Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid fast support

Having a tough day today. 9 days since I was banded. I am required by my surgeon to do 30-35 days of clear liquid fast.

So far it has been easy. I have made my own tasty broths, ham, chicken. I have been filling myself up with Water and the odd cranberry juice. That is about it.

I have been OK with this until today.

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to eat what I am preparing for my dh and kids.

Please feel sorry for me.:cry

LOL I do feel sorry for you. That is a long time to go. But just remember that it is not forever, no matter how much it seems like it. Mix up some SF Jello for a sweet treat. Or get some SF popcicles. And try to take it easy and not think about food so much. I know it seems hard to do, but I know you can do it. You are almost over the hardest part.

I am starting my 2 weeks of liquids prior to surgery to shrink my liver. I just made gazpacho from veggies from my garden and put it through a strainer. No carbs, no calories, tastes good. I also am doing sf Jello. I made my own chx broth boiling chicken carrots and celery salt and pepper.

Just think of how good it will feel to run after your kids and not get winded....

Wow, that is a long time. I only had to be on Clear Liquids for a week and then full liquids for 2 weeks. Egg drop Soup is good, I did a lot of sf popcicles. Hang in there, your almost at the half way mark.

I know it is soooo hard. I'm doing liquids/mushies again right now, because I had a fill on Thursday. Can you do liquid Protein Drinks?

The egg drop Soup idea is really good, too!

Get out a SF or hey, go for a real one...popsicle!

Switch up your liquids a little more, and gut it out. That's all you can do, and we're here for you!

No liquid proteiin drinks. No milky fluids. sigh I am damned determined to do this.

Your comments and suggestions are all so helpful.

I made a REALLY awsome chicken broth. First I fried the chicken backs in butter and garlic and onion, then boiled it with shredded zuchinni and carrots. It tastes wonderful.

Then I cooked tacos for my family, drool, with sour cream, salsa and shredded cheese and lettuce, THEN I made my 11 year old on request, a zuchinni boat. Slice zuchinni in half hallow center a bit and fill with sun dried tomatos, garlic, feta cheese, fresh basil, topped with mozarella.

YOU SHOULD SMELL MY HOUSE.

THEN, I used the other half of the zuchinni to make fried zuchinni, justa lika mia Italian grandmother used to do.

:cries into broth: it all smelled so good......... :cries into Water bottle:

It will be worth it won't it.

Might just sneak in a popsicle in now That's clear when melted damn it.:nervous

lol

Just journaling here, just ignore me.

Day 11. Had some very difficult moments day before yesterday and yesterday to some extent.

BUT, every day I manage to stay on plan, I feel like I have made an accomplishment.

So onward I go. The weightloss is amazing and that is what keeps me going, I love seeing the scale move.

Feeling almost back to normal. Going for walks daily.

Determined to make this work.

Paulax,

Hang in there, girl. You are not alone in the liquid world. I am on day 5 of my 7-day fast before surgery on friday morning. You sound like a great cook! Just keep in mind, we are all here to give internet hugs to one another!!! Here's mine to u!

Paulax,

Hang in there, girl. You are not alone in the liquid world. I am on day 5 of my 7-day fast before surgery on friday morning. You sound like a great cook! Just keep in mind, we are all here to give internet hugs to one another!!! Here's mine to u!

I don't know HOW you are doing it, but if someone told me I had to fast BEFORE the surgery, I just don't know....so I am in great admiration to all of you pre band fasters....who wee! Cheers with my broth to you.

Paulax--

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had to have those liquids much lately.... almost a month too...my blessing is it's full liquids!! Just keep telling yourself that when you fit in those cute clothes and feel a MILLION times better you'll be so happy!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -71lbs :)

Paulax--

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had to have those liquids much lately.... almost a month too...my blessing is it's full liquids!! Just keep telling yourself that when you fit in those cute clothes and feel a MILLION times better you'll be so happy!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -71lbs :)

THANK YOU MELODY! I am just about over another day. I like bedtime, because then I don't have to deal with it anymore. AND I get to weigh myself in the morning.

Hey, LOVE YOUR STATS GIRL. Success stories like your are what keep me going.....hugs

and thanks

Just wanted to chime in and wish you good luck with your liquid phase. It's great that your "journaling" how you feel, too. Keep up the good work!

Two full weeks now and the scale reads I am down 20 pounds. 20 pounds of what I don't know, and 20 pounds of what I don't care. hahaha As my siggy says, it is gone.

I had surgery again yesterday. Went under general. I felt like a Mac Truck hit me but feel remarkably well today. I am never sick from generals, just feel like I slept for 7 years, which us moms of young children need every once in a while. A good rest. So my feet and hands show a Water retention, just like after my lap band surgery, but that too will go away.

As for the fasting, never had even one problem yesterday as I was in bed, just thirsty. The tough times are coming up in the next few weeks. I have clear liquid fasted for 14 days now. Hm, that means I am almost 1/2 way there.

Honest, it IS hard, but when the pounds just drop off like nothing, I am encouraged to go the full 30 - 35 days. WHO HOO!

Any other liquid fasters in our midst? I'd love to hear from you.

I am just banded 4 days by Ortiz and Martinez his associate told me that after four days I could do the thicker liquids if I couldnt take it. Ive been doing the broth, Jello, Water, juice and just taking it slow. Has anyone else heard that after 4 days you could start taking the thicker liquids?

I know the first couple of weeks is the worst. i am on my third week but my dr. has us eating soft foods on the fifteenth day. every dr. is different but I have never heard of 1 month of just clear liquids you need to get some Protein in your body. I never drank these but I have heard of many other people drinking them they are called Isopure I think you can get them at like GNC or another health food store like that im in southern cali and thats where we were told to get them. hope you feel better just try to remember that it will pay off trust me. your doing great!!!!! :eek: