Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Even Two Weeks Out And Already Stopped Losing! I'm Not Even Eating!

I'm not even able to get more than a couple bites with a baby spoon in me in a 24 hour period. It fills me up. So,I mainly have been sticking to Water, gatorade,my Protein Shakes and Vitamins, and browsing the web for yummy full liquid and mushie recipes for when I can eat. I haven't weighed myself for a few days,well I get on the scale this morning and I've actual GAINED a lb! I'm not even two weeks out from surgery! What am I doing wrong? This comes after me losing 14 lbs since surgery on January 25th! I appreciate and love the surgery,along with the lbs I've lost so far...just wondering if anyone can provide any insight as to whats goin on.

I wish I had some words of wisdom, but it seems natural to sit at the same weight for awhile , check out this topic. I have been at a standstill and it will be 4 weeks tomorrow, haven't lost a pound since my 2 week follow up. :-(

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/30314-is-it-the-infamous-3-week-stall-or-is-it-3-weeks-of-stalling/page__fromsearch__1

Most likely it's just your body adjusting. Every few days I think the same thing. then I realize that it would be physically impossible NOT to be losing weight at this stage. You body requires about 10 calories per pound that you weigh just to maintain bodily functions. So as long as you are eating less than that consistently you have to lose weight.

it could also be hormones. Your body has undergone some massive changes in the last 3-4 weeks (assuming you did a pre-op diet) and it needs to adjust.

I think at some point or another we all think that we will be the ONE person that fails at the sleeve. And while they can't guarantee that you will lose weight-I haven't heard of anyone who didn't.

Hang in there. think positive (I know it's hard) and just keep doing what you are supposed to. Good Luck.

Thank you for the kind words. I think my issue is that my entire life, no matter the effort, I 've been a slow loser and have had to work out 2 hours a day , 7 days a week to lose 1to1.5 lbs a week. I was so hoping this would be easier in some ways, that I could exercise without as much time and effort, not worry about building huge muscle to burn more calories. That my body would be happy with lower calories and the ability to just tone up and do average aerobics. It's discouraging. Wish the sleeve would have been around 25 years ago. I am just disappointed today, once I meet with the surgeon, the stress of not meeting their goal will take some pressure off. I hate disappointing others and myself.

At my age it

Most likely it's just your body adjusting. Every few days I think the same thing. then I realize that it would be physically impossible NOT to be losing weight at this stage. You body requires about 10 calories per pound that you weigh just to maintain bodily functions. So as long as you are eating less than that consistently you have to lose weight.

it could also be hormones. Your body has undergone some massive changes in the last 3-4 weeks (assuming you did a pre-op diet) and it needs to adjust.

I think at some point or another we all think that we will be the ONE person that fails at the sleeve. And while they can't guarantee that you will lose weight-I haven't heard of anyone who didn't.

Hang in there. think positive (I know it's hard) and just keep doing what you are supposed to. Good Luck.

Just remember Happy that's it's not a race. People tell me that when the pounds don't budge you are losing inches. I know it's hard, but soon you will be on full liquids right? I like cottage cheese. Don't get nonfat. Go for 2%, same with the milk. See what your nutritionist says to that. We are eating so little that cutting the fat doesn't seem to make all that much sense to me. Yogurt will/should go down easy too. This is your journey and you are accountable only to yourself.

Your body takes approximately three months to recuperate from any major surgery. You may feel better a week after your appendix has been removed, but your body knows that a serious change has happened; this surgery is much more invasive. Give yourself time for all of the swelling to subside internally, for your body to adjust to less medication (if applicable), and for your entire system to get used to everything working differently.

My weight hasn't budged in two weeks (I'm not bothering to change my ticker for now, either), but I know I'm losing inches because my super-skinny jeans now slide off without being unzipped where they didn't last week. I'm also able to button a shirt that I got as a gift that's never fit. It's marked 2X but it's either a junior size or was mislabeled because it was tiny before! Check your measurements and you may just be delighted. :smile1:

Thank you all for your respones. I think I need to let my husband hide my scale again. lol. I made a promise to myself to keep it away and I broke that promise. Then when I see that I am not constantly losing,it's discouraging,but it shouldn't be bc I know that the weight has to come off sooner or later.....I am only getting about 300 calories a day right now so I'm sure this is just a lil bump out of many to come but that we WILL get over. =)

I think everyone stalls from time to time. Give your body time to adjust to your sleeve. The weight will come off. I have to exercise more after I get rid of this head cold! Good luck!

Yes, put the scale in the trash. That is what I am going to do. One day I lose alot of weight and the next, I've gained it back! Bought a new scale, and low an behold, the scale is working fine. I'm taking the new one back and taking the old one out to the garage. I'm going to live day by day and not stress. Eat healthy, exercise, and it will come off sooner or later. I am going to keep on this site because it's so addicting. ;)

I stalled at 2 weeks also. I did better when I cut back on the shakes and added "food". I made myself eat something 6 times a day. I felt like I was eating constantly. Which is good if you were a snacker! I'm not sure what you are allowed to eat, but food rather than shakes worked better for me. not sure if thats good advice, but it worked for me.

I am pretty sure the weight will come off :) Yes we have rough days, we always have stalls,is part of this process. You are doing awesome so far :)

You CAN do this ,Good luck sweetie!