Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just took a nebulizer and an antibiotic.... I have asked for a leak test since I am scheduled to go home tomorrow.

I don't know if flying would be advisable with a fever. Have you asked your Dr. would it be okay with a fever? I would be concerned of other complications such as blood clots at this point being in such high elevation.

Insist on that leak test. Fever was the first symptom I had. You may have a leak and it not show on the test due to swelling. I believe mememe said she laid down and her leak showed up only then. Don't be afraid to make suggestions to find out if you have a leak. I personally don't think you should travel while you have that fever. The 101 temp is high, in my opinion. Make sure they check you thoroughly since you are out of country. Once you leave you will be on your own unless you have made arrangements for a doctor here in the US. Best of luck, prayers are going out to you!

Low-grade fever is common the first few days after surgery.

If you have not been taking deep breaths since your surgery and laying in bed a lot it is easy for Fluid to collect in your lungs and you can get an infection or a small pneumonia. This is common after surgery and that is why they want you up walking around. After some surgeries they give you a spirometer to breath into as they want your lungs to expand. You might not be taking deep breaths in hopes that you do not have any pain. I know that after surgery that if you take a deep breath or cough or sneeze this can cause you some discomfort. I am glad that they did a chest xray but since you are supposed to be heading home I would ask for a repeat of the leak test. Not sure if you are able to stay in the area for another day or 2. I know that i would not want to travel that far away from where I had the surgery if I was not feeling good. Keep at them until they do the test and if it is clear then maybe you just have a tough of chest congestion. And running a low grade fever after any surgery is not uncommon.

Ok so when they took the x-ray they said that I had "Atelectasis" and that my lungs weren't filling completely (hence the nebulizer and antibiotics). I have been walking and blowing balls every hour so not sure why this happened. I have to tell you that Dr. Aceves made me feel so good when I asked for another leak test, he said "absolutely no problem". He was not dismissive or upset because I asked him. He said "Why don't you stay until you feel better". He spoke openly to me about leaks and while he was very confident in his work, his true desire was to make me better and to go to great lengths to make sure I felt comfrotable before going home. Thank god I came here to Mexacali!

Definitely stay til you feel better! I think a low grade fever can happen post op but this lung thing concerns me. I'm glad he's taking precautions with you. I hope it turns out to be nothing and you have a very speedy recovery.

:)

Keeping you lifted in good spirits!! This too shall pass... And we all know you are in good hands.

Thanks to everyone for their help and insight. I just had another lead test done and it came back negative ;) I feel much better and look forward to returning home.

Hey just checking up on you to see how you're doing? Am home to my sister's place, my mom is here now and has made some beef broth which went down so much better than the stuff at the hospital. How's the fever? hope all is well...keep me up to date!

Thanks hon, nothing quite like care from moma, especially when you're a moma/gramma yourself - it's hard to let others take care of you for a change. I'm so glad for you that you have that support system!

I am doing better. No fever anymore however this morning after I took my antibiotic, I got woozy and almost passed out with slurred speech and all. had to lay down for about 30 min to catch my breath again... and now I feel like a new woman! Dr. Campos and Dr. Aceves have been excellent and I called my PCP to give me the clear to go home.

How do you feel?

I had a small fever for a couple of days. Doctor said it was normal. It was about 99 to 100.

Glad you will be able to go home and glad that you have spoken to your PCP back home. I hope that you feel better each day and that your trip back home is restful and you arrive safely.

I had a fever of 100 degrees at my 2 week checkup. Probably had it the whole 2 weeks. Never did figure out what it was.

Thanks again for all of your input! I feel so blessed and hope to be able to support you in the near future!