Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid fast support

Oh Booda, you sound like you are having a time of it. Just try to remember this is just temporary. I hope the headache goes away soon. Take some Tylenol or whatever helps. You body is adjusting to a lot all at once.

Marie, you sound like you are doing so well. I am so proud of you. It isn't easy is it?

This marks DAY 21 !!!! for me. I am hardly believing that time has gone by so quickly and I am still on my liquid fast. I was so hungry last night. I ALMOST ATE something, but was too scared to do so.

So as this is my weigh in day, I can report a 25 pound loss in 21 days. I know I won't lose this quickly when I step up to solid food, but what a great start.

So some very hungry moments during the day. The broth or cranberry juice will stop it. And in the morning I feel like I deserve an award for getting through one more day.

How are all the rest of you doing?

My stomach is growling as I type this. I caved last night and took a half avacado, table spoon of sourcream and milk and put it in the blender till it was super smooth. It was actually kind of fluffy like cool whip...but anyways. I ate a bit of that and it was soooooooooooooo good! I just can't take the sweet stuff all the time anymore. It's making me want to gag. hahahaha. So today I had a yogurt this morning and i've been drinking a bottle of Water since then. I'm just dying to get past this liquid stage. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Gilbert---

16lbs in 13days is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING to sneeze at or be frustrated with....I AM IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll get more energy as you take more Protein....hang in there!!!!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :(

Paulax----

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My prayer was just don't let me gain back anything Lord...and I haven't....I kept all my Water weight loss off and kept going!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :(

JOsette----

Don't beat yourself up....at least you stuck w/ liquids!!!! I cheated a bit w/ a sesame stick!!! I wanted something salty so bad....but then I stopped!!!! You're DOING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOd Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :(

Melody your support means so much to me. I just look at your enthusiasm and your weight loss together and think. Please, God, let me be as successful as Melody. ha!

Thanks fro your support.

For us looking forward to the solid stage, maybe you could give us an example of your daily food plan.

please!

And JOSETTE, YOU CAN DO THIS. My stomach growls like a bear too. It stops with just a drink of Water or juice. It passes, it really does. Keep up the hard work and come here for comfort. We will hold your hand. today I am going to try for some hot Water and lemon water. I think the heat will help settle things. I did try the hot cranberry juice. It was comforting.

Dh is not coming home for supper tonight so I am taking the kids out for Chinese or Japanese and I am buying myself a tub of Won Ton or Miso. I LOVE broth that someone else makes. ha

Cheers everyone.

Paulax....go for someone losing more than me!!! Set your goals HIGHER!!!! :scared:

My day varies ....I just went through 3 wks of liquids and just starting to get back to eating somewhat "normal".

I cannot eat in the morning for Breakfast....but can warm up 2 oz prune/cranberry juice to loosen that band. Around 10am I eat a cheese stick in between patients (hate the cheese breath....but gotta do what I gotta do :( )....if my band allows I eat something mushy for lunch....like chicken salad or tuna ....around 2-4oz and I'm no longer hungry. Then for supper I have a "hard" Protein....this week made a roast (must eat moist meat) and sweet potatoes (healthier than white potatoes), onions and carrots....it was yummy (don't drool...not much longer :cool: ). I can only eat about 1/2 cup and I am no longer hungry and somewhat full!! I also take a One Source chewable (Walmart brand of Flinstones) and I take juice Plus chewables....2 fruits chewed up in the morning and 2 veggies in the evening....kept my hair and feel great! Lots of Water and trying to walk at least 2 mi/day.....

Hope this helps!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :D

Just had to report, I AM SO FULL RIGHT NOW. I ordered the kids some Chinese take out and bought myself a Hot and Sour Soup AND a Won Ton, had a cup of each broth and am full to the gills.

I have left overs so that will be nice tomorrow.

Melody, thanks for the menu. That really does help me see how your daily meals go. You must have the perfect fill. Do you have any idea what that is? I am looking forward to that stage.

Melody, if my calculations are correct you have lost an agerage of 3.5 pounds a week. YOU ARE MY HERO! HOLY, you must have worked so hard for that. hugs

Hi Paulax,

I found out on Wednesday that my pouch is dilatated or I have a band slip. I have been put on liquids for three weeks. NOw its not Clear Liquids, so I have been fortunate enough to be able to have watered down cream of wheat, Soups, Protein shakes etc. I am on day 4 and having a hard time with this. I have been banded for three years and three months and its like starting all over again. The first couple of days sucked , but I have lots of stuff like SF Jello, popsicles, Soups and shakes to keep me busy. Yesterday, I took my kids to the movies and the smell of popcorn was killing me. I was smart enough to go to Braums before hand and have a yogurt soft serve which I let melt down into a shake and then drank to keep me from hurting someone. Since I am averaging fromo 600-800 calories a day, I hope to lose some weight. I refuse to weigh myself, but I will know when I drop the weight by my clothing which has been very tight because I gained weight due to no restriction for the last 8 months. I admire your fortitude. I had to do 21 days of liquids when I was first banded and I was so very hungry. BUt you do what you have to do.

