Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Compliment That You've Gotten Since Your Weightloss Thus Far?

Hello VST family,

I was in the gym yesterday preparing for my workout on the floor and a girlfriend of mines who sees me regularly said this to me:

"Girlllll you are getting so fine, I am going to get you a BODYGUARD"....lol

I replied -- Let me know when he is hear, so that he can do my 3hr worksouts for me...hehehehe

(She replied, no silly -- to keep all of these men off of you!)

At that moment, I was hit with a double whammy of a compliment. She has seen me every step of the way, and is very fit at 50 years old, weight 128 and mantaining.

I appreciated her more at that moment, then thoroughout our entire friendship!

Sooooo, my question is as follows:

What is the best compliment have you've gotten thus far throughout your weightloss that is sticking in your mind?

Please chime in...(Much love and success!)

My son (14) on seeing me come to the pool with out a shirt for the first time. He stops and stares and I cringe inside, then he says, "ok Dad, 1st, you have lost ALOT of weight!, 2nd, you look great!!! And then he smile this goofy im proud o my dad smile.

My boyfriend's friend asking if my boyfriend had a new girlfriend. He didn't recognize me!

I saw my college age stepson last night for the first time in a few months. He came up and said he didn't recognize me until he saw my face. :)

Lissa

My daughter who is a size 1-3-5 in jeans walking in my room and hands me a pair of BKE jeans that were just a little too big for her and said if they fit I could have them. :) Guess what... They fit! lol

Just knowing that she thinks I would be close to her size is a huge compliment for me. She is a 15 yr old (pretty self centered) topical teenager.LOL

I love the stories, keep them coming. Just because we are parents and\or older, doesn't mean that we don't care how we look too...hehheheh

We are making progress people!

I was on vacation and a few of us women were T-shirt shopping. I held a T-shirt up against myself and said, "Do you think this would fit?" Another woman looked at me and said, "You are so small I think you should get the next size down." Me--small!!

Foxbins, doesn't that just shock you? In your mind, you were probably thinking "I never considered me as a small anything"...hehehe

Nice to hear someone else does; even when it takes time for "our" minds to catch up.

I never phathomed that I would be a size "M" top. Could grab something off th shelf, never try it on -- and it fits when I get it home.. and I like it!!! heheheh me a "M"? Who would've thought...lol

Mines would be my husband looking at me from the back in jeans and my making those appreciative male noises. It's so nice to be appreciated! ;)

When my granddaughter who haven't seen me in a while said "grandma you look pretty". I said thank you sweetheart, I also went shopping with my daughter and we now wear the same size. had to buy the smaller size because I am still losing. I love my sleeve........

The other week at Mardi Gras, I was in my costume, short little number and my friend (who is quiet the looker) walks into my room and the first thing he says is that I looked "sexy as hell"....that felt amazing!!!!

I've gotten a few compliments about looking great but I've got to say, being noticed more by men everywhere I go is the best thing ever! I got hit on by a couple of guys who looked about college age at the grocery store today! *blush* I've only lost 40 pounds but I think I'm regaining my self confidence. When I felt fat and frumpy I dressed that way and now that I'm feeling thinner I'm taking better care of my appearance. It's definitely paying off :) Thank you sleeve!

There are sooo many, but the one that really gets me that I think I read just today is that I have nice arms (???????)...I had the HUGEST TRUCKER ARMS before and NEVER showed them and to hear someone say something good/nice about my arms is craaaazy and so nice :)

Two: 1. "You look younger," and 2. (From my boss) "You look different. Are you losing weight?" The first, for obvious reasons, and the second, my boss is oblivious, so for him to notice is amazing. :lol: