Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Po And I Can Easily Eat 4 Oz Of Soft Foods?

Hi

I started eating soft foods yesterday and I find no problem eating 4 oz of food! I am concerned because I read other people can only eat like a tablespoon at a time... I take small bites and really chew (I used to have the lap-band and am used to take small bites and chewing well) but I can easily eat 4 oz of beef stew (cooked in a crock pot for 4 hours- really soft) and it will have me full for hours, but I am worried that it's too much too soon and when all the swelling goes down I will be able to eat too much?

I never had a problem with liquids, from go in the hospital I was able to swig and can practically chug a clear liquid.< /p>

Any advice?

I am 3 weeks post OP too and can eat a little more than I think I should. I ate very soft boiled chicken wings (cooked in slow cooker), and I ate two for the whole day (200 calories, about 2 oz a piece). However, I wondered if I should be able to eat that much.I was wondering about this as well. I ate a piece of baked flaky fish too, 90 calories, lots of Protein though.

HI. I will be three weeks out on Thursday. I can eat 4 oz of pureed fruit or something similar but if I do I get that over ate feeling. I am also hyper paranoid about stretching my new stomach so when I think I might feel full (could be gas) I stop eating. I am not getting in enough calories, Water, Protein, etc as I should but I think I am doing pretty good. Right now I am focusing on changing my overall eating habits and not just how much I eat. I would think that the size of bougie your doctor used would make a difference in how much you can eat...?

I am 5 weeks post-op today and I also feel like I am able to eat too much. I don't have to chew and chew like I thought I would and I can pretty much drink Water the way I always did. I haven't come across any food that I can't tolerate. Next week I'll be adding in more solid protien and raw veggies. Last night I had 4 turkey meatballs with Tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It weighed 3.5 oz on my food scale. I ate it all and probably could have eaten another meatball but I stopped and I was satisfied. I told my NUT that I am hungry about every 2 hours and she said that is good. She also told me to eat at least 1000 calories a day to speed up my weight loss. I was only getting around 700 to 800 a day. I just really haven't had any problems since surgery and my weight loss isn't as fast as I thought it would be. I'm going to stick to the 1000 calories, 60 - 80 grams of protien and 48 - 64 oz of water and see if I start losing more. I guess slow and steady wins the race.

I am 5 weeks post-op today and I also feel like I am able to eat too much. I don't have to chew and chew like I thought I would and I can pretty much drink Water the way I always did. I haven't come across any food that I can't tolerate. Next week I'll be adding in more solid protien and raw veggies. Last night I had 4 turkey meatballs with Tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It weighed 3.5 oz on my food scale. I ate it all and probably could have eaten another meatball but I stopped and I was satisfied. I told my NUT that I am hungry about every 2 hours and she said that is good. She also told me to eat at least 1000 calories a day to speed up my weight loss. I was only getting around 700 to 800 a day. I just really haven't had any problems since surgery and my weight loss isn't as fast as I thought it would be. I'm going to stick to the 1000 calories, 60 - 80 grams of protien and 48 - 64 oz of Water and see if I start losing more. I guess slow and steady wins the race.

Awww, sweet pea, you are sweet. Yes slow and steady wins. You made me laugh about how you ate it all.

At least the 4oz keeps me full--for hours which is something I never experienced with the lap-band (always stuck and hungry). Also, since I started eating mushies it has pushed my stall and I started losing again. LOL- it's only been one day.

I too am concerned about stretching my stomach. I ate a whole piece of Gortons Tilaphia last night 80 cal 13 Protein it was great nothing else with it but didnt hurt either. I can drink Water with no problem 64 oz in a day no big deal. I do a Protein Drink still 1 a day. I am getting all my protein in every day. I average 500 calories a day so days 700 no more then that. I dont want to do this wrong soo scared. :(

I'm the same was 6 weeks yesterday, I have been able to drink really easily almost like normal from day 3. When I eat I can eat now it's about 4 to 5 oz. depending on what it is and I def feel FULL. Seems like alot to me too for this early but I'm glad I'm not throwing up and sick all the time. I have lost 28 total including pre op 1 week liquids, so I'm happy.

Just try to stop eating before you get full. I am still having a little bit of trouble getting used to taking little bites. I have accidentally eaten big bites a few times and learned my lesson. I don't have a problem with stopping when I'm full. I can eat about half a chicken breast and a few green Beans now.

This is an interesting topic.......I too sometimes feel like I am able to have more than I should? but in reality it still really isn't that much. I think it really depends on WHAT it is....my Protein Shake I can drink relatively quick (not guzzling by any means but not taking an hour like the first few days) but something like baked potatoe I feel full within about 5-7 bites. So it kinda varies with the item.... I'm hovering around 600 calories a day right now unless I workout and then even with an extra something (banana, yogurt) I'm still barely at 500. Seems like I should up that total to speed up the loss of lbs, but it's kinda hard since I'm still on 'stage 2'....(weird..."hard to up the calories??" that's a new one!!) But seriously I think whoever said their NUT said stay around 1000 is prolly the right idea.