Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Want To Be My Valentine?

is it just me or does being single for Valentines day SERIOUSLY SUCK?!?!?!?!?!? LOL

Honey, I broke up with my fiance last February! A few days before Valentines! I had a broken heart for months and months-- then I decided to change my life and I got the sleeve in August. Now I am seeing an amazing guy and beating guys off with sticks-- lol j/k... kind of. Love yourself this Valentines day and you will find the person of your dreams soon enough!!!! :wub:

Oh it does suck! I plan on not being single next year! lol.

I wouldn't say it sucks for me... I'm blessed to have a few "brothers" who always do sweet things for me... I call it singles Awareness Day!! I don't like the pressure of holidays... heck, we should be good to each other each day!!

This is my 9th Valentines alone (not that the ones before that were anything to brag about) and while I would rather be alone than with him-It does suck! I am the designated babysitter so my kids can go out with their spouses. I'm glad that Ms Steel has found someone. She's so cute. But at my age the single guys are all either bald or want me to support them!!

Really tho-and kind of Off Topic. I worry about meeting someone (after I lose weight of course) and having all that loose skin (under my shapewear) I have seen after pictures from some of the surgerys and they almost look worse than the before! Or having all those scars from the WLS and/or the Cosmetic sugery.

Plus that fact I have barely talked to another man, outside of business, in almost 40 years!

Oh the dilemma's I'll have to face when I look fantastic! :embaressed_smile:

This is my 9th Valentines alone (not that the ones before that were anything to brag about) and while I would rather be alone than with him-It does suck! I am the designated babysitter so my kids can go out with their spouses. I'm glad that Ms Steel has found someone. She's so cute. But at my age the single guys are all either bald or want me to support them!!

Really tho-and kind of Off Topic. I worry about meeting someone (after I lose weight of course) and having all that loose skin (under my shapewear) I have seen after pictures from some of the surgerys and they almost look worse than the before! Or having all those scars from the WLS and/or the Cosmetic sugery.

Plus that fact I have barely talked to another man, outside of business, in almost 40 years!

Oh the dilemma's I'll have to face when I look fantastic! :embaressed_smile:

Debi I thought you were like 35!!!! Thats how old you look in your pic!

Thanks-I have heard that being overweight keeps the wrinkles from showing-at least on your face.

I'll probably look like I'm 100 when my face gets sagging. Saving up for a face lift first thing!!

But at my age the single guys are all either bald or want me to support them!!

I like bald guys! :-) Full disclosure: my husband shaves his head, and I think Sean Connery is sexy. LOL

I like bald guys! :-) Full disclosure: my husband shaves his head, and I think Sean Connery is sexy. LOL

LOL!!! High five!!! :-)

is it just me or does being single for Valentines day SERIOUSLY SUCK?!?!?!?!?!? LOL

Turn that around, if you are single, which I was many years after a divorce, a freind shared with me what she would do. She planned that day to go all out and pamper herself. Nails, toes, facial, nice outfit, anything that you usually might not do all at once. I started doing that say the last 5 years before I remarried and I must say it helped me alot. Not only to pamper myself but you can have 1 of 2 attitudes, you can sit around and say this sucks b/c I am not sharing it with someone or 2 you can show yourself some much needed love and selfworth. It does not have to be the things I said but things that are meaningful for you. You deserve it and are worth it.

Go out on a limb.... I did all those things, got dolled up and went out and would find something fun to do. There are a lot of singles feeling the same way you are.

P.S. for the record, you do not need someone, to complete you, it might be fun, but until then love yourself!!!! YOU ARE SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Valentine's day - I think the thing that sucks is seeing all the ladies in the office getting nice floral arrangements from their hubbys, and knowing that I won't be getting jack.

P.S. I love me, but it would be nice to be appreciated/admired by someone else.

LINDAS-I retract my statement, I actually think totally bald guys are uber sexy. What I should have said is "Guys with combovers"

And in reality if the guy treated me decent, I wouldn't care how much hair he had!!

Too bad we don't all live close-We could go out to dinner together for Valentines and share 1 meal!!!!

I'm married, most of the time it's happily. LOL!

However, I've never been one to get into Valentine's Day. It's just not a big deal to me.

I LOVE the idea of taking the day to pamper yourself though.

oh ladies how i love thee!!!!

you all are amazing.. and honestly who needs a man when you have VST!

no but seriously.. i actually don't mind being single.. have been most of my life.. im not and never have been one of those girls that needs a man to feel complete.. I have very good friends, and i love myself, and im patient so i know the right one will come around eventually.

infact CATS... me and a few of my single girls are planning just that, we are gonna get all dolled up and go out! and i fully intent on making someones girl jealous! lolololol

no but really is it nice to have someone special send you flowers and candy... ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY....but i also don't mind getting flowers from my best friend who loves me to pieces too.