Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Thanks team! you guys are great! I'm ready to go and a little excited so I am not sleeping right now. I figure I will have a few days to catch up on the sleep.<br /> <br /> Pinenut - Good luck and my prayers are with you! I had Sue take my pictures and measurements the day I started pre-op. I wouldn't want to give my husband a heart attack. Maybe when I'm thin I will let him keep the lights on! lol<br /> <br /> Sue and Mer - don't use my down time as an excuse to not walk. I will be waiting to hear you went on without me. Sue, don't forget to order me vanilla protein.<br /> <br /> here I go . . . . . . . . .

OK, day 4 of Clear Liquids, can't say I'm enjoying it...I think my feelings would land on the other end of that spectrum. The one good thing...I get to move my ticker! May not be much, but it's movement. Thank God for that one bit of encouragement.

Hi Sue! I know exactly how you feel.. How is your hunger going? It seems so long ago that i was where you were at. Tomorrow is my last week for clear liquids since surgery. My Doctor does 4 weeks of clear liquids after surgery too. I just keep trying to remind myself that this is the only time I have to do this. For fills he has me only doing 48 hrs of warm liquids afterwards. So stay strong - you'll make it!!! :(

nbjen...

thanks for the encouragement...nobody knows unless they've been there. Wenjea & i were talking last night about realizing how much our lives have centered around food..that certainly needs to change...look where it's gotten me. I'm looking now for other rewards, it seems shopping fills the gap too easily...boy could that get me in trouble. Are you with Dr Oh also?

Evila...

My Doc has you do 2 weeks of clear liquid & protien shakes pre-op, then clear liquids only for 1 week post-op, followed by 3 weeks clear liquids & shakes. Then it's mushies for 2 week then on to softs & solids. It's more strict than other Doc that I've seen, but it leads to fewer complications (slippage) and great start in getting the pounds off! Many are down 20 lbs by their surgery date.

Wendy & Pinenut even though I'm late.... know I'm still thinking of you both..... I'm so excited for you two!:clap2:

Hi all, just visited Wenjea in the Hospital after 10AM banding. We went for our walk, though it was not the regular 2 miles, just to the end on the hall & back. She's battling nausea from the pain meds, but she's sipping Water & eating popcycles just fine.

Speedy recovery to all the new banders this week!

Sue

Well, I am now officially a "bandster". Everything went well and I only had a couple moments of weepies. I must have made 3 trips to tinkle before I finally made it into the op room! It was really muh less stressful than I thought it would be, I remeber lating o t table and en Iwas in recovery. I needed some pain meds (delautin) for pain I was having at the top. I zonked for another hour and ten worked on fuocusing my eyes. I took a couple laps aroung the nurse station and then I was ready to go home. I got there at 6:45 am and was on my way home at noon. I haven't had any nausa, only a crashing headache- probabl from lack of caffiene. You definately want to keep on top of any pain. Not unbearable, but why suffer? I slept well last night too.

Today I can tell that the surgery meds have work off. The Lortab is just ok today. I am also taking Aleve. I reached too far forthe phone and had a stabbing pain in my side, so of course I have done the same thing twice more! I am taking it easy and walking then dozing in bed. Tomorrow I think I will attempt a shower! I have had a lot of spotting from the "wounds" so I am glad I took Kristen's advice to wear something you wont mind having to toss or keep stained. The heating pad is really nice for the shoulder pain too.

I can really tell how much rutting around they do in the procedure now. I feel like I have been pummeled in the torso. Like having to hold your tummy to walk. The most trouble I have had is in trying to sit on the potty! When did the toilet get so low? THe foods have been fine. I had free range chicken broth and applesauce and some juice bars. ALso a fudgecicle. Mmmm. What I really want is grilled cheese, but I don't think even the magic bullet could pull that one off!

Glad to hear Wenjea made it through too! Chat with you all later! And I am still hoping to make it ti the Monday group at St. Joe's.

