Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

North Houston/Spring/ Woodlands Gal Lap Band Nightmare

Okay. I went in August 1st to have my lap band and gallbladder removed it was supposed to be an outpatient proceedure that turned into a nightmare. During my surgery, when they put in my lap band the DR. cut my stomache? how ???? and then he decided to perform a fundoplication where he botched my lapband. This is where the stomach is around the esophegus? then he removed my gallbladder. I was in surgery for 6 hours? Why? The next day was feeling awlful. They went back in and my stomach was expanded and blown up. That night I was sent to ICU because of my heart. They almost had to zap me with the paddles. This is the most painful proceedure I have ever had. I wish this pain upon no one. Not worth it. I rather stay fat and die of my sleep apena then go through this pain. I want my old body back. Lord Help ME.:help:

I feel so sick and nausa- hard drink liquids because of nausa.

Oh geeze hon! What the hell's wrong with that Dr? I dont know what that "fundoplication" is but I'm going to research it. Did you end up with the band? No? Oh I'd be so upset if I were in your shoes. I'm so sorry your hurting, but just keep focused on the fact that you will heal and the pain won't be there forever. Bless your heart. *hugs*

It is awful to see such a great procedure go bad, It can make it so hard to understand and cause regret and guilt.. but you did this for a reason, focus on getting better, then go back to why you made the choice in the first place.. Like alot of things, time will heal the anger and regret and you will feel better because of the weight you have lost and the apprecaition of life you have gained.

Oh my gosh so sorry to hear what you went through. I'm scared to ask which doctor, but I'm gonna. This just sounds awful. I'm not sure what you ended up with so when you get a chance please tell us. Did you end up with a lapband or something else?

Take care of yourself and get well. We all are praying for you.

K-Cee,

I'm stunned to hear of the circumstances regarding your surgery! My prayers are with you to feel better soon.... sounds like you're in a lot of pain.

I can't imagine what your family/friends thought who were waiting and expecting the surgery to last only a short time. Did you say the next day they went BACK in to expand and blow up your stomach? The part they CUT?! WTF? It would have near stopped my heart too!

First and foremost, I wish you relief from all the pain you're feeling/going through. Once you're on the road to recovery, I would look into filing a complaint with the hospital, State of Texas medical licensing board... sounds like the Dr needs much more training before he "practices" on others.

So sorry you're going thru this,

Karla

K-Cee, you need to post your surgeons name here so other people won't let him "practice" on them!

That is awful....

Did you end up with the band? Who was your doctor? It sounds like you have a malpractice case.

If you did get the band find another doctor for your aftercare. You will never be able to trust this doctor again.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Hi,

I live in Northwest Houston and am considering the lap band procedure. Could you say who your doctor was? I am 65 and wondering if it is right for me.

Was your husband an extremely high risk patient? I am sorry for your loss. I hope your have an attorney to represent you. As a patient of past neglect and complications don't let it go if you feel the surgeon and hospital were at fault. :smile2:

Della

Hi, My name is Sharyl and I was banded and debanded by Dr. Spiegel. I would love to talk to you more about your experience. Are you still banded? I'm 47, live in Houston, was banded 6-06 and debanded last saturday because I was dehydrated and starving to death. Not able to keep anything down. I'm thrilled to be free of that thing but scared to death to gain any weight back. How are you doing?

Hi, My name is Sharyl and I was banded and debanded by Dr. Spiegel. I would love to talk to you more about your experience. Are you still banded? I'm 47, live in Houston, was banded 6-06 and debanded last saturday because I was dehydrated and starving to death. Not able to keep anything down. I'm thrilled to be free of that thing but scared to death to gain any weight back. How are you doing?

Hi,

Something got confused. I haven't been banded yet. I will be in July or August. My dietitian will not work with Dr. Siegel. I live in Cypress and will be using Dr. Waggoner. Why couldn't Dr. Spiegel get your fill correct so you weren't starving? I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

Della

It's a shame she wrote this last august and never came back to tell us how she is doing. It would also be good if she would tell who the dr was.

has anyone from her area tried sending her a private message? I would be doing that if I lived near her to make sure her doctor didn't operate on me!

I didn't write that last August. I just wrote it because i just found out about this site. My doctor's name was Felix Spiegel here in Houston. It was this past Saturday that I was debanded. Sorry about the confusion but he has been my only doctor. He offered to make adjustments but the band had been extremely tight from the very beginning. I had attemped a fill a couple of times but each time (and btw they would only put .4 or less) it would be so tight that I would have to have it removed. I'm enjoying not having the band so far and continuing to lose weight. I will keep you posted and good luck to you.