Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frequently Asked Questions

@ momfromjersey22, yes! It gets sore from sitting! , have to sit on a pillow! Lol

Thank you for this post. I am very nervous about surgery, and this answered a lot of my questions.

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to this forum.

I'm just beginning my journey.

My story is that like most I've been on so many diets.

Last year (July 2014) I was at my lowest in a long time (201 lbs) and even won a weight loss challenge contest.

But since, I've again gained much, not all back.. Today I am 241.

I'm so tired of the up and down.

My problem is a little food just doesn't satisfy me.. I'm still hungry..

So I want the sleeve surgery.

I went to weight loss class yesterday.

In 3 weeks (Oct 29th) I go to Orientation and then meet with the Surgeon and the Dietician.

I want to try and drop some weight before so that maybe the surgeon will give me my surgery date.

I read on here about hair loss and loose skin.

I have some products that I'm hoping will help with that.

A Nano (small.. So it absorbs) Vitamin Pack

HNS (hair nails skin)

A super juice for even more Antioxidants

A Body and Faicial Spa device to keep skin tight and smooth

And a hair preparation called Nutriol that some have actually had regrowth

Maybe I won't lose my hair or have to have a tummy tuck!

You all seem very encouraging

Thank you... You all will have great success, and I'm excited for us all

Heidi

Thanks this helps a lot. Also confirms my surgeon and his teams answers. Thanks

Hi. My op date is 10 dec. bit worried re op, recovery and post op diet. I know I wont b able t eat an Xmas dinner which I don't mind. Lookin for a clear Soup recipe. I've made some soup but it wouldn't b classed as clear. I live in Wales and havin op in POW hospital. Anyone near x

I'll be in England from Christmas onwards so I'll be close-ish (I'll be sleeved in February).

Hi all! Had surgery 11/16 so I'm almost a week post op . Hope everyone who commented here are doing well.

@@phatfatgirl Congratulations! Hope you are doing well, and many wishes for a wonderful holiday season!

Hi, I am considering a gastric sleeve surgery. I am new to this and just doing some research about the different types of surgery for your stomach to lose weight, where to go, prices, etc.

Thank you for your posts and the information. I am getting more skeptical about this though. Yet I see those of you who had a successful and safe and clean experience and surgery and no issues or complications and you are doing great now and you have lost weight!

I am 6'4", 370# and I used to be about 230-250 and an athlete. Depression and eating too much and not exercising has caused me to gain weight. I think I am considering this because it is a fresh start, lose weight fast, and it is cheap in Mexico at around $4,500-5000 I think. I must be losing my mind. sigh........ Help!?

I found BariatricPal just through google. I am considering weight loss surgery.

I was going to book a trip to Dr. Almanza in Tijuana, MX, because I know people and have talked to at least one of them and him and his wife had a great experience and would recommend it. They didn't have any issues and things are going great for them now. But then I found these below, so now I am looking for someone else in Mexico I guess?......

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/337950-bariatricpal-is-no-longer-affiliated-or-recommending-dr-mario-almanza/

Plus, I had my brother's wife, who is a nurse, chew me out tonight and she was pissed when she found out I was going to MX. She is like what the heck, they don't have the standards we do, etc. I know, I feel embarrassed for being this way and even thinking about scheduling a surgery outside the U.S. I have not put a deposit down yet nor bought a plane ticket.
Did any of you go to Mexico, was it a good experience? I was just hoping there would not be so many cases or such a high percentage of incidents or issues compared to the U.S. just because the price is cheaper. Thoughts?
Thank you!

Edited by big jon

I've never had surgery, really scared. What level of pain is considered average. (1 none 10 go to e.r.) Showering, driving,putting on socks. Any tips or trick. Thanks

I had my surgery on Nov 24- so almost 2 weeks ago. The first 4 days are the worst. But that being said they give you pain meds so things are very tolerable. I took meds in hospital (2days) and took one dose at home and that is it. The first week it feels like you did a bunch of sit ups...basically sore . After that I rarely even notice any difference at all. All incissions were basically healed in about 10 or so days. I was able to get all my liquids in after about 5 days. I have been pleasantly surprised how well everything has gone. Before my surgery I was really worried. I remember someone posting that most folks have a distorted view of things because when folks are having problems they typically post a topic. Those folks who have an easy time don't usually post- plus they don't want to make the folks who are having a difficult time feel bad. I am 58 so I was worried that I might have a more difficult time but I did not find this to be true. I think it is extremely important to realize that complications can happen. But not having complications is probably more likely.

I had my surgery on Nov 24- so almost 2 weeks ago. The first 4 days are the worst. But that being said they give you pain meds so things are very tolerable. I took meds in hospital (2days) and took one dose at home and that is it. The first week it feels like you did a bunch of sit ups...basically sore . After that I rarely even notice any difference at all. All incissions were basically healed in about 10 or so days. I was able to get all my liquids in after about 5 days. I have been pleasantly surprised how well everything has gone. Before my surgery I was really worried. I remember someone posting that most folks have a distorted view of things because when folks are having problems they typically post a topic. Those folks who have an easy time don't usually post- plus they don't want to make the folks who are having a difficult time feel bad. I am 58 so I was worried that I might have a more difficult time but I did not find this to be true. I think it is extremely important to realize that complications can happen. But not having complications is probably more likely.

Had my surgery on November 16th. (Sleeve) the only major problem I have had is bad nausea. They prescribed me the patch you wear behind your ear after trying Zofran and valium and it is working. That is the ONLY problem I have had. It was making it hard to eat due to the nausea but I'm getting better!!