Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone For Good Club- August 2006

See...

Tricia and I are here.

Let the party begin.:humble:

:cheer2: :P:) :Banane52: :Banane41: :Banane30: :rose: :Banane59: :not_ripe: :Banane29: :Banane40: :Banane51: :P :Banane08: :Banane31: :Banane17: :rose: :Banane27: :Banane40: :Banane48: :Banane47: :Banane36: :Banane57: :Banane45: :Banane40: :Banane34:

Trails in late....

C 225.5 (-81.5lbs total, -5 this week)

Move me up on the honors!

And here's an NSV to go with it:

The last time I weighed this much, I was 16 years old.

Oh and Paul - how do I do this bandless? Simple, I'm not. If I didn't have the wife's band to keep me in check, I doubt I would have made it this far. I think I'm now getting closer to being strong in my own right but I am so aware that one tiny slip and I could be right back where I was.

Now if I could just follow the exercise fiends example and haul my butt to the gym I could even call myself.... fit.

Laugh.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been so absent lately - working lots and gaining weight! I started my pre-op diet Monday and have had great results. Something about impending surgery keeps me focused. Anyway, I had gained up to 270 and since Monday on a low carb plan, have lost 9 lbs. I'm delighted with this even though I'm sure it's mostly Water (I've been peeing like a thoroughbred)! Anyway with this success I'm hoping to have lost 15 lbs by surgery day. I'm doing a 2 day elective (the doc only requires me to do 1 day) liquid diet pre-op so I'm hoping that kicks the loss up by a few lbs....

Anyway, I'm getting really excited and looking forward to being healthier, having a more active lifestyle and much better clothes! Surgery is next Thursday - less than a week away and I can't believe it's really going to happen. I'm kind of in a "shock and awe" frame of mind. Also my niece is getting married in November so I've got that as a goal to help keep me focused!

I am just so delighted and excited and I love the support that is offered here! Everyone is wonderful!

Thanks so much!

Andy Liz

Hiya Andy.. or is it Liz? hehe

It was good to hear from you. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. It is amazing how the upcoming surgery gets us in the "shock and awe" frame of mind. I went thru bouts of dancing around the house with pure joy and excitement, to bawling my eyes out over the thought of giving up my only comfort in life, food. Bah! I look back on that now and laugh. I didn't give up anything... I was set free!! Would I take back my near 90 pound loss in exchange for all of those foods I used to find comfort in? Helllll no! *laughs*

Next Thursday huh? I'll be thinking about ya. Get prepared for the ride of your life girlfriend! You're going to be amazed at the changes that are in store for you. *big hugs*

Checking in matey's! Missed everyone but had a great break from the internet world. Didn't lose much but if you count in the gains and losses alltogether .. (same 5lbs) then i lost alot ...lol.

Anywho... I'm back

Check in

165lbs, 30lbs to go!!!!!

Oh yeah and hair is still falling out, clogging my drains... but I am happy for the weight loss either way.

Oh yeah I was getting bloodwork done and i needed approx 10 vials of blood.. so I ask what all they were checking for.. the Phlebotomist *spelling* stated that they were testing me for testerone, thyroid and other things. I said that I lost alot of weight in 4 months and my hair is falling out, the dermatologist wanted to know why. She asked if I had weight loss surgery. I confessed :( She couldn't believe that I did and I showed her my scars. She called her co-worker over to ask me questions as she was having Gastric Bypass surgery in November. She only weighed 240lbs, where I started. She stated that Dr. Kim was giving Lap Band surgeries now for 5k? Can anyone vouch for this? I'm very curious.

PNut--

I'm slippin' bad!! Going for a fill on Tuesday and I guess I'm enjoying food a bit too much b4 the dreaded round of liquids and mushies.

I'm gonna avoid the scale the next few days. That's one way to handle phantom pounds. (not easy tho--I'm a weigh-in junkie)

Har!

New diet tip.

Have all of your Wisdom teeth pulled. THe lack of desire to eat anything is amazing.

Ow Ow FRICKIN Ow!

Get me the tooth fairy. Stat.

Ah forgot you were having those darn things pulled Dawg - ouch is right! Gosh I remember that well - I even woke up 'in the middle of' him pulling the last one out - it wasn't pretty..........but heck -5 lbs ain't so bad! lol hang in there and congrats on the total weight loss! You've done awesome!

(waves to Telly - hey girl, good to see ya!)

Mwah! Welcome back. :hug: :love: Congrats on hitting 165! :Banane27:

Checking in matey's! Missed everyone but had a great break from the internet world. Didn't lose much but if you count in the gains and losses alltogether .. (same 5lbs) then i lost alot ...lol.

Anywho... I'm back

Check in

165lbs, 30lbs to go!!!!!

Oh yeah and hair is still falling out, clogging my drains... but I am happy for the weight loss either way.

Oh yeah I was getting bloodwork done and i needed approx 10 vials of blood.. so I ask what all they were checking for.. the Phlebotomist *spelling* stated that they were testing me for testerone, thyroid and other things. I said that I lost alot of weight in 4 months and my hair is falling out, the dermatologist wanted to know why. She asked if I had weight loss surgery. I confessed :lol: She couldn't believe that I did and I showed her my scars. She called her co-worker over to ask me questions as she was having Gastric Bypass surgery in November. She only weighed 240lbs, where I started. She stated that Dr. Kim was giving Lap Band surgeries now for 5k? Can anyone vouch for this? I'm very curious.

This week: 210 (-2 in 2 weeks)

It's taken me two months to lose 10 pounds, but I'm still plugging away :Banane27:

Hiya Jill! Two months to lose 10 pounds. shake up the routine a bit. Re-examine what youre eating and drinking. I know that its been slow going for me over the last couple of months, primarily to my discovery of wine *drools* I'm trying to limit the consumption of this wonderful gift from the gods to weekends only and it seems to be working. The scale is finally letting go and moving again. Hmmm.. maybe there is something to that saying.. "all things in moderation" :Banane27: Naaahhh.. *giggles*