Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Sleeved 3/14/12 Story

Hi Forum!

I have just been sleeved 12 days ago, My first day was Horrible, the pain Meds they had attached to my I.V. made me super nautious and heaving on an empty sleeved stomach certainly was not fun plus Aunt Flow showed "un-invited and 5 days early" the night before surgery so I was cramping up a storm too, (sorry fella's if this is too much Info), but after I passed the leak test they gave me some *Percocet* and I was good to go! (Me and *Percy* got along just fine for a few days)...LOL :D Prior to the surgery I read so many stories from the forum on how they had a hard time in the beginning with gas, burping, bathroom issues and swelling, but I really didn't get any of that (Thank God), In fact I felt I should have returned to work after about 6 days, I felt that good, It just makes me wonder if my surgeon did everything right cause I was expecting so much of these after effects but so far so good, I guess?.. <_<

After two days being home I really didn't need to do that "mushie food stage" I was able to chew the little food I did eat really well and not have any issues, sometimes a lil something will come back up but nothing to complain about, which again I was suprised, though after about 4 bites, using a baby spoon, I felt like I was filling up so I guess the surgery was a success. I do have to admit though that on the 5th day I found myself hungry every 3 hrs and I would eat a bit here and a bit there which was depressing me because it wasn't healthy stuff I was picking at and I did not want all this to go to waste, so the next few days I just kept vigil and now I am feeling better and I have not done that again. I was a bit lazy though the first week and half, I didn't really walk or anything I just found myself exhausted and just didn't feel like moving, but today I returned to work and on my lunch time I walked a mile and a half in a half an hour and I had to actually remind myself to eat something. My menu right now is 1/2 cup farina in the morning, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 3 peach slices in the afternoon, and 3oz of meat and 1/4 cup of broccoli for dinner, which I have to say all meal items takes me more than an hour to an hour and half to eat and most of the time I don't finish it. *Yay*

All in all I am happy so far with the surgery and feel that I am no longer a "Slave" to food like I was before and I feel that maybe finally I can beat that "Over-Eating Devil" that takes over me.

If anybody else had a similar experience that I did when they were first sleeved I would Love to hear it, but of course I would Love to hear anybody's story on the forum, they are all very inspiring and I learn something new with every testimony.

Lotsa Love and Blessings to All Of You on your Journey to a New Life!!

Your New Sleeved Sister...LOL ;)

PS: I don't know how to do that ticker thing so I just wrote out my stats, I tried a dozen times to get

the ticker on my board but it just didn't work for me.

Starting Weight: 250lbs Height 5'4"

After 2 day liquid diet: 247lbs

VSG Surgery 3/14/12

3/25/12 Weigh In: 236lbs 17 lbs lost so far

Goal: 135

Willow, I'm glad you are doing so well! But please be careful. Your stomach is not completely healed yet and eating things you are not supposed to eat puts you at higher risk for complications. I would consider following your doctor's diet recs. to the "t" so that you don't have any problems, even if you are feeling great! The diet they put you on is specifically designed to give your stomach time to heal. So be careful!!

So good to here the positive experience. I am being sleeved by Dr. Rodriguez in Mexico. Praying all goes well for me too

Willow, I'm glad you are doing so well! But please be careful. Your stomach is not completely healed yet and eating things you are not supposed to eat puts you at higher risk for complications. I would consider following your doctor's diet recs. to the "t" so that you don't have any problems, even if you are feeling great! The diet they put you on is specifically designed to give your stomach time to heal. So be careful!!

Thank you and your right, I am basically following the diet I'm just not grinding everything up, I make sure my food is very soft and I take tiny bites and chew about 25x's, I have to admit I am lazy about taking out my food processor.. I spoke to my dietician and she says its okay as long as the bites are small and chewed well or I might get very uncomfortable for awhile..

Thank you for the advise and I will be careful :)

So good to here the positive experience. I am being sleeved by Dr. Rodriguez in Mexico. Praying all goes well for me too

Hi Jeweliddo,

I will keep you in my prayers for a successful sleeve experience! I'm sure your going to feel wonderful like I do, its a very "free-ing" Experience.

Do you have a date yet? Let me know.

Best Wishes and Blessings for you and your Journey!

Congrats!!!! You are doing great!!!! Below are links to a few of my early posts..

http://www.verticals...__fromsearch__1

http://www.verticals...__fromsearch__1

I have read your posts and was very touched by hospital experience! Thank you for your well wishes. We are all in it together, its just one day at a time!!

God Bless, :)

Hi Jeweliddo,

I will keep you in my prayers for a successful sleeve experience! I'm sure your going to feel wonderful like I do, its a very "free-ing" Experience.

Do you have a date yet? Let me know.

Best Wishes and Blessings for you and your Journey!

---Thanks so much. March 29th is the big day. THANK YOU for your prayers!!!

Wow your stats are close to mine. I was sleeved march 14 and I weighed 247 and I'm also 5'4. My last weigh in this morning was 229 so 18 lbs lost.

Thanks for sharing!! I'm getting sleeved tomorrow and this is very comforting

I'm literally getting my hair done as I read and reply and I have a huge smile on my face!!!

Thanks for sharing!! I'm getting sleeved tomorrow and this is very comforting

I'm literally getting my hair done as I read and reply and I have a huge smile on my face!!!

BabyPink002,

You Go Girl!! I will be saying a prayer tomorrow for your surgery and quick and safe recovery! Keep that Smile Going!! :D

Wow your stats are close to mine. I was sleeved march 14 and I weighed 247 and I'm also 5'4. My last weigh in this morning was 229 so 18 lbs lost.

Wow!! Thats Fantastic! Are you having any issues as you are healing, I really haven't had any yet and I'm trying to compare notes.

---Thanks so much. March 29th is the big day. THANK YOU for your prayers!!!

Got it and I'll remember you on that day. :lol:

Best Wishes to You!

Willow, I'm glad you were inspired!! Heck, I had to go back and read those posts... Sometimes it's so easy to let life get you out of routine... but, I've made some adjustments... Best wishes to you and keep up the good work!!!

No I didn't really have any issues. I threw up once but that was my fault. Other then that no nausea and no gas. I seemed to feel normal by day 6.