Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Frustration!

Today is my two week po. I went into the dr on day 10 and had lost 8lbs. Of course dr said its all Water and such and not to expect that as a rule.

He said -3lb a week is the norm. And although my classmates in surgery same day (Same Dr all lost more than me).

So I follow his dietary instructions... Keep calories 700-1000 (I'm just barely getting the 700), and 60gram Protein (that's easy), 8 cups of Water (no problem) and under 100 carbs (not even coming close to half) and under 20g fat (max has been 11 so far) plus 30min walking daily.. I'm doing at least that and some days I use treadmill too.

I got frustrated end of last week so said only weigh in on weekly basis... Soooo here I am week two and I GAINED ONE POUND!!!

It's not period weight (not close enough) and not muscle as I haven't toned any muscles or used them enough to consider that per my nurses feedback on my gain after talking to her today.

Her really only thought was maybe I'm not eating enough? how would more food help?

I eat until I'm full and am tracking all calories and ingredients to a T with myfitnesspal, so I read it all to her for a few diff days and she says .. Well that's a puzzle.

I know one sameday classmate told me today she is down -26 and the other -22!!! Wtf??? They're both my size and although one is much younger they say we are basically eating the same and the one with the most loss says she only drinks maybe 2-3 cups of water a day.

I know we are ALL different... I'm not saying I must be where they are I'm only saying I wonder why I am not close? I want to be sure I'm not missing something obvious?

We text each other a lot and one is eating a lot more fat that me and than allowed and even eating candy and still -22 at two weeks!

Ughhhhhh just too frustrated! Losing super slow is depressing enough but A GAIN???? Omg!!!!

What the heck!!!!!!! :<

I have not been sleeved yet (on Friday), but as an expert dieter,I can tell you that the body is an odd, but miraculous, thing and typically I gain a little weight right before I drop, and I never drop steady, I drop in "chunks" of 2-3 pounds. Stick with it, it's all math. You could very well lose several pounds overnight. I do feel your frustration!

You may lose differently. You may have other requirements - maybe you need more Protein.< /p>

I wouldnt worry so much about what they say they have lost they could be telling an untruth especially the one eating the candy. Unless it is sugar free candy. Your body is prob in shock right now and maybe increase your walking an extra 10 min or more times a week. It will all work out in your favor so stay in courage and try not to care so much about how much they loose. Good Luck

I was 3 weeks out on last Sat. Since around week 2 I stalled for ten days and even gained 4 lbs. Thinks just started to shift.

I also know someone that has admitted to cheating more than a little,not even sugar free and still would say how she lost a lot. I been doing everything I feel by the book and that same thing happened to me.

A couple of people gave me great ideas. One.. make a graph of your weight. I use caloriecount.com just for the weight graph only , that will show you in time where your stalls are. It's like it will start to show you a pattern, a trend, your body has.

The other thing...someone else said imagine hilly slopes up and down.... Up you go, up a mountian and then you get to the top and slide.weeeeeeeeeeeee downn the other side. Some hills are high some are low. Well, your neighbor is on a different mountian, my friend now is stalling, I started to move. She is walking 3 miles a day, I am barely getting in 1. I know it is frustrating but you are comparing apples and oranges, really!!

I just wrote my rant last week on the dreaded stall, don't fall into it. Slow and steady you are more apt to have a healthier loss and maybe not so loose skin. who knows. Just keep your eye on YOUR prize. Just keep doing what your doing and before you know it you will be looking back saying wow. look how far I have come. :)

Thanks all! I just had to vent and having nobody that has gone through this to talk to its rough so it ends up here with people that understand!

I'm not feeling regret or like I'm failing, but wondered what I'm doing wrong but when I lay it all out.... There is Nothing! Really... I'm doing as dr says so I'm sure it'll all work out the way I hope it will.

I'm enjoying learning new goods that are god for me and the family! And I do feel better everyday.

Just gotta stay positive right? :-)

Thanks all! I just had to vent and having nobody that has gone through this to talk to its rough so it ends up here with people that understand!

I'm not feeling regret or like I'm failing, but wondered what I'm doing wrong but when I lay it all out.... There is Nothing! Really... I'm doing as dr says so I'm sure it'll all work out the way I hope it will.

I'm enjoying learning new goods that are god for me and the family! And I do feel better everyday.

Just gotta stay positive right? :-)

exactly - you're doing your body RIGHT! Our bodies have gotten so used to us treating them so badly, they kinda go into shock! who could blame them?! lol

I would too if someone was treating me like something you scrape off your shoes and then all of a sudden cut the crap outta me and then started handling me with kid gloves and giving me what I need :)

You just have to stay positive! ((HUGS)) The same thing happened to me but at 1 1/2 weeks out! I gained 2 pounds and then stalled. It was horrible and lasted for a lil more than a week. Then I started losing again. I am losing slow but steady now. Just try to stay clam and be patient and remember that the weight WILL come off. I remember someone on this site saying a very true statement: That at some point,we all think we are the one that this surgery is not going to work for,that we will be the ONE to fail. But it WILL work,just keep doing what you know is right as far as eating,liquids,protein and walking. Also,getting the right amount of sleep is somewhat crucial as well. Let's look forward to the next week as you will probably be losing again by then! =)