Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Sleeve Post Op Update

Had my sleeve monday 2-13, and I am not gonna lie, for me The first day home was hell. Breathing right helps but dries your mouth out so Chapstick has become my best friend!;-)

The walking and having someone rub my back in circles helped with burping and I burped like nothing I've ever heard. But u must get out the gas the put in you!!!

I went home tuesday and was to be on Water only until wed. The pain of any liquids, even my two teaspoons of liquid pain meds hurt so incredibly bad. I didnt get much Water down. Walk walk walk as much as u can and don't forget to use your breathing apparatus they gave you! And cough after using it to expel that crap from your lungs. I found I could burp better too after doing my breathing.

The burping causes a type of hiccup that is so painful. So having a pillow or rolled towel on the abdomen before burping helped so much.

I've kept an ice pack on my stomach almost always since surgery and that's so helpful too. One of my larger incisions hurts worse (I was told prior it would), so ice on that is a blessing.

I got scar cream from my dr so have applied that as often as needed and the incisions look pretty good outside of the brusing.

Day two I was able to get in some of my Isopure liquid Protein, which was great. Small sips ohhhhh I mean small as if you barely have a half a teaspoon. For me it helped if I kept the liquid in my mouth a few seconds to warm it up.

That afternoon I had chicken broth... It wa delicious and again I had to take super small sips out of a coffee mug, but it still hurt so bad going down and once there.

The fizzing and gurgling sounds are loud and very uncomfortable. I'm told it's the "pop rocks" phase. I just take a deep breath and breath slow everytime I feel the contraction pain when liquids hit my stomach.

sleeping is tricky, u hate being on your back too much and sitting in my recliner seemed to put too much pressure on my neck and stomach so I propped up a bunch of pillows and I'm slightly on my left side. Can't even bare to sleep on my right side yet.

Yeaterday also started acid reflux, and I didn't know peppermint tea would get rid of the acid so didn't have any on hand, so for a quick relief my nurse said melt a cough drop in half a cup of warm water for the same effects and boy that helped a lot. felt so good in my throat. Also she suggested sugar free honey cough drops to suck on and that's been a huge blessing for the soreness in my espohogus.

So here we are day three, I tried beef broth today. I Strained a beef Soup can It's so yummy! Still hurts so bad but I just have to remember smaller sips and breathing right while it's processing.

I feel like I'm hungry but I'm sure it's the pain and the gas that's tricking my mind.

I have no weight loss but again my nurse says that's from has and iv fluids and such. I'm not worried about it yet though anyway.

It's a rough tearful process but I see very small improvements daily so I focus on that. I am in a lot of pain in my stomach still but I know eventually it'll get better.

I'm blessed with an amazing husband that took the week off for me. So having him motivate me to walk, sit up, take meds, drinks. (ya everything) is what I need!

Good luck to all on this journey and if you're doing better than me congrats and if worse than me, hang in there and reach out for support. Use the myfitnesspal app. It's really wonderful. If u do I'm on there as "browndes". Let's share in our journey;-)

Blessings to all<3

Thank you for posting that. It's helpful to hear the truth even if its not all great. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you! It's not pretty or good but it's my journey and I still don't regret it! So going in open eyes of possibilities can't hurt! Everyone is dif and some may breeze thru (god love them), but for me I needed to know it all. So I'm gladly willing to give back. I know it's a long process and. Any wait to start enjoying my decision. It'll happen... Thanks for your kind words;-)

I'm a week ahead of you and I can't believe what a difference each day makes. I went to work today for 5 hrs. It was so good for me. I'm starting to feel normal. My biggest problem is getting in my Isopure. I think tomorrow, I'll start the EAS Protein drinks. I ate lentil Soup today from Togo's. I mashed everything up real good with my teeth. I'm not suppose to start this type of soup for another week, but I just felt so weak cause I'm not getting enough calories.

So hang in there. You'll feel better every day.