Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's A Challenge, But I'm Happy!

So, this journey is challenging. There are the physical challenges and mental ones. But through it all, I am very happy. I feel like I can see myself changing for the better. Not just in the mirror but everyday in the way I think about like. I am able to push myself more, able to do more, able to see a brighter future. Thanks for all your support...I will probably complain to ya tomorrow. But, for now, I am very HAPPY!

Looking Good! You have just begun your transformation! More to Rock later! ;)

Great job! Your doing awesome keep it up. Can't wait to have my surgery. What would you say are some of the hardest challenges?

The hardest was, and is, head hunger. Its not that hard to exercise because you can feel how good those endorphin's work with your mood. Its not hard to eat small amounts because if you eat more you throw it up. Its not THAT hard to not have soda because once you try it (and you will try it once) it hurts like the dickens. So, dealing with the fact that they took your tummy, not your taste buds, is the hardest. Sometimes seeing or smelling something, nostalgia, hormones, and all kinds of triggers can make you want something you just shouldn't or CAN NOT have. What I learned to do is to have a nibble (and I mean a really tiny nibble) of whatever I want (within reason) and let it sit in my mouth...and just sit there tasting it for a while. Of course, that only works with things like Cookies or kool-aid. If I am craving tacos, I usually just go for spicy cheese. I can go on and on but I'm just saying that you figure out strategies and do your best to work your sleeve.

Ok...once UNEXPECTED challenge is having to actually be accountable for what you are putting in your body. It used to be, eat it, feel guilty, then forget it. Now if I eat something bad...IT HURTS ME. Like not just a full feeling and throwing up, but feeling lethargic, gassy, acidy, and having non stop hiccups for like an hour. So, it makes you mind what you eat and pay for not doing right. There are some things that , even if I am having a super craving for them, I just stay away from (the worst is BREAD!!!).

Yes, I agree 100% with everything you said! There's so much we learn in the process of all this, about food, eating, and emotions and why we eat! I am enjoying it most of the time myself, and it is so nice to finally take control of the situation and do something about it instead of sitting around crying and being depressed and feeling hopeless. It's not easy by any means for me, my body is holding on to every lb and every inch. But, I will not give up, because this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I love the sense of control over not running out and eating first then regretting it later and the Portion Control that the Sleeve gives us. I am thankful everyday for the Sleeve, the changes it's helping me make, and taking responsibility for my health.

:)