Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well...I did it! Yesterday morning at 9:30am I layed on the surgery table.

I was told day 2 is the 'buyer's remorse" day. So far so good. I haven't experenced too much pain, but I can feel the emptiness of my stomach. I don't feel hungry, just empty...and drugged LOLlooking forward to a shower!

Now I'm falling asleep as I write and my eyes are very blurry!

Welcome to the losers bench. The buyers remorse came to be day 4. Now I'd never want the old stomach back! I am loving my sleeve, and you will to. A quick and painfree recovery to you.

Sleeved 12/19/11

weight.png

Congrats! You'll be happy with it!! I'm a little over two weeks post op and am happy with my decision. Be prepared for some tough moments, but you'll get through it. That's what we are all here for. The people here have helped me a lot in the last few weeks. Welcome to the club!

The wonderful staff here at St. Mary's in Grand Rapids, MI have been taking great care of me! Started 1 oz of Unjury every hour. Seems to be causing trapped gas, which isn't fun, but worth it...plus they're getting some meds..

Fantastic! I've not had any buyer's remorse so far myself!

Alright folks...this is day 4 post op. I'm struggling. More so on day 3 (felt like I had something caught in my esophogus and the anti esophogial spasm pills/pain pills/anti nausea pills did NOT work, trapped gas)...

Today I feel so hungry. Which is pretty depressing. I realize that once I move from liquids to more solid foods I will probably experience that "forgetting to eat" sensation; as for now and the next 10 days, what can I do? Getting the Water down is proving to be difficult, as well as the Protein drinks/soup. And since I can't get much Water down, my hands and feet are slightly swollen. So I walk as much as I can.

Is there anything I can do to STOP the hunger without actually eating? I definitely do NOT want to risk a leak by attempting to eat something solid.

Any advice or words of encouragement are GREATLY appreciated....tell me this passes! :)