Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 1/2 Weeks Post Op Having Some Issues!

The last week I've been having heart burn. Well I think it's heartburn it burns and is uncomfortable. And about when this happened my gag reflex is full force I can just gag for no reason! And almost every time I eat I get the slimes. I just go to the bath room puke up some slimmy stuff and I'm fine. No food is coming up. Please tell me this gets better.

hi spacey

sorry you are having so many problems. - having those gag reflex are no fun. same w/going to the bathroom etc. puking and all doesn't sound right. Please call your doctor - he will give you helpful information.

I believe this board is for support, some advise and experiences of are own referring to anyone subject matter but not to be confused official words of wisdom from our doctors.

that being said.... my wls 12/15/11 - my doc gave me Priloc to take home. take it daily (am) and i've never experienced heartburn!!! just my 2 cents :unsure:

hopefully w/your docs help, you will get better sooner than later :)

best

kathy

I am 3 1/2 weeks out. My Dr. put me on Nexium and it seems to be working. I eat a lot more comfortable with the pills than my fiance did when he was on his mushy phase (he never took his Nexium). Even Water goes down much more comfortably with it, I just hope I don't have to take it forever.

I sent him an e mail so I'll see what he says. I feel great except for when those things happen. I wonder if I'm gaging because of the acid shooting up? I'm going to start mushies again to step back maybe my new tummy isn't likeing soft/solid food.< /p>

i hope it gets better!

I have been fine until this week as well, at 5-1/2 weeks out. Monday I poached a tender piece of halibut and steamed asparagus. The asparagus I'd eaten many times before, no problems at all. I ate about 2oz of the fish very slowly, chewed like crazy, over about one hour. I got that horrendous pain in the chest that didn't go away for about 15 minutes. So I finally gave in, and tried spitting a little only to have my first slime experience. Disgusting. Unfortunately I have a sensitive gag reflex, so the entire dinner came up. Now switch to the next evening when I'm at a friend's for dinner and I was able to eat about 3oz of grilled chicken, some green pepper, onion, avocado, mozz cheese, and 1/2 an oatmeal cookie made with applesauce. No problems at all! Then the next night I used the remaining halibut and put it in a veggie broth, and it went down no problem. So I'm thinking the one bad night is behind me. Until last night, when I tried eating roasted chicken (have had it before no problem) and after 1.5oz over 45 minutes -- got the slimes again.

I take Prilosec in the mornings and otherwise have no heartburn symptoms. Go figure!!

I'm about the same place you are - haven't had problems with acid - but I have talked to others that have. Definitely see if the doc will prescribe you an acid reducer or see if you can find one over the counter.

Yeah emlefe. I wonder if our new Stomachs are getting feeling back because I've had issues with some foods I've had no problems with before also. I slimmed the first time last Friday and it seems to happen every other day now.

I have only had the slimmes once and I know that it was becuase I was taking too big of bites not chewing enough and eating too fast. It's kind of a trial by error kind of thing at first. But I think a PPI would help with the reflux. I started on Prilosec and switched to Nexium and the doctor changed the dose until I had relief. Praying for answers for you.

That's the case with me too - if I eat too much and/or too fast it'll slime up on me. I have to be really careful with how quickly I eat (meaning I don't take the time to chew enough) and every so often the eating too fast causes me to eat too much. Any combo of those two will make me slime up - ewwww!

The last week I've been having heart burn. Well I think it's heartburn it burns and is uncomfortable. And about when this happened my gag reflex is full force I can just gag for no reason! And almost every time I eat I get the slimes. I just go to the bath room puke up some slimmy stuff and I'm fine. No food is coming up. Please tell me this gets better.

It will indeed get better. You could try eating under you list. By this i mean if your get this a lot then back up on your food list. Stay on liquids a little longer, go back one step on your diet list and progress at a slower pace.

I am 5 months out and I still get the slimes. Not as often but if I take 1 bite too many, it will happen. Funny thing, if I eat too much, my nose starts running. And a couple of times I got the sneezes. You have to remember to take 1 less bite. Tricky thing but makes you think before taking that last bite that you shouldn't.

My acid reducer seems to be helping my heart burn problem but I still slime up for no reason. All day I'm clearing the back of my throat or spitting I just feel like my stomach is full of that slim stuff. So when I eat it all comes up. Maybe I need a little more time with my acid reducer. What else can cause this slimy stuff to produce with out eating?

My acid reducer seems to be helping my heart burn problem but I still slime up for no reason. All day I'm clearing the back of my throat or spitting I just feel like my stomach is full of that slim stuff. So when I eat it all comes up. Maybe I need a little more time with my acid reducer. What else can cause this slimy stuff to produce with out eating?

How long since your surgery? I had this problem early on (3-4 weeks) and the Dr. said it was esophogal (sp?) spasms. One of the prescriptions they gave me was for this specifically but I wasn't taking it because I hate taking medicine. As soon as I took the pills for a couple of days, it quit. Could be that's what's happening. Check with your Dr.