Hi everyone. I havent posted since my surgery on the 9th, but I got through it great. I am on day 11 & I still have gas pain that comes & goes. When I wake up in the morning I feel great, but after Ive been up a while & when I get something to eat it comes back. Im hoping it goes away for good soon. I have 4 more days before I can have something other than broth, thin Soup & Water. I look forward to having some mashed potatoes.

:hungry:

Anyways, congrats to all the other new bandsters. This is a beginning for all of us.

Hi Dawn..... congrats on make it through to the other side! :mad: I'm not too far behind you I hope....(crossing fingers for June still).....

I love reading posts from those of you who have just been banded, it helps me more and more to understand what I might expect as well.

Hope to see you at the support group on the 11th :mad:

Hello Everyone -

I am from NW Wa as well getting banded on the 22nd. I am trying to get my ticker to work on the website but it is not working. I cut and pasted the html link into the signature section but it just says bad url or invalid..

Any ideas

I'm back! So I'm vertical for a little while and I will try and type fast before I need to lay back down.

Day 1- (surgery) woke up at 4:30, left at 5am, checked in at 5:30. They took me back to pre-op at 6:40 (could of used that hour to sleep) I was 2nd on the schedule. In pre-op they had me get my gown on, took my blood pressure and put in my IV. They brought my husband back and he stayed with me for a while. Then I got a shot of Heprun (sp) and we walked to the surgical unit. I hit the bathroom on the way there and then kissed hubby goodbye. I got on a gurney and waited for the different people to come in and introduce themselves. They put my leg squeezers on and gave me shot number two of heprun. I went through one whole bag of glucose by then so hit the bathroom again on the way to the surgical wuite. I transfered beds, put my arms out, got the mask and that was all I remember. I had told everyone how sick I get on pain meds before hand so they started with the antinausea meds right away. They gave me something very strong because I have no memory till about 5pm. My husband said that my surgery was around 9:45 and over around noon. They found a hernia and repaired it while they were in there.

Like I said I woke up around 5pm and they had me get up and use the bathroom. I had no idea if Iwas going or not but hte nurse turned on the Water to help me. It took a while for my bladder to wake up. Some of what made me sooo sleepy was the nausea meds. The nurse made me walk a little while she hang on to me. She kept telling me to open my eyes, felt like I just wanted to sleep. I was in and out for the next couple of hours. They gave me breathing treatments and kept the leg squeezers on. They were pouring IV's through me so I had to keep getting up to go to the bathroom which was frustrating because I would have to wait for them to unhook my IV so I could get up. Almost peed my pants a couple of times. I was very glad for my pillow from home and as soon as possible I changed into a knit night shirt because the tent they had me in was very uncomfortable. My scars are all above my underwear line so I could wear those without any discomfort. The advise to wear a jacket so you didn't have to put a bra on was perfect for coming home with. I still havn't put on a bra yet. They gave me another antinausea at 10pm that knocked me out for the night. Boy was I glad I was in a hospital with bars on the bed to get up on and bars by the toilets!

Day two - came home about 9:00am from the hospital. Proped up on lots of pillows inbed and settled in for the day. Gas was not bad. They had to send me home on a pain pill that I had to crush and mix with crushed popsicle to get down. Tasted nasty! but didn't make me sick. The breathing machine is really important this day!!! Popped a lot of gas x strips so that was good. Stayed on top of pain and rested, slept pretty well last night.

Day 3 - Gas is worse today. port pain is sharp. Trying to stay vertical more. Switched to liquid tylenol, just couldn't take the bad taste of the other stuff anymore. Heating pad feels wonderful on port side. Drinking lots of dillutted apple juice. I took a shower and one of the clear bandages came off but the steri strips are still on. I'm not hungry but want to stay hydrated. Read through my material and remembered I was supposed to be taking my B vitamims, oops. I can't believe how anyone could fly to Mexice and home again after this, ouch!!!

Okay, been up long enough, need some more heat on the belly. I'll check back in soon. Hope you are doing well pinenut, bet we could swap some stories!