Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lenox Hill Hospital New York, Ny

I am having my surgery on the 29th with Roslin colleague, Dr Yatco. I went from Mary, to Tamara,to Lisa to now Carla. It was so frustrating to go through so many different people. But I am looking forward to my surgery in 2 weeks

I am having my surgery on the 29th with Roslin colleague' date=' Dr Yatco. I went from Mary, to Tamara,to Lisa to now Carla. It was so frustrating to go through so many different people. But I am looking forward to my surgery in 2 weeks[/quote']

Good luck to you! I am still I the hospital three days later but mostly because I wasn't able to drink enough on my own to be released. I should leave today. I got the sleeve Tuesday morning and stopped taking all pain meds Wednesday night. It's a little painful but not enough to need drugs. My bigger issue was nausea and I'm a going home on nausea meds. It was really bad the first 2 days but has gotten better.

Dr Roslin's team has been great! Will likely be the same team for you. They make rounds and talk about your questions.

I am so sick of icky bro, I am actually looking forward to icky Protein shakes!!

Good luck!

Hi. I'm new here. I am just at the begining of my journey. I went to the seminiar, and had a triple play appointment with the nutristionist, psych, and Dr. Yatco. I also met with Carla.

Trying to deal with the paper work involved for insurance GHI approval. I have 2 doctors working on the support letters, have the daily menu sheets, getting blood work and an appointment for the UGI.

What else am I going to need before I can get a date for surgery. I need to fit it in during my 3 weel vacation at the end of August, before school starts up again. I am a NYC teacher.

So glad I found this site. The info is great.

hi - you will do great! try finding a Protein Powder now so you can fool around w/making shakes that are palatable for yourself ... I use Jay Robb's unflavored whey Protein powder (you can get online or in Whole Foods) and mix it up w/peanut butter, milk & some frozen berries, etc., or a frozen banana ... also sometimes add in a tablespoon of chocolate ice cream to add flavor ... but try to figure out a good concoction for yourself for Protein Shakes, in that you will probably be drinking a lot of them for the first few months to help you get your protein in. Stock up on Amy's Lentil Soup cans and buy a baby bullet so you can pulverize the stuff into mushies ... you will enjoy a hot cup of that during your mushy stage and this will also help you get some protein in for your daily protein intake (it helped me a lot!) ... stock up on crystal light (your favorite kind - I like the lemonade) and also chicken broth (the packets so you can make a cup at a time - hot chicken broth was very soothing during the first few weeks and even now 8 months later I have it a lot), and get yourself some kind of water bottle that you can sip from throughout the day so that you can constantly have w/you on hand so you can keep drinking Water (no straws!) ... when you are ready for Protein Bars, I would suggest Quest, which you can buy online .. they are a tad more expensive than store bought, but have tons of protein (20g) per bar and full of good stuff (not a lot of other stuff like sugar, etc.) .. and find a nice flavored tea you like - warm/hot tea is great to drink and will also help you meet your water requirements .. I like the raspberry tea bigelow makes and I buy it in Walmart or A&P stores ... good luck - you will do great! Welcome to the losers bench !!!!!! keep the peace ...

@AUDREY, make sure your paperwork is on point with GHI, I was denied twice. Got approved on 2nd level appeal

@AUDREY' date=' make sure your paperwork is on point with GHI, I was denied twice. Got approved on 2nd level appeal[/quote']

Audrey, I was in a similar situation. I had a short window where I could schedule surgery and it was a nailbiter! I called the office frequently to make sure the date I wanted was still available (like once a week) but had to wait until my approval came in. It came about 10 days prior to my surgery and I had to scramble to get all the pre-tests done. Just have faith that it will work out! I had BCBS which I hear is more lenient than GHI. But these docs will go to bat for you. Good luck!

I'm late on this thread but I'm going through Lenox hill as well with dr Yatco any body use him?

I am using Dr Yatco. Carla just called me yesterday saying that she's sending my paperwork to GHI. Now I just am waiting for approval for August 20th. When is your date?

I just had my surgery on the 29 with yatco. Your in good hands. I also had ghi insurance. Be prepared you will be sore. Not pain, but it will feel like you did 2000 sit ups

I am using Dr Yatco. Carla just called me yesterday saying that she's sending my paperwork to GHI. Now I just am waiting for approval for August 20th. When is your date?

My surgery is June 5 excited and scared at the same time

I just had my surgery on the 29 with yatco. Your in good hands. I also had ghi insurance. Be prepared you will be sore. Not pain' date=' but it will feel like you did 2000 sit ups[/quote']

Did u wake up in pain and was there a breathing tube

I did not wake up w/breathing tube, but was in some discomfort immediately after surgery ... it's now almost 9 months later, and I can honestly say it's all a blur, and the best thing I ever did for myself .. so even if you do experience some pain or discomfort after surgery, trust me when I say that a few months down the road it will all be a distant memory and you will be THRILLED with your decision that you had the surgery -- life, in general, will be so much "improved" in all aspects once you lose weight and are healthier .. trust me .. I speak from experience! I'm down 90 lbs and feel like a new person! I still have about 30-50 more to go, but am just taking it one day at a time and know that I will get there eventually - no rush - for now I'm just so proud and happy to have had the success that I have had! Good luck to you!

No breathing tube,when waking up,just a little disoriented.

Hey I didn't have a breathing tube just woke up in some pain but 1year and 5 months later I am down 100 pounds and still want to be down another 50 pounds my process has been slow but I do not regret it and after the first 3 months you will not regret it either.