Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery March 1st 2011 starting at 267 pounds. So I should be about 100 pounds down right? Well I'm not! I am so disappointed in myself! I got a job at McDonald's so that doesn't help! Living the college life of late night snacking and stress eating. I have even started gaining weight back! I believe im streching out my stomach;(. Please don't make the same mistakes I have made. Stick with it! If anyone knows ANYTHING that could help me please leave a comment. A trick or a tip that could get me into the same pattern as before. Any advice will help.

I for sure do not want to sound mean at all I'm trying to help. If McDonald's seems to be a problem for you, you should not be working there. There's always something else I know how trying times are now being a college student myself and working, plus I have a kid. If you really want this you can change things I know it's hard, but it'll be better in the end! Are you still tracking your food? If not you should start again it'll help you stay away from snacking. For stressful times, try doing something else besides first going to food. You might even want to try to write down how you are feeling and why you're stressed. Just getting things out in any form could help destress you!

Hope any of this helped!

Congrats on any loss you've had so far, you can get right back on track!

There is NO WAY I could possibly work at McD's after WLS. I love the fish sandwich way way way too much. Hell, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that a fried fish sandwich doesn't count as a 'soft' food! LOL

Are you tracking your intake? Calories, Protein, Water? If not, I encourage you to do so. I also encourage you to look at when you are stress eating. If you know what situations cause you to eat you can take steps to be prepared beforehand. If you have to work at McDonald's, okay, but you don't have to eat there. Bring Protein and healthy food from home. Are you exercising? Walking, at least? Weightlifting will build muscle mass and that will help increase your metabolism so that you can eat more and still lose weight.

I encourage you to make these changes now. You had surgery to change your relationship to food and you sound young. Please do not let this time slip away and end up fat and fifty-six, wishing that I could have had surgery when I was younger. Keep posting your struggles and we will help you.

I'd also suggest posting more here. I find the support and information here so valuable. There are many people here who struggle and many who are really successful too. There is so much to learn even after surgery.

I haven't tracked my food in a while because I thought since I got the surgery again whatever I want and still loose weight. I was wrong! I had the wrong mind set. At first I was in control of everything! Drinking Protein Shakes daily and eating high Protein goods and eating in the appropriate servings. I guess I got cocky and look where it's gotten me. I use to go to the gym a few days a week but the last 2 weeks I haven't because I'm trying to get caught up on school work. I work and go to school full time so I'm always busy and always stressing. I heard of the pouch test so I might do that starting Monday because I need to change before all the hard work I put into this goes to waste!

Just out of curiosity how much weight are you down?

I work at Cracker Barrel as a waitress. When I started working there years ago I struggled with all of the food. I'm sure fast food is different for it might be more available to you. For me I would have to take a scheduled break or eat after or before my shift.

First for me anyway , after working with the same food all the time I am tired of it. It's like working in a donut shop or pizza place, after awhile you might eat it out of conveniece but it is not what you crave. Try to ask yourself if you really want it or is it the idea it is front of you. Bring your lunch, suck on a mint, drink lots of Water. Come prepared.

Also something that really helped me especially on pre op clear liquid diet was I did not say to myself, "oh that looks good" I said ewwwwww, that is not going to help me. I believe working in the food industry that it is more mindless eating, if you do crave it you know it is the bad carbs your addicted to. Start off treating yourself to something somewhere else. Once you break the habot of MC"D"S food amd swear it off then you can concentrate on starting to make better food choices. Right now your like an alcoholic working in a bar. It doesn't work. Your mindset has to change totally or definitly get a new job.

You seem to be answering your own questions. You didn't do what you should have, and you did many wrong things.

Start over - act as if you had the surgery last week. Get back onto full lliquids for a week or so, low carb and while you are on that get used to keeping a food log. Go to mushies, etc and simply make all the right choices.

Deal with your stress and refuse to eat unless you are physically hungry. Look for another job in the meantime.

EXERCIZE

BTW - many U's have resources like counceling available for students. It could possibly help with the stress.

Good luck.

PS - I suggest you quit fast food cold turkey and don't look back. The chemicals, fats and salts in those foods "rewire" our brains similarly to some drugs, you will crave them for no real reason, and they are unhealthy, overly processed foods.

P.S.

KNow you can do this. It is not to late. Your obviously ready somewhat or it would not even bother you. Wish you the best with it. :)

Im 72 pounds down. And at this moment right now I can't quit my job. I just got it and that's how I support myself. I am putting in other applications to other places so we'll see how that goes. I really do thank you guys for the advice I need to get my ass in gear! Monday I will be doing the pouch test. I have been looking on YouTube about it and from what they say it really works. They feel like they did when they first had the surgery. Thanks again!

Hey there. Don't give up! I heard that many sleeve patients lose like another 10-15 % additional weight in the SECOND YEAR too! You still may be able to hit that 100 pound goal. I agree that working at McDonald's after having the sleeve is like an alcoholic working in a bar. I understand you can't quit. Try to eat something before work like some of the other people have said so you are full and not tempted to eat there. I don't even know anything I would eat at McDonald's except maybe the oatmeal and I'm not even sure i would eat that. Good luck girl!

Just remember, even at McDonalds, you can eat healthy. Stick with the grilled chicken, the salads and the apple slices. You CAN do this - you recognized the issue, now you just have to tackle it!

You can do this, just take one day at a time and if you have to start from all over with just liquids then mush and then food. You have come to far to let this set-back get you. I have to ask myself do I need this food or do I crave this food and why. It doesn't always work but I am starting to make good choices about the food I'm eating.

We are here for you and only want the best for you. :)

Will keep you in my prayers.