Hugs from TX

334/180 ish

-150 ish

Hi Paulax,

I found out on Wednesday that my pouch is dilatated or I have a band slip. I have been put on liquids for three weeks. NOw its not Clear Liquids, so I have been fortunate enough to be able to have watered down cream of wheat, Soups, Protein shakes etc. I am on day 4 and having a hard time with this. I have been banded for three years and three months and its like starting all over again. The first couple of days sucked , but I have lots of stuff like SF Jello, popsicles, soups and shakes to keep me busy. Yesterday, I took my kids to the movies and the smell of popcorn was killing me. I was smart enough to go to Braums before hand and have a yogurt soft serve which I let melt down into a shake and then drank to keep me from hurting someone. Since I am averaging fromo 600-800 calories a day, I hope to lose some weight. I refuse to weigh myself, but I will know when I drop the weight by my clothing which has been very tight because I gained weight due to no restriction for the last 8 months. I admire your fortitude. I had to do 21 days of liquids when I was first banded and I was so very hungry. BUt you do what you have to do.

Hugs from TX

334/180 ish

-150 ish

Wow, I am admiring your stats. Congratulations, 3 years! You are my hero.

Any idea why the slip? Is a fast supossed to correct it. Good luck girl, YOU CAN DO THIS...IF I CAN DO THIS YOU CAN DO THIS. Just get into the swing and join us. hugs

OK, start of a new day. I want to confess that I was a grouch to my kids yesterday. Even while I was grouching I couldn't stop myself. I had a gynecological surgery a week ago Thursday, so I have been holed up with the 3 kids adn not able to get out comfortably. So I started to get grouchy. My band friend of 2 years warned me of this. I guess it took 21 days to turn into a raving, grouchy, picky, b@$##! I'll be better today.

So starts my day 22! Where is the crying smilie. I am kind of used to it, but there were about 3 times where I seriously thought of eating something. But I must persist until I see my surgeon one week from Monday.

Starting to walk again today. Going with my dh and 2 of my 3 kids on bikes. Should be a nice morning.

How are all the rest of you doing?

I really thought the dreaded liquid phase would be unbearable and don't get me wrong there were some days. get some egg drop Soup it seemed to be something a little different and the pieces of egg really didn't cause a problem and it really cut the hunger. I would find myself heading to the fridge when i was bored just to find something to munch on and the sf popsicles really did the trick they gave the the crunch and the chew factor i needed. Hang in there it will be done soon. I now dread fills because i have to go back to liquids for 2 days then puree for 2 days post a fill but have started to like it because i tend to get another loss burst those days by only doing liquids

I had surgery 4/17/06 at 308

Now am 265 :clap2:

Hi Paulax,

With flouro, the docs cant tell whether its pouch dilatation or a true slip. They see an enlarged pouch which is probably twice the size it should be. Probably from overeating, but I couldnt tell that I was doing this since I had no soft stop sign or hard stop and I had no reflux and did not throw up. They are leaning towards pouch dilatation and the only way to shrink the pouch is to not eat solids, remove the fill and hope it reduces in size and then start to fill it again. If it doesnt shrink in size, then they will have to reoperate, so it is critical for me to stay on liquids only for at least 2 weeks, but preferable three. Today was really rough. I am sipping on a Protein shake, but I want a hamburger, OK turkey burger minus bread and some blue cheese crumbles. OK, I can have the blue cheese because it will dissolve in Soup, but I want meat!!!

Babs in TX

334/180 ish

Hang in there babs. Do anything you can do to get through the day.

Each morning you will feel like you conquered the world, OK well at least you have conquered another day.

hugs

Hi Paulax,

Good morning!! I am drinking my coffee on Sunday morning. The daytime isnt really bad on liquids. Yesterday, I walked through costco and all the food samplers, did shopping and shared a soft soft yogurt with my husband . Only 130 calories for a half serving and it made me feel a little human. Dinnertime was really hard. I had to make food for my son and I thought there is NO way I can go without eating, so I made myself cream of mushroom Soup. I do feel a little luckier than you though because I can have creamy liquids. But its a struggle. Another day....

Babs in TX