Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did u have surgery for?

Thanks Suzanne for your looooonnnnngggg post! :D

I have done alot of research and watched this site and read these stories for some time before I actually joined in. I picked up some new items from your post and am grateful for that.

I am encouraged by you and your age. Since I am 50, have diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea I am preparing myself that it may take me a little longer to heal then it would have 10 years ago, but that if I am patient and follow my doctor's orders to the T it will be a success.

I am very confident in my surgeon and even more so after reading your post because nearly every point you made he or his staff have covered with me.

My process moved alot quicker then even I expected it to. I went to my seminar on January 16 and started my Pre-Op diet on February 24 and my surgery date is March 5. I have excellent insurance who did not require me to jump through hoops but they do require I pay a portion of the hosptial's fees for the surgery. So even today I was struggling with should I put my portion of the surgery cost on a credit card or postpone my surgery until I had the cash to cover it. So one of the best things you said (for me anyways) was....."You know we never think twice about making car payments. If you have to borrow the money for this surgery just look at this as “body payment.” That is so true, this is an investment in the rest of my life and therefore putting my portion on my credit card is so worth it!! Only the Lord knows how many dinners I have paid for with a credit card doing the social thing! :rolleyes:

God bless you and I hope that we become friends during our journeys!

Awww you don't know how good reading your post made me feel. You said such nice things about me and I truly appreciate them.

And I loved it that you "GOT IT" about making body payments. Geez you are worth every dime you are going to spend to become healthy and thin, and happy. One down side you have to get rid of all your "fat clothes" and buy all new clothes. DO NOT save these clothes--only on pair of pants so you can always go back and look at them and see just how far you have come.

I am here cheering you on every step of the way. You know us "old" people need to stick together. Thanks for all your compliments. Every time I get something back like you wrote, I know it has been worth my effort to keep telling people over and over that yes, they can do this too and be successful.

Hugs,

Suzanne

how long did u have surgery for?

Hi,

Are you asking how long it took for my surgery? If that is you question it lasted about 2 hours I beleive.

If you are asking how long ago did I have sleeve surgery that was 3 1/2 years ago.

Suzanne

Hi,

Are you asking how long it took for my surgery? If that is you question it lasted about 2 hours I beleive.

If you are asking how long ago did I have sleeve surgery that was 3 1/2 years ago.

Suzanne

wow thats too long, can u eat like before since it passed 3.5 years

wow thats too long, can u eat like before since it passed 3.5 years

I had surgery 3 1/2 years ago. NO, I eat small amounts of food. I can eat almost anything I want, but only small amounts of it. That is how I lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. I never feel deprived at all. Having the weight loss surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I will never be able to eat large amounts of food because I only have 15% of the stomach that I used to. The was the purpose of having sleeve surgery,change the amount of food you eat.

Suzanne