Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question About Side Pain

I just had my sleeve done last Tuesday. I have been having pain to right of my port all day long. It is very sore and hurts when I walk, breathe, etc. I am not sure if it is normal or if I have pulled something or if I should worry. Any suggestions on what it may be?

Ok I'm guessing only here..... But for me nobody told me they have to cut through that side muscle to get to the stomach! My GUESS is that's what you're dealing with.

I was in so much pain and making THR mistake of icing it,(not knowing what it was), that I need up back in the hospital on day 4, only to have my surgeon tell me it's the muscle healing and the stiches make it swell. So use HEAT!!!!

Ughhhhhh I guess it wasn't an alien baby popping outta my side!!!!!:-)

Honestly for me, it still hurts when I cough, sneeze, bend and sit to upright now even at day 7 po.

So do check it out of you feel it's anything else but I'm gonna guess a high percentage I'm right.

Please take it easy and use a heating pad!!! It'll heal but as with a muscle, it'll take a while.

Good luck with your journey:-)

No advice but hoping you're feeling better. Did you figure out what it was? I would not hesitate to call the doctor though. Better safe than sorry!!

There is another topic regarding this going on. My pain in on my left side but sometimes I feel it in my back. What most of the people on the other topic said was their physicians thought they might be over doing it. I walked alot last Friday and Saturday, I could hardly stand up and it hurt to breathe. That's when I came across the topic. Since, I have used a heat patch, stayed off of the stairs and have been taking it easier...And, I do feel better.

I had the pain before and it was much worse. Then I was pain free for a week and then did all that walking and it came back but milder.

No advice but hoping you're feeling better. Did you figure out what it was? I would not hesitate to call the doctor though. Better safe than sorry!!

Yes I am feeling better, thank you! The heating pad really helps. I haven't overdone anything because I don't want to hurt myself. I am supposed to go back to work next week and I am trying to get my rest before then. :D