Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here! Today is 1 week post op for me. Everything is going good so far... Just bored with the broth, Decaf tea, and Water. I found on you tube a clear liquid recipe for apple pie in a mug. It consist of apple juice, drop of honey, drop of vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon. Has anyone tried this? Do you think it ok?

I would stick with a low sugar apple juice. I use Mott's for Tots. (When you start getting more nutrition, try to phase out the juice) Pre op, i would have chosen honey over "sweeteners," but I was told to avoid honey now, as it is...sugar...basically. I use Truvia now, since it's safer than other artificial sweeteners. I know the clear extracts should be fine, not sure about the cinnamon. It is powdery and does not dissolve, so might not be a good idea. I don't know if any of that helps you or not. Clears are VERY hard to get through, but remember it's not this way forever. You can do it!!! :)

Today I made a warm spiced apple juice- added cinnamon sticks, cloves, whole allspice. Cooked it about 15 minutes on low heat and strained it. I am on my 7th day of clears and so ready for the next phase!!!

I'm so not creative. I didn't even realize apple juice was ok until today. I have my first appointment /1 hour class with the NUT tomorrow. I have literally been on chicken broth, camomile tea, and Water since last Tuesday. I was so bored. Apple juice changes things up :-) lol

one week post op tomorrow.. so i am feeling your pain.. i have been drink g2 and Water and sf popscicles...

I lived on SF popsicles for the first 2, almost 3 weeks... Even while I was supposed to be trying to work in solids and mushies and purees, everything hurt.

Listen to your body and when in doubt, call your Dr.

Welcome to the losers bench!

Today I made a warm spiced apple juice- added cinnamon sticks, cloves, whole allspice. Cooked it about 15 minutes on low heat and strained it. I am on my 7th day of clears and so ready for the next phase!!!

Cinnamon sticks! Great idea! you still get the flavor...

I'm so not creative. I didn't even realize apple juice was ok until today. I have my first appointment /1 hour class with the NUT tomorrow. I have literally been on chicken broth, camomile tea, and Water since last Tuesday. I was so bored. Apple juice changes things up :-) lol

I remembered they gave me apple juice in the hospital, so i figured it must be ok...

G2 or propel Water is a good choice as they have Vitamins in them. Juices are good too. I am almost 4 weeks out and am still on full liquids. Can't wait for mushies and then actual food I can chew!

I remembered they gave me apple juice in the hospital' date=' so i figured it must be ok...[/quote']

Oh they gave you juice at the hospital?!?! I was just given Decaf tea, broth, and Water so I guess I was just trying to follow what they gave me. But happy to add a little bit of juice now. I guess I will learn more tomorrow from the NUT.

I lived on SF popsicles for the first 2' date=' almost 3 weeks... Even while I was supposed to be trying to work in solids and mushies and purees, everything hurt.

Listen to your body and when in doubt, call your Dr.

Welcome to the losers bench![/quote']

I would love to have the ice pops but I am always so cold :-(