dvd of ur leak test and paperwork of ur bloodtest w results n spanish ( lol) for u to have for ur dr at home! If u guys want to ask me any direct questions u can also email me at cinwalker11@yahoo.com i will b happy to answer i also have some pix i will share of TJ and the hotel and my inscisions etc

And personally i just cant do the proyein powders ANY flavor i gag anyway they r made.....i have bought everything from Protein pudding to unflavored but i just cant drink them.....i have great results and like the Isopure clear from GNC it is $5 a bottle w 40 grams of protein and taste good, can also b used as a clear liquid! Also the first cpl days were pure hell for me, but i also had the revision, my friend had just the sleeve and she did awesome. The first week u will b sore and tired, make sure to get B12 that saved me and nade me feel sooooo much better!

And personally i just cant do the proyein powders ANY flavor i gag anyway they r made.....i have bought everything from Protein pudding to unflavored but i just cant drink them.....i have great results and like the Isopure clear from GNC it is $5 a bottle w 40 grams of protein and taste good, can also b used as a clear liquid! Also the first cpl days were pure hell for me, but i also had the revision, my friend had just the sleeve and she did awesome. The first week u will b sore and tired, make sure to get B12 that saved me and nade me feel sooooo much better!

Hello all, I am just posting an update to this forum for those who are looking for a more recent sleever. My surgery was on the 11th of June and I was up and at 'em as soon as I returned to the room from the OR. I was tired from the meds but my pain was minimal. Everyone's bedside manor there was wonderful and professional. My favorite nurse was Karen. Everyone was willing to answer all my questions and even assist with my friend who traveled along. Yes he was bored but he was uber prepared for the boredom. The Marriott was just that...the Marriott. I am extremely picky and very hard to please, so if I didn't have a complaint then you know things went very well. The level of customer service and professionalism was off the charts. I would recommend Dr. Fernando Garcia to anyone who needed it!!!!