Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had My Sleeve Done December 15Th 2011 Im 3 Months Post-Op Is Anyone Else 3 Mo Post-Op If So How Are You Doing?

I've lost 47 lbs since my surgery I'm feeling great I can't eat a lot yet I try but get full fast my fear is stretching out my stomach if I eat too much. Does anyone else have this fear?

Hey Lucky Lady! You are doing great! I had surgery a day after you on the 16th of Dec. and I've lost 41lbs. I know it's a little compared to most but its a lot in my world! I to had a fear of stretching out my sleeve but now I'm a lot more secure that what I eat and how much I eat is okay. If you follow your Dr.'s guide lines you should'nt worry too much.

Good luck and keep up the great work!

You ladies are doing GREAT! I had my sleeve on Dec. 28th, which makes 3 months today. My total weight loss since surgery is about 20 lbs, but with the liquid diet and pre-diet loss I am down about 36. I consider that half way there and am pleased so far. The last couple weeks have been 1 lb a week so I suspect I'm hitting the 3 month stall soon. :-) .I have no fears of really stretching my stomach. I have a sign of fullness before I actually feel it in my tummy. My nose begins sniffling. It's weird, but it's my sign. I also use the same dishes each meal. I Pampered Chef pre-bowl or a small six inch plate depending on the meal. This is a trick my Dr suggested. I'm usually full and happy. My biggest fear is learning to love and eat "slider" foods. The bad things which I have tried like tortilla chips and salsa, popcorn, cake etc. are easy to eat and don't fill you up. So I have that stuff sparingly. Usually one bite or fork full and I leave it alone. I am older, have a less weight to lose compared to so suspect my weight loss will be slower. You are both doing wonderful! keep up the good work and don't get discouraged when the scale doesn't move for awhile.

My surgery date was 12/27 so I was 3 mos post-op yesterday, as of today I'm down 55 lbs (that includes my pre-op weight loss). Haven't had any problems, and I feel like I'm really getting the hang of this sleeve thing :) I don't really worry at all about stretching my sleeve, but I am concerned about the Hair loss - so far I haven't had any. *fingers crossed*

I had my surgery 12-12-11 Im down 55lbs... Im feeling really good and am seriously active and hitting the gym! I dont really have a fear of stretching out the stomach because the docs cut out the elastic part on ur tummy and u would literally have to eat and drink to fullness on the daily to stretch ur tummy out.... I dont wanna press that envelope any time to soon..lol.. But other than that i dont have any food complications or issues with my sleeve... just feeling sexy and doin my thing!!

BTW congrats everyone on ur awesome weight loss.

I had surgery on 12/15 and I had revision from lapband to sleeve. I have had a very slow weight loss, but I did have a low BMI also. I've lost 29lbs so far, and I do stall for 2-3 weeks at a time. Last couple of months I think I've lost a combined of 6-7 lbs. :( But it is coming off and I feel great and loosing inches! I will keep fighting!

Congratulations. I had a revision of lapband to sleeve on Dec 11 with Dr Garcia in Tijuana. I am currently down 38 pounds and still losing slowly. Some of this is my fault as I continue to find ways of talking myself out of going to the gym. I am getting some exercise as I take my dog out for a nice long walk daily when weather permits. I just need to start back to the gym so that my weight drops a little faster. I know that the rest will not just fall off over night but I have made a committment to this and want to follow through and reach my goal. For those who have set a goal and can not seem to reach it do not be so hard on yourselves. Maybe if you are at a weight close and have been there for 3 months or more your body is trying to tell you something. I know we all have an idea of what we want to weigh but lets face it........if we have lost 50, 80, 100 or more we are still better off than we were before we had the surgery and much healthier.

Congratulations to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky lady702

i also had WLS on 12/15/11 too -we're sleeve slisters, i've lost 47.9 lbs.. hmmmm...9 lbs more than you :rolleyes: my NUT told me you can't really stretch your sleeve out. That's good, what a relief.

i'm doing pretty well - don't have any problem w/eating. I am allowed exactly 1/3 of a cup food per meal by my NUT. I can usually eat the whole 1/3 measuring cup, but sometimes i actually stop early cuz i''m full.

