Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Advice 'ignores Body Changes'

How do you estimate the change in activity level? It is set at percentages, so it's hard to quantify?

There is a drop down menu with descriptions of exercise types, you chose one for your job, and one for your extra activities(gym and such)Go there and see for yourself! Its kind of fun to see what comes up for you! You have to scroll down the article a ways till you get to the highlighted link that leads you to the app. Then you have to approve a download of an applet thingie... it opens in a window and you fill in the blanks.

Yes, the inputs are for your starting activity. The right hand side allows you to adjust upward based on a percentage. So if I start as inactive on the left side, what constitutes a 100% increase in activity?

My chart says I should be eating 1964 cals a day at my current exercise routine to lose 28 pounds in 190 days.... (this is my original goal that I have not reached yet...) I have been eating less than this for the last 4 months and have been bouncing around in a 5 pound range that time... and am just below the low end of that 5 pound range at this time...hopefully heading DOWN. Today MFP says I can eat 1753 because of all the activity I have done today...Looks like I wont eat all that...at 1418 right now and not likely to eat it. But many days I would eat it all. On low activity days I would eat around 1300 or so. Here is my chart....

post-3718-13813665284066_thumb.png

Well, day 21 of 120 days to goal by following 730 cals a day and high energy output and .......... nada. zero, zilch. I have yet to lose any weight.

Well, day 21 of 120 days to goal by following 730 cals a day and high energy output and .......... nada. zero, zilch. I have yet to lose any weight.

How horribly frustrating! I'm not a doc, but I don't think you are eating enough....

Well, according to that model you made a screenshot of for me, 750 cals at moderate exercise would see me reaching my goal in 120 days.

Well, according to that model you made a screenshot of for me, 750 cals at moderate exercise would see me reaching my goal in 120 days.

Thats what it said alright.

Checking in: 5 weeks have now passed since I recommited myself to exercise and food monitoring, 3 weeks since I began focusing on strength training and IIFYM and I haven't lost a pound. I feel good when I exercise but I still can't run longer than 4 minutes at a stretch and have only advanced one notch's worth of weight on my weights machines. Only the subtlest of changes in the mirror, an ever so slight toning.

Of course I'm not stopping, of course I will persevere but, COME ON!! this sux.