Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am SO comfortable with my sleeve. I have read that some people are scared or weary of restaurant dining. Not me!

I have been out to eat several times and have CONQUERED the menu everytime. Today, I went to lunch with a friend that I haven't seen since surgery. We went to eat at our fave Mex rest. I ordered a carnitas soft taco lunch combo. I ate the "guts" out of my soft taco, a couple small bites of rice and 2 chips dipped in salsa. I was Stuffed and satisfied. Saturday, I was in SF with some girlfriends and we ate at a rest. on the pier. I had the grilled mahi mahi tacos. Again, I ate only the inside of the tacos, tried one of my gf's garlic fries and another gf's crab dip. Full and satisfied!

The point I want to make is that it's OK to eat out. Don't feel like you need to seclude yourself at home, embarrased by how little you eat or not sure how to order your food. The conversation and time with loved ones will always trump your embarassment. I am comfortable and confident in my sleeve. I was sleeved so I can live again! I have been a professional dieter for so long (like many of you!) and I know how many calories are on a plate just by looking at it. I make sure to make healthy responsible decisions when I eat. I may have a nibble of the "bad stuff" but I don't dive in. That's the key.

Don't let your sleeve hinder your decisions on life, embrace it and let it guide you.

HTH!

Eating out has always been a big part of my life. So last week I had dinner with friends. I ordered salmon over spinach. I could only eat about 4 small bites of salmon. I chewed super slow......cut up a few more bites and played w my food while everyone else ate. Ate a little spinach. Didn't even miss not having wine.

I am with you on this one! Went to Chili's with hubby one time and got the baked potato Soup and just ate the soup and mashed the potatoes in it and ate that. Skipped the bacon bits and chives inside as they were a bit much on the new tummy. Then went to Outback one time and ordered quesadillas and ate the inside of one and was full. No one really said anything to me but I did notice the server was trying to stuff more food down my throat lol. Told him I just wasn't hungry.

Couldn't agree with you more! And I love being able to bring my leftovers home - I can usually get like 3-4 lunches out of it :D

I do like to go out. Finding out that I really don't care what the server thinks when I do't eay much. As my DH pointed out you don't owe them an explaination! The only place I avoid is fast food. Lovin life more every day!

sleeved 12-19-11

weight.png

When I go out, I order my food and a take out box right away. Then when the food comes I already know what I can eat, so I automatically put the "rest" into the take out box. . . simple, looks like you ate everything. . . you can even leave a bit over. . . LOL