Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life Changing Muffins/cheesecake

I found this at a low carb forum I belong, I made them and OMG. Life is good again. I eat it for Breakfast with coffee, or as a dessert. Its just like cheesecake. So freaking good and if you make them in the small muffin pan, they are the perfect size :

low carb muffins

2 8oz. pkg. philadelphia cream cheese

1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)

2 eggs

1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth. Pour into 12 muffin pans lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

(Some people like them with only 1 egg, I thought 2 eggs were fine)

You can use strawberry cream cheese or any other flavor. If you make 12 they only got about 11 calories and less than 1 gram of carbs. Seriously make them, they will change your life :)

Awesome! thanks for posting this!!

OMG this does sound absolutely delicious - but 2 pkg of phii cream cheese, sounds like alot? i will make, out of curiousity do you know any Protein value thanx kathy

little crash here:

btw - bellbbr- you mentioned thin Bagels (1/2) in an earlier post - i can digest no problem - is there any problem with eating bagel, are you supposed to eat?

nutritionally wise? also any Protein value? thanx kathy

The Protein is low. Like 1 gram per muffin. It's more of a low calorie/low carb sweet treat. Yeah the first time I thought it was a lot too but it comes out great.

The bagel the thin ones makes me feel stuffed. Everyone says you are not suppose to have bread because it can swell in your stomach. I don't know the science behind it but that is what I heard that with the sleeve, bread, rice and Pasta are no no's bc of the fact they swell inside.

The Protein is low. Like 1 gram per muffin. It's more of a low calorie/low carb sweet treat. Yeah the first time I thought it was a lot too but it comes out great.

The bagel the thin ones makes me feel stuffed. Everyone says you are not suppose to have bread because it can swell in your stomach. I don't know the science behind it but that is what I heard that with the sleeve, bread, rice and Pasta are no no's bc of the fact they swell inside.

thanx for the great info - didn't want those stupid Bagels anyways :rolleyes:best wishes kathy

Sounds delicious! I'll be making some later this weekend! :)

You guys have to let me know if you love it as much as I do. Keep in mind colder is better. I just make a batch and keep it in the fridge. They keep well. Enjoy :)

I was gonna ask how well they keep. Since it's just me here, I'll be eating these for a few days. Can they be frozen do you think?

Something doesn't sound right here - an ounce of cream cheese is 100 calories, (even the lowfat stuff is 65 or so per ounce,) and if you are getting 12 muffins from 16oz of cream cheese and an egg or two... that's more like 150 cal per muffin. Am I missing something? That's not bad for a muffin-ish type treat, but still something to budget.

Weight Watchers cream cheese is delicious! Could be a good substitute. I'm not sure on its calorie/fat/etc values but I remember cheeseballs from Christmas that were divine.

Thank you so much!! I made these a couple nights ago. I made half the recipe. It made 6 muffins. They are delicious! They've kept great in the refrigerator. I am going to make them again and add a scoop of chocolate Protein powder! Yum! Great recipe post!

I noticed that several folks have posted about missing pasta...both my NUT & my surgeon told me I can have whole wheat Pasta & brown rice at week 3 (now)...was anyone else given this info? I went online & printed out Sleeve Eating guides from 3 different surgeons around the country and they all allow whole grain pasta & brown rice. Gimme feedback PLEEZ!!!

Things like egg noodles and rice/beans were on my first month mush/soft list. A lot of people here, and a few docs, are seriously into low carb diets which are in fashion today, so that pretty much eliminates those foods for them, but there's nothing inherently wrong or sleeve incompatible with those foods. I didn't have them much because they aren't all that nutritionally dense, so there were better things to have with my restricted intake. My wife did make some kind of a lasagna type dish for a club meeting that went down fine - I just had to make sure that I was otherwise OK on my Protein for that day - and I occasionally had a Chipotle soft taco when I was out and that had some rice and Beans in it as well as the meat and veg (though I normally left most of the tortilla behind out of stomach space considerations. When I did Italian, I usually added other veg to the mix rather than Pasta out of that nutrition/space considerations, but would sometimes have a little bit of Pasta when it was served up with chicken parmesan at a restaurant.

So, yes, you can enjoy those foods in some moderation; just try to maintain your Protein priorities!

I was gonna ask how well they keep. Since it's just me here, I'll be eating these for a few days. Can they be frozen do you think?

Meet me in Orlando, I'll be happy to take some off your hands ;-)