Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid fast support

Hi!

I watch the food Channel as a diversion when I cannot eat much...it works for me! Maybe you're like that, too! It's not torture at all, but I know it is for some.

You are doing great...way to hang tough, Paula!

sigh, yes mouse, the food channel sometimes does satisfy me in some way. I am still enjoying cooking wholesome foods for my family,then sucking on my chicken broth. ha!

I think I might mix it up a bit by going and buying some Wonton Soup and drinking the broth and/or buying some Miso Soup, which I love. That might stir it up a bit.

I think I miscounted, today is day 18!!! Lost a day somewhere. So 18 is almost 20 and 20 is almost 30 ha! The scale keeps dropping so I am happy enough. The food will be ther after the 30 - 35 days right? The same food that I am craving now.

So how are all my other liquid fasters doing?

chime in. I don't want to feel alone here. :nervous

Hi Paula. I've read all that I can on the various post-op diets (you know where this is going) and have added a couple of things to mine. I was going crazy on the clears only. I've added a low-fat (runny) yoghurt smoothie. I think it's 70 or 80 calories. I have one per day. I find milk/dairy products have always filled me up. I've also allowed myself 1 cup of Tomato Soup - it's obviously not "clear" but not too far off the mark. I was going crazy with a growling stomache 24/7 so I decided to add these items.

I started back at work today so I'm hopeful the distraction will help me think less of my hunger. So far it's working - of course it's only 10:00 am.

15 pounds gone in 11 days!

Hi Paula. I've read all that I can on the various post-op diets (you know where this is going) and have added a couple of things to mine. I was going crazy on the clears only. I've added a low-fat (runny) yoghurt smoothie. I think it's 70 or 80 calories. I have one per day. I find milk/dairy products have always filled me up. I've also allowed myself 1 cup of Tomato Soup - it's obviously not "clear" but not too far off the mark. I was going crazy with a growling stomache 24/7 so I decided to add these items.

I started back at work today so I'm hopeful the distraction will help me think less of my hunger. So far it's working - of course it's only 10:00 am.

15 pounds gone in 11 days!

Yes, well I don't blame you my dear. Your weight loss is awesome. Your choices are well thought out and good for you.

I had a second (gynecological) surgery so I am recouping from that and that makes me stay pretty inactive, so I am happy to go on with my clear liquid fast. If I had to go back to work, I'd probably have done the same as you.

Yes, I know what you mean about the 24 hour grumblies. If that happens I will drink more broth, but damn it is boring. But what a weight loss. The most I have added is milk to my coffee. Puleese. If I can't have a bit of milk.

Keep up the good work my dear. I am so happy with my results, I can' t tell you. You must be too.

Oh and don't forget sugar free Jello. That kind of makes me feel as though I have had something....

Oh ya, and have a great first day back at work. What kind of work do you do? Hope it isn't too physical.

The grumblies will get better....w/ time!! Hang in there!!!!

You are DOING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will all be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :)

The grumblies will get better....w/ time!! Hang in there!!!!

You are DOING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will all be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

LOOK AT YOUR STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl, you must be looking so great!

Are your pictures on the main board?

You mean my growlies will get better? I though they might just get worst as I am imagining my stomach waking up finally saying, 'Hey, wait a minute here happened?' ha!

Thanks for the support Melody! I look at your stats and can only hope.

Thanks Paulax!!! My husband took a picture and I still critique way too much!!! So no I am not on boards yet....I need too!! I did let him take a before just so I could prove this someday! :)

I'm almost 1/2 way....wishing it was more!!! But know it will be if I keep trying!!!

God Bless,

MElody

Thanks Paulax!!! My husband took a picture and I still critique way too much!!! So no I am not on boards yet....I need too!! I did let him take a before just so I could prove this someday! :)

I'm almost 1/2 way....wishing it was more!!! But know it will be if I keep trying!!!

God Bless,

MElody

Well, your weight loss is awesome. You must be adhering very well to your food plan. Congrautations on being 1/2 way there. I think that is photoworthy. Awesome accomplishment!!!

My dear banded for 2 years now friend, took a before photo of me. I will post them on the main board when I am 1/2 way there, then again at goal. Great idea!

