Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Back From The Dead, Unsleeved, But I Have A New Surgery Date!

First and foremost, I would like to apologize to the everyone who was worried about me and thought something bad happened to me around my previous surgery date. I was going through a whole lot of chaos mentally, emotionally and physically with very little support, so i felt it would be best for me to postpone my surgery for a later date or until everything got better.

I know I haven't posted on here since October, maybe September, I don't recall but I'm here to let you know that I'm officially back on the bandwagon. This time im eady to lay all my cards on the table and finish what I previous started last year.

I recently received a new surgery date, April 26th, and I'm more excited than previous surgery date I received. Internally I feel at peace and now it time to let it show externally.

As most of you may already know, the only support I have is my sister and you all! Everyone else I spoke about it with are completely against my decision and desperately trying to change my mind, but I wont let that happen, no, not a chance in hell lol.

I also decided to start a podcast from the beginning of my journey all the way to the end of it. As soon as I get the ball rolling I will definitely keep you all informed.

To all my newly sleeved people, from sept. 2011-march 2012, I would like to congratulate you all on taken a major leap of faith and joining the journey to a better life and longer life. You have my FULL SUPPORT! To all my future sleevers I wish you all the best of luck on the pre-journey, I'm right there behind you cheering you on all the way to finishline!

Awesome,welcome back and best of luck with your surgery,April is almost here!!!

Great to hear you decided to go full force this time around!!! Good Luck! i will be right behind you with my surgery date of June 8th!!!

Whoo hoo, Jimmy!! Welcome back! I am so glad you found the internal peace and acceptance you need to do this for YOURSELF! So proud and so happy you will be with me on the loser's bench soon!!

Welcome back, Jimmy! Sometimes we need that time to get our heads straight before we undertake a journey like this one! Good luck on your surgery date! :)

Jimmy: don't worry about other people and their narrow mindedness. They mean well, but cause a lot of stress for us. This is a hard journey but very rewarding in and of itself. Welcome! ;)

First and foremost, I would like to apologize to the everyone who was worried about me and thought something bad happened to me around my previous surgery date. I was going through a whole lot of chaos mentally, emotionally and physically with very little support, so i felt it would be best for me to postpone my surgery for a later date or until everything got better.

I know I haven't posted on here since October, maybe September, I don't recall but I'm here to let you know that I'm officially back on the bandwagon. This time im eady to lay all my cards on the table and finish what I previous started last year.

I recently received a new surgery date, April 26th, and I'm more excited than previous surgery date I received. Internally I feel at peace and now it time to let it show externally.

As most of you may already know, the only support I have is my sister and you all! Everyone else I spoke about it with are completely against my decision and desperately trying to change my mind, but I wont let that happen, no, not a chance in hell lol.

I also decided to start a podcast from the beginning of my journey all the way to the end of it. As soon as I get the ball rolling I will definitely keep you all informed.

To all my newly sleeved people, from sept. 2011-march 2012, I would like to congratulate you all on taken a major leap of faith and joining the journey to a better life and longer life. You have my FULL SUPPORT! To all my future sleevers I wish you all the best of luck on the pre-journey, I'm right there behind you cheering you on all the way to finishline!

Welcome back! I think it is ever so important to be sure you're mentally ready for this because it is not easy! It's always best to ponder for awhile before just jumping in cold turkey. You did the right thing.

Now it sounds like you are 110% ready to do this... so c'mon in!! The waters fine. :)

Looking forward to all your amazing updates!!

Congratulations on your new surgery date. April is quickly approaching! I'm sorry that those you have shared with have not been supportive. I was pretty certain most people would not understand why I was having the surgery so I kept it to myself except a few key people. I can FEEL that you are at peace and that is so important, because like lilmissdiva said, it's not easy and you need to be coming from a good place. I'm excited for you and looking forward to watching your journey so keep us posted!

Welcome back and thanks for the congratulations!!!! I'm glad you took the time you needed to make sure your are truly ready... You are strong and courageous!!!!

God Love you Jimmy...I was not here when you left so I want to welcome you back...it is very hard with no support...that's why I didn't tell many people...they can be so judgemental...and that hurts...my husband was not for the surgery...he knew how much I loved food....and I know now the biggest fear he had was loosing me, due to a surgery "I choose" to have...but with education he got on board with me!! I pray that you get the support that you need this time...you know we are always here....this group has been so helpful for so many people...you take care of yourself and keep us posted!!! Blessings~Melanie:)

Congrats on your new surgery date! Like others have mentioned it's important that you are mentally, and emotionally ready for the surgery and it seems you are! I'm sorry to hear that you do not have a very strong support system. I've learned that the biggest reasons people do not support WLS is usually because they are uniformed, and uneducated about obesity, and the procedure itself. You just have to remember WHO you are doing this surgery for, it's not for them, it's for you! They can either get on board or jump ship because we're talking about your life here! Hopefully through your surgery, and experience they will learn, and see what a good choice you are/have made!

Welcome back! It is better to be in a good place mentally so dont fret. April is coming soon....

Welcome back. . I don't think I've "met" you, but I'm so happy things are turning around for you. . .good luck and keep posting with us!

Hey and welcome back!! Kudos to you for making sure you are completely ready for this life-changing surgery and new lifestyle. Even if it meant postponing it for a while. So many people rush in, not being fully ready mentally, emotionally, etc. I am not going to say there still won't be struggles, but waiting til you felt more comfortable is important for you. Good luck on your journey and congrats on your new surgery date!!

:)