Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frequently Asked Questions

I like to get in the pool to workout...When will I be able to start working out in the pool again

I like to get in the pool to workout...When will I be able to start working out in the pool again

I use the pool too. I was told a month after surgery. I'm going on Tuesday.

I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I'm posting this to the wrong thread. I looked but couldn't find the tech forum.

If I hit like for a post is that just a like for this site or does it show up on my Facebook page?

Is there a forum on here for people who are cash pay but who choose to stay in the States for their surgery?

Thanks for all of your posts. This is a wonderful site.

Has anyone cheated two days before surgery during the liquid pre-op diet? I want to join my family for one last yummy Breakfast before surgery at my favorite restaurant.

I have question I'm due have Surgery in Feb and sign up for sleeve I'm at 215 right now I want to be atleast 130 so my bmi is in normal range everything I keep reading says I'll only avrg to 155 if I get sleeve but 144 if I get gastric is that true I'll only loose a lil weigh in first year on sleeve

I have question I'm due have Surgery in Feb and sign up for sleeve I'm at 215 right now I want to be atleast 130 so my bmi is in normal range everything I keep reading says I'll only avrg to 155 if I get sleeve but 144 if I get gastric is that true I'll only loose a lil weigh in first year on sleeve

I have the exact same stats as you. Started at 215, want to be 130. My nut says it is obtainable.

Here's the thing. For the first year we lose mainly because of the sleeve, but it's up to us to do the work to get to our goal, eating right, exercising exc. well beyond that. You can blow those averages out of the Water. ;)

Ty I appricate that ,ppl just keep telling me why don't you go for bypass you'll loose more n scared with sleeve it wouldn't let me loose enough weigh with in the year like bypass but I no it Goin b up to me to exercise n eat better then I do now I got thyroid prb that keep weight on me so hoping this surgery helps

The bypass also comes with malabsorption and the dumping syndrome. This is less of a risk with the sleeve.

This answered so many questions, I'm hoping to be sleeved March 31st I have my finally visit on March 9rd. Very excited to have this surgery but have been worried with meal planning and things like that. I'm more of a grab something on the go sort of girl. Its been an adjustment.

Please check out my blog bariatricbeautyblog.wordpress.com

I talk in detail about everything that ive been through and my thoughts and feelings going in. Readers would be much appreciated.

What's the Century Club? Is that the same as Onderland?