Paulax... I'm only 5 days out and I'm feeling like I'm suffering. You're very inspiring. I'm dying for just some cottage cheese! For some reason since surgery I can't tolerate the smell of broth. It makes me litterally want to throw up. I had some prior to surgery and was fine. I don't understand it. Only thing I can figure is it was the anestisia. My mom was a huge coffee addict for years and after one of her surgeries she couldn't even stand the smell. Made her want to get sick. Maybe that's my problem?

I'm just dying for the next twelve days to go by so I can have pudding and cream of wheat for heavens sake! hahaha.

I can move to phase two on August 17. What day is yours?

Paulax... I'm only 5 days out and I'm feeling like I'm suffering. You're very inspiring. I'm dying for just some cottage cheese! For some reason since surgery I can't tolerate the smell of broth. It makes me litterally want to throw up. I had some prior to surgery and was fine. I don't understand it. Only thing I can figure is it was the anestisia. My mom was a huge coffee addict for years and after one of her surgeries she couldn't even stand the smell. Made her want to get sick. Maybe that's my problem?

I'm just dying for the next twelve days to go by so I can have pudding and cream of wheat for heavens sake! hahaha.

I can move to phase two on August 17. What day is yours?

That is why I posted this thread Josette. We need help getting through this very tough stage. But I have to say it has been worth it and it WILL be worth it.

I just imagine that my stomach was in such shock after the band placement that it wouldn't mind a rest from digesting. Stomach muscles churn and squeeze and churn while digesting food. This movement can jeoprodize the healing process. So that is why my surgeon insists on a clear liquid fast. And that is exactly why I am determined to complete my fast.

Please hang in there with me. We can suffer this together.

You will have some hard days and you will have some easier days. But I think to give our stomach a real good chance of healing we must follow our surgeon's advice.

My banded friend reminded me of our sacrifices when we got pregnant. We watched what we ate and drank for 9 months to give our growing babies the best chance possible. That is how I am looking at this. And this is such a shorter amount of time. We will be eating food for the rest of our lives, we just need to work hard for these short number of days.

I am on day 18 now. 20 pounds plus gone. I have some real hard times, but when I go to bed having had a successful day, I rest easy.

I also look forward each morning to stepping on the scale and seeing progress.

Good luck and you can come here and complain, and cry or yell out your success. We are here for you maaaaaaaaaaaan!

I am on day five of pre-opp liquid diet. It's going good so far I have lost seven pounds. It's the quitting smoking and eating at the same time thats hard for me. I will be banded on Aug 18th hope all this is worth it.

I'm a bit scared.:paranoid :paranoid

weight.png

ReaganM04----

You can do it!! They liken stop smoking to an heroine addiction....VERY TOUGH!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the band is in it will make it easier to stick too it!!!!

GoD Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :huggie:

MelodyJ,

Thank you for your support>:huggie: ;) I'm so glad this forum is here. Everyone in my house is skinny and can't understand why I just don't "eat right and exercize" I may set my husband on fire and smoke him lol just kidding.:huggie:

weight.png

MelodyJ,

Thank you for your support>:huggie: ;) I'm so glad this forum is here. Everyone in my house is skinny and can't understand why I just don't "eat right and exercize" I may set my husband on fire and smoke him lol just kidding.:huggie:

Now that made me laugh.

My dh took a bit to come round. When he suggested that I eat a bit less and exercise a bit more, I told him that he had a NOVEL idea and that he ought to write a book. Surely, he'd be a billionaire from such unique advice.

Sorry honey, but some of us are just made differently and if a bit of exercise and eating a bit less would have done it, I'd have been skinny years ago.

I had to say, I am not dumb, I am not lazy and I do not have a flaw in my character. We are just all made differently and unfortunately, I gain easily and hold onto weight for life.

True too that my dh is thinnish and my 3 young kids are all of healthy weight and I make sure our food is fresh and healthy and that we all get a lot of exercise.

Sigh, sucks but this is my struggle.

hugs all

Reagan---

Your welcome....you made me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY FUNNY!!! At least you've kept your sense of humor ....it's a good thing to have especially if you do go on a murderous rampage!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :huggie: