Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Month Post Opp Today... Wth!

Today is my One month Sleeve Anniversery! I had lost 35 pounds this month but for the last few days I have been gaining weight! Yep you heard me right GAINING!! one pound a day!! YIKES!! I am not sure what is going on :( I understand having a stall but a gain is a different story! So Now my total loss for this first month is 32 pounds. I am happy about it but wish the scale would stop going the wrong way. I keep my carbs under 20g a day no breads, rices, potatoes. I work out almost every day, sometimes twice a day and just started weights this week! I am happy with my decission to have the sleeve but seeing the scale go back makes me nervous because this has been the story of my life watching that darn scale go up!

Ok so the things below is what helped me this first month with my Water and Protein intake.

1. Premier Protein shake (sams club)

2. Vitamin Water zero

4. Crushed Ice

5. Shaved Roast beef from the deli

6. Diced Ham in the lunch meat section

working out causes muscle gain which replaces the fat that you lose. muscles weigh more than fat. don't get down on yourself. focus on inches and how your clothes are fitting. don't let that scale define your progress. that has been my motto this entire journey. keep doing what you are doing! 32 pounds is fantastic! i think you are doing an awesome job. put your before picture next to a picture of you today and look at the change. i bet it will amaze you! I had to do that today because i felt like i wasn't getting anywhere.i know 57 pounds is a lot but i couldn't see it. visuals help. think positive and be proud. you're doing great!

any chance that time of the month is on its way? That usually can be good for up to 9 lbs of Water weight.

Calculate your calories - make sure you're getting enough. I see you're eating deli meat - that's high in sodium which might be causing you to retain water.

I'm no expert but my understanding is that weight training creates a temporary gain in Water weight.. the muscles become "inflamed" and as your body repairs the microscopic tears it retains liquids to use for healing. Sounds like you're doing everything right. I struggled with a bunch of stalls in the begining and it was so trying. I just focused on doing what I was suppose to. I know it's soooo difficult but if you know you're doing everything right, it's going to go in the right direction!!! BTW, congratulations on your weightloss AND all the changes you have made. You are sure rocking that sleeve!!! Hang in there!!!

Don't feel bad. Tomorrow is my one month surgiversary and I've only lost 11 lbs since surgery. (10- pre-op diet). I've always been a slow loser. I know my body is resisting going into the 180's. I've been at 190 for several days. I totally believe the body has "set points" and has to adjust with stalls.

I agree with the deli meat issue. I bet if you switch to soft fish (tilapia, salmon...) and/or shrimp you'll the scale moving again. Me, I think I'm going to try the HCG food plan (without the HCG) for today to shake things up! It's 2 apples, 4 oz meat & veggies for lunch & dinner. That's it. 500 cals.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Don't feel bad. Tomorrow is my one month surgiversary and I've only lost 11 lbs since surgery. (10- pre-op diet). I've always been a slow loser. I know my body is resisting going into the 180's. I've been at 190 for several days. I totally believe the body has "set points" and has to adjust with stalls.

I agree with the deli meat issue. I bet if you switch to soft fish (tilapia, salmon...) and/or shrimp you'll the scale moving again. Me, I think I'm going to try the HCG food plan (without the HCG) for today to shake things up! It's 2 apples, 4 oz meat & veggies for lunch & dinner. That's it. 500 cals.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Girly!! Please let me know how your Diet goes, maybe i will switch too!

Thanks!!! I have the deli meats because I work full time and go to school full time plus got to get in my work out time. I spend my lunch hour working out and after work too. So i dont have much time to cook so thats been my solution I roll the a piece of lunch meat, cheese into a lettuce wrap!.

Today's my 1 mo surgiversary too. I have lost 22 including pre op diet. 14 since surgery. Weighed 180 this morning. And I just started working out this week. 35 sounds super to me! Wish I was down that much! Lol but I'm short and lower end BMI so I exspect it will come off alittle slower. I agree TOM Plus weight training will add alittle Water weight for a couple of weeks but it will come off.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi, lifting weights/working out will add muscle mass, and I love lifting weights too. I recommend you wait a little bit before lifting too heavy. I am a gym rat too, and weights will add pounds momentarily. It will even out in about 3 weeks, but if it bothers you, wait until you have lost a little more and then start lifting again, I will start lifting about 2-3 months out so I can give my body time to adjust. If its near your time of the month, stay off the scale, I know I gain up to 6-8 pounds of Water weight, soon as its over I am back to normal. I am new with the sleeve 1 week post op, but had the lapband. Not new to working out at all, love it.

Wanted to add, at one time when I was lifting, I was 177, but I looked like I was 150, so the weight does not matter once you shed all the excess fat. I was 22% body fat at that time. This was before any weight loss surgery. So you will appear smaller, the weight will probably be larger, that is why I say wait until you see the scale at where you want it and then lift.