Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Feb Sleevers Any Regrets? Best And Worst Thing So Far

I have tried to eat eggs and was running into a problem too. I've started to do two things. If you're not using egg beaters try to blend them and after cooking them soft mash them into tiny particles with the fork. This has made a world of difference for me.

Thanks Spatters! I know I'm on the right track, I think my patience is just wearing thin :) There just seems to not be enough hours in the day to swallow all of the liquids and Protein, but FOR SURE each day is a little better! Thank God! I am using CalorieCounter/FatSecret.com's app for tracking my food. I love it!

I tried an scrambled egg last night. It went down good, but about an hour later it wanted to come back up :( I will try again next week, because it tasted soooo darn good!

Today, I went to lunch with my co-workers for the first time post-op. Friday has always been Sushi Day! I did good :) Had part of a checken skewer, and a couple of peices of sashimi (no rice... which is probably what I miss most!) It was not bad at all. And everything seems to have settled in my tummy ok. YAY!

Oh thank you for posting this..I am day to day with my regrets...I am at a stall & sometimes I think wow...I am only eating a small amt of food(mushies at that) and this is all the weight I am going to lose....I can't believe I went through all this to wear a size 18 from a 22 .... And other days I am in my happy place.... The positives for me...my pain didn't last long, i had one day of bad gas...now since I have to, I am taking my needed Vitamins....

It seems as though i am gonna spend my life reheating food b/c I get full so quick...maybe it's b/c my tummy is still a little swollen, I don't know....

My emotions are all over the place....ahhhhh!!!!

Ok..back n my happy place!!!

I had my surgery on 2/7/2012 and I am back and forth all the time on my decision. Sure, I have lost 30 lbs in 4 1/2 weeks but I can't enjoy the same foods that my family is having. My husband and I work long hours so we used to go out to eat all the time. Now we go out and I have 2 bits of something and have to sit there and watch my family happy enjoy their food.

Also some of the women at work treat me differently. I feel like I can't Celebrate my sucess or I have to down play it to avoid making others feel bad or jealous. I feel really alone sometimes.

Eating and drinking is still hard. I am thirsty alll the time because can get enough in.

On the other hand, I can bend down and tie my shoes without holding my breathe. I can walk up 2 flights of stairs without stopping at each landing because I was huffing and puffing. I stopped snoring in my sleep. AND....I am no longer classified as morbidly obese. I am not at a point where I can say I love my sleeve...but I do loving that I feel healthier then I have been in 10 years.

Bluebonnet magnolia: totally understand the 'emotions all over the place'. Same here!! Just keep breathing and trying to relax. We'll settle down here at some point I'm sure!

E-girl: reading your post was like I was writing it myself. Exactly what I've been thinking. But we absolutely must keep our eyes on the prize. Stay focused. Just THINK what it will be like when we get to our goals. And by then be able to enjoy most any foods, just in smaller quantities than most people. And that's okay! We will have to adjust to the 'social' aspect of eating with family and friends, but we can do that. It's all in what we focus our minds on. When I focus on what foods I can't enjoy, and Lord there are many I've thought of this past week, I get depressed and down and grouchy! Or when I think "damn I can't even take my daughter out to lunch becuz I'd jut be sitting there twittling my thumbs!" that gets me a lil upset. So why do it? Why focus on that. Why not take her out and just chat and listen instead of getting lost in what i'm eating!? We MUST stay positive and think how much fun it's going to be as we near our goals!!!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!!!! We're gonna be so much healthier and such hot mommas!!!! Hang in there!!

P.S. E-girl: Celebrate YOUR SUCCESS HERE WITH US, YOUR VSG BUDDIES!!!! WE MAY BE COMPLETE TOTAL STRANGERS ;-) BUT SOMEHOW WE R KINDRED SPIRITS AND CONNECTED BY THIS SAME JOURNEY WE ARE ALL ON.

You are 1 week ahead of me post-op so I am excited to hear you've lost 30# in 4.5 weeks!!!! I am hopeful I can say the same thing in another week!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!! We are awesome!!! :-)

CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS THUS FAR!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER MONTH CHECKPOINT!!!!!!!

My sleeve date was this past Wed. and just bored and wondering how everyone is doing? I don't have any regrets but am counting down the days till I feel better. Every day its a new struggle. The worst had been the pain when drinking. The gas pains seem to have gone for now. So far the best part is I have yet to vomit and being a single mom its nice having my mom stay with me to take care of things.

I agree that everyday has its own new things. I had mine done on 02/28 and I am finally feeling back to normal. What is killing me is sneezing. I sneezed a few times today and man does it hurt. I have no regrets though.

What is killing me is sneezing. I sneezed a few times today and man does it hurt. I have no regrets though.

I sneezed 4 times in a row today, and for the first time NO PAIN! Wooohoooo!

I must agree with everyone regarding the emotional part of this 'journey'... remember that after a life of eating unlimited junk food, we just had our tummies chopped away. Perhaps the hardest decision and adventure we have ever taken on. There is no turning back now! We can do it!!!

I was sleeved 2/28 and am 10 days out so I am still on liquids. I am thrilled w the weight loss...but want to eat something....chew something so bad! My mouth waters when cooking dinner for my fam and don't even get me started on t.v. Commercials!

At first I was shocked at the pain and was wondering what the heck I did to myself but the pain is a lot better now!

Sleeve date 2/29 and the pain is finally gone. I am dying for food I know its a mental thing and cooking for my family is torture. I am sooooooooooo sick of Soup. Wednesday I see my NUT and will hopefully move to yogurt, pudding ect. but even with that soup will be my main meal. How is everyone else doing with the liquids. I can't wait to the mushy stage.< /p>