Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Was Given A List Of Appointments To Make And I Have A Question..

Most of my appointments I have to make on my own, which I did. Some I have to talk with my PCP. So regarding the psychiatrist am I suppose to tell them it's for a weight loss evaluation? I just scheduled an appointment. How long should I expect this appointment to be?How many times did you see the psychiatrist? I don't think I will be able to get a sitter that day. If it's long I will have to try and persuade a family member.

I only saw him once and it was for about 2.5 hours total- 1hr to fill out a Q&A thing and then 1.5hrs with him. Good luck!

Kiki, I only saw the psyche doc once for about an hour. She determined that I WILL be an alcoholic! LOL I'm glad I don't have to return.

Good luck! You're getting closer!!! :)

Aww man. That's long. Btw did you have to tell him it's for weight loss surgery in advance? Do you get a piece of paper from them on the spot to give to the doctor, how does that work?

Why would they assume you'd be an alcoholic?

She determined that I WILL be an alcoholic!

Are you an alcoholic? Can we be friends? :aureola:

It's In your best interest to be totally honest! The pysch I saw worked in the same bldg as my surgeon do of course she knew. It's nothing to worry about tho!! They have to be sure u don't wanna mutilate yourself for pleasure and that you understand surgery is a tool not a cure, the rest is up to you! And that you are not doing this to please anyone but your health! It's a random series of questions on paper then a chat to determine the factors I mentioned! Don't stress:)

I'm not worried, just the psychiatrist is not affiliated with my hospital so I want to know if I get a print out to give to the doctor or does it get faxed over. I have to do most of my own appointment management and couldnt find a psych that took my insurance in the hospital.

I would think that your surgeon's office should have papers for the psych. My appt. was about an hour and my surgeon refers people to 2 psychologists that work within the bariatric program. The psych I saw asked mostly about my life, support system, past weight loss experience, etc. Everything was related in some way to weight or surgery and she didn't ask any of those off the wall questions like "do you like tall women?", lol. And yes, I actually had that question in a psych eval for a job!

I'm not worried, just the psychiatrist is not affiliated with my hospital so I want to know if I get a print out to give to the doctor or does it get faxed over. I have to do most of my own appointment management and couldnt find a psych that took my insurance in the hospital.

Hey Kiki,

Where are you having your surgery done? Can you see someone in manhattan? I was giving a list of Doctors and a form for the doctor to fill out. I only saw him for an hour I paid out of pocket for a one time visit and he faxed my clearence letter right there and then.

If they send you to see a pulmo doctor you should see them first and by the way I told the physic I need a clearence for weight lost

I saw a counselor that was acceptable by my insurance. I was 200 dollars cheaper. I saw him for app. 40 min. I had a print out of things to discuss from the dr. and he wrote a report and faxed it within a week. Easy. Don't sweat it. Id babysit for you, but it may be a long drive.

The paper is upstairs but from what I can recall about two appointments have to be done via my doctor. It was suggested I see the nutritionist, psychiatrist, and the endoscopy done first. I made appts for all of those including pelvic and abdominal exam. The other two I can't recall. I'm seeing a psych downtown Brooklyn. I do have to do a chest xray as well as blood work. I'm going to call my surgeons secretary and ask if I need to get a paper from the psych.

My surgery is at Methodist Hospital. The list of doctors didn't except my insurance so I went to my insurances' website and looked for local psychiatrists.

My surgery is at Methodist Hospital. The list of doctors didn't except my insurance so I went to my insurances' website and looked for local psychiatrists.

Okay yes the doctor will refer you to some of the doctors and test you need. Yes you need bloodwork and xray and ekg for medical clearance. My PCP has very little involvement in the planning to get approved. Montefoire scheduled everything but physic. Check your message