Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scared of complications keeping me from graduating. I'm having this done during my spring break. I'm in my final semester of nursing school and it should have been done last year, but I was having a lot of issues with my previous surgeon that I had to switch. So that is my biggest fear, not the surgery itself. I'm looking forward to it actually :wub: just not the unknown, as Suzannesh stated.

this is just what i need to read!

my surgery is tomorrow and i'm so ready!

thank's for being so possitive and nice

Well, by now you have had your surgery. You are on your way to changing your entire life. Keep me posted and if there is anything I can help you with let me know.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I'm scared of complications keeping me from graduating. I'm having this done during my spring break. I'm in my final semester of nursing school and it should have been done last year, but I was having a lot of issues with my previous surgeon that I had to switch. So that is my biggest fear, not the surgery itself. I'm looking forward to it actually :wub: just not the unknown, as Suzannesh stated.

Hi,

First of all you are going to sail through this. I promise you that you will not miss any school because you are smart and brave enough to have this surgery. I am just an E-mail away, and if there is anything I can help you with please let me know. I have been down this road ahead of you and have a lot of good answers for anything you might need or want to talk about.

Congats on going to Nursing School. You will never regret having this surgery, you entire life is going to change.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I agree with you cherrytree15, I have type 2 diabetes and insulin dependent, high blood pressure, high colesterol and sleep apnea. My legs and feet hurt all the time. I just want to be healthy and be here for many more years to enjoy the great life that I have with my husband that I waited so many years to meet. The looking good part is just the icing on the cake. I go to my information seminar March 10th so I am just getting started. I've been reading up on this for about 8 months and wish I could get it done tomorrow. I wish you and everyone here good luck. Looking forward to starting my journey.

Suzanne, you do seem to talk as though you are right here telling us your story. It's nice to have people like you here to easy our minds and give us support. Kuddo's to you!!!! ;)

Awww thanks. I know how very important these boards are and the support I received was amazing. I just want you to know even if you have to wait, the wait is worth all you waited for. I just knew that my insurance was NEVER going to pay for my weight loss surgery. I was lucky enough to have some money so I was a self pay and went to Dr. Aceves after checking him out for 6b months. I am soooooooooo glad now that my insurance DIDN'T pay for it because I would have never had the kind of care I received from Dr. Aceves and his staff. The medical treatment that you receive in the US is OK, but this was soooooo far ABOVE OK.

I am always here if you have any questions or just want to talk. I am glad you enjoy my posts. Hug and hang in there. Each day you are getting closer. Promise you will NEVER have a lapband--they are not safe and so many people end up with probelms and end up having it removed--go for the Sleeve. You will regret having a lapband if that is what you are thinking about.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne, I am going for the sleeve. I wouldn't do any other surgery. I appreciate you being here if I have any questions or worries. I will definitely be talking more with you as time goes by. I can't wait to hear how everyone's surgery goes. Please keep us posted. Wishing you all a speedy recovery!!

Well, by now you have had your surgery. You are on your way to changing your entire life. Keep me posted and if there is anything I can help you with let me know.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thank you!

yes i'm sleeved and it feels good

i'm in a lil of pain but no nausea anymore yay!

Okay, so I am getting all nervous again. :unsure: . I guess I'm up and down like a yo yo...but the time is nearing. Suzanne, thank you for responding and I will definitely be reaching out. 17 days and counting....wow time is flying.

Thank you!

yes i'm sleeved and it feels good

i'm in a lil of pain but no nausea anymore yay!

Hi, Great to see you respond. Each day it get better. Remember when you go home that the 1st month is the hardest month that you will ever have to do. It is only 30 days and that isn't forever. You can do anything for 30 days. I am right here if you need anythig or have questions.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hi,

First of all you are going to sail through this. I promise you that you will not miss any school because you are smart and brave enough to have this surgery. I am just an E-mail away, and if there is anything I can help you with please let me know. I have been down this road ahead of you and have a lot of good answers for anything you might need or want to talk about.

Congats on going to Nursing School. You will never regret having this surgery, you entire life is going to change.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thank you so much for your support. Your words really are powerful like everyone has said. I felt really calm once I read them. I will be reaching out ot you as well through my journey.

Allie, CONGRATS!! I'm right behind you!

Hi, Great to see you respond. Each day it get better. Remember when you go home that the 1st month is the hardest month that you will ever have to do. It is only 30 days and that isn't forever. You can do anything for 30 days. I am right here if you need anythig or have questions.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thank's i'm much better today without the drain i can move more and be confy!

I am getting sleeved on 3/14/2012. I think the only fear is the stories I hear of people having problems swallowing and "Dumping syndrome" I could deal with just about anything, even the heartburn but I have heard some horror stories on the eating things to fast or not chewed enough and it causes such discomfort that last a long while. I hate that feeling!

I am getting sleeved on 3/14/2012. I think the only fear is the stories I hear of people having problems swallowing and "Dumping syndrome" I could deal with just about anything, even the heartburn but I have heard some horror stories on the eating things to fast or not chewed enough and it causes such discomfort that last a long while. I hate that feeling!

Hi, With a sleeve you really do not have "dumping syndrome" The swallowing is because they are not taking tiny baby bites and chewing is 20 to 30 times so it is like a liquid before they swallow. The was the hardest thing I had to relearn. For your entire life you have shoveled the food in your mouth chewed it about two times and swallowed. That will have to change. It doesn't stay stuck for a long time. Just put your fork down for a few minutes and you will feel the food going down. The next bite, chew and chew and chew.

Heartburn or acid reflux can be controlled really easy. Nexium DID NOT work that well for me, so I use Prilosec 2 times a day and I have no problems. So I hear all the things you are saying, but there are some pretty easy fixes to the things that scare you.

I am always here if you have any questions. Good luck on your surgery and you will do just fine.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thank's i'm much better today without the drain i can move more and be confy!

Hi Allie,

Remember I keep saying that the 1st month that you do will be the hardest month you will EVER have to do. It is not a lifetime, and it is only 30 days. I am always out here if you have any questions or just want to talk.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I love your post, it was so uplifting! Personally, I'm not afraid of surgery or even the changes that will come after it. I am, however, terrified that I will fail and that I will have put myself into an economic hole for several years for nothing. I make decent money and I have a good, if not extravagent, life. Luckily insurance does cover part of my surgery, but what I will owe will take several years for me to pay off. This surgery is getting my savings that would have gone to buying a house.

Yet...it's worth it. I'm worth it. Since I'm so scared of 'wasteing' all this money, I'm using those feelings instead of allowing them to use me. I'm trying to be proactive now in pre-op, to better prepare myself for life after surgery. The number of books, blogs, and websites I've read are a bit shocking. I'm really glad that I came across this blog, as it reiterates that we can rock our sleeves and keep the weight off! Thank you!

lol iv posted a comment that is not related in this topic lol , anyway....... gr8 topic keep on , am watching carefully :)