Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soooo, Anyone Else Feeling Cold Much Of The Time?

I have been having a hard time staying warm, anyone else?

I'm happy with my progress, but haven't dropped as much weight as some. I am surprised by how cold I am. At night I am sleeping in thermal pajamas, and a thick zip up jacket, socks, two blankets, and a heating pad for feet. We keep the house at 66 - 68 degrees at night.

Also, my blood pressure is kind of low, usually around 100/70 or so but that is not really unusual for me. I had really good blood pressure before surgery.

Does the feeling cold go away as I adjust? Brrrrr!

I'M ALWAYS COLD.

I'm cold and have lower blood pressure, too. I'm not sure what that is - my doctor didn't seem worried when I mentioned it to him.

The cold part I had really bad for the first 2 months after surgery. It seems to have gotten better as before I had to sit around with a blanket at night and the heat higher than normal. As for the blood pressure being lower that is natural as you are losing weight, may not be drinking enough fluids and are possibly eating foods that are lower in salt content than you were before your surgery. Unless you are passing out and getting light headed everytime you get up than I would say that you pressure is doing fine. I have gotten off one of my blood pressure medications as my pressure has come down. With more weight loss I hope to get off the other one and not take any blood pressure medicaitons at all.

Yeah, I'm definitely more cold these days.

Freezing! I've had to start layering my clothes. Today I'm wearing a t shirt, a sweatshirt, thermal pants, slippers and socks. Soo cold and cant seem to get warm!

I am freezing all the time too!! I normally am warm, sleeping in a tshirt, but these days I am sleeping in sweats, socks, etc.

YES I am always freezing my butt,before surgery I was never cold lol Not that I am complaining :) I take the cold over the 58 lbs that i had extra LOL

Yep, I am always cold and I'm more than a year out. It doesn't seem to be any better than it was right after surgery either. Good thing layers dont add a ton of bulk anymore =)

Freezin' all the time here too. We've had a lot of discussion about this on other threads, do a search and you'll get more info.

YUP! Hubby bought me several pairs of wool leggins and I wear them constantly when home. He also got me several layers of school socks that are heavy cotton so I can be warm at work. And a heated matress pad! The matress pad is awesome. I never dreamed I would need such things in HOUSTON.

We have extra blankets that never leave the living room, just in case.

I wear my hubby's gear from Alaska alot. North Face, North Face, North Face.

Cold and lower blood pressure (which is bad cause I already have slightly low BP) here too! Still don't miss the pounds lol and canNOT wait till summer :)

Yup...lost my fat blanket and now my feet and hands get cold all the time...even my nose...like a puppy....a formerly heavier puppy

Summer should be great this year - we are in Dallas, and it gets kind of warm here. I've never let the weather stop me from enjoying the outdoors, but this year should be a lot more comfortable.

This is definitely a nice perk of the surgery.

Rootman - I thought there was another thread on this, and then I couldn't find it (looked a few days ago). My searcher must have been broken - or maybe frozen!