Made chili the other day and dipped my 1/3 measuring cup into chili pot - does that sound right to youi? what did your NUT tell you to do? anything simiilar? I know all NUTS are different.

I've found one meal that my sleeve doesn't like. the other day i tried luncheon meat rolled up w/a lttle cream cheese. no, no, no. - sleeve rebelled. didn't get sick or anything, i just wasn't feeling terrific.

My very big problem is that i have trouble drinking enough Water. that is really hard for me, i try but i don't succeed. i know how important it is, so i am working at it.

your fellow sleeve sister

keep well

kathy

I'm so happy and excited for all of you Congrats!! on all the weight lose and Thank You all for sharing your stories. Keep up the good work and please keep me posted on how your progress goes everyone :).

Wow, compared to everyone else, I guess I am a slow loser, I have always been a slow loser, and won't worry unless the scale stops.

Dang...I am such a slow loser, my surgery date was 12/21/11, I'm down 30. I exercise weekly/daily, I do not get it, it makes me so mad! Congratulations to all you, y'all are doing great!

Hey Guys!!!

I was sleeved 12/19... I'm down about 32-35 lbs since surgery... I just really started working out.. I get very stressed and it's counterproductive... I'm trying to dedicate myself to the process and journey...

Things I've learned:

Don't compare yourself to anyone else.. our journies are as different as we are...

Don't dwell on "doing it wrong".. instead, focus on learning what works for you and your body, taking into account the instructions from our WL professionals

DO Celebrate ALL victories

DO give yourself the benefit of the doubt.. we didn't become overweight in 2 hours or 2 days or 2 months!!

DO extend the same amount of patience and consideration that you extend to others.. to yourself...

REMEMBER, each day is a new day to start fresh!!! You are doing great!! Keep up the great work!!!

lucky lady702

i also had WLS on 12/15/11 too -we're sleeve slisters' date=' i've lost 47.9 lbs.. hmmmm...9 lbs more than you :rolleyes: my NUT told me you can't really stretch your sleeve out. That's good, what a relief.

i'm doing pretty well - don't have any problem w/eating. I am allowed exactly 1/3 of a cup food per meal by my NUT. I can usually eat the whole 1/3 measuring cup, but sometimes i actually stop early cuz i''m full.

Made chili the other day and dipped my 1/3 measuring cup into chili pot - does that sound right to youi? what did your NUT tell you to do? anything simiilar? I know all NUTS are different.

I've found one meal that my sleeve doesn't like. the other day i tried luncheon meat rolled up w/a lttle cream cheese. no, no, no. - sleeve rebelled. didn't get sick or anything, i just wasn't feeling terrific.

My very big problem is that i have trouble drinking enough Water. that is really hard for me, i try but i don't succeed. i know how important it is, so i am working at it.

keep well

kathy[/quote']

Hi Kathy your doing Awsome! As for me and my eating I'm still taking it slow I know this is bad but I pick eat through the whole day or I wouldn't be able to eat anything. If I take 3 bites of anything I get full fast I don't like it but am learning to deal with it. As far as drinking fluids all I drink is Water pretty much a lil juice or tea here and there and I have no problems. Milk makes me full fast and I Love milk but can't really drink it to much other then that I'm doing great and am so happy with my weight lose keep me posted on your journey. :)

lucky lady702

i also had WLS on 12/15/11 too -we're sleeve slisters' date=' i've lost 47.9 lbs.. hmmmm...9 lbs more than you :rolleyes: my NUT told me you can't really stretch your sleeve out. That's good, what a relief.

keep well

kathy[/quote']

Hi Kathy your doing Awsome! As for me and my eating I'm still taking it slow I know this is bad but I pick it through the whole day or I wouldn't be able to eat anything. If I take 3 bites of anything I get full fast I don't like it but am learning to deal with ita As far as drinking fluids all I drink is Water pretty much a lil juice or tea here and there and I have no problems milk makes me full fast too and I Love milk but can't really drink it to much other then that I'm doing great and am so happy with my weight lose keep me posted on your journey. :)