Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its Your Period Dummy!

Does anyone know about IUD and the Sleeve? All this talk about periods and im wondering if I need to address anything with my IUD before surgury?

I'm on the pill (orthocylcen) and I'm due to start the day before my surgery. Ugh! I'm wondering if any of you having the post-op period problems (say that 3x fast) are/were on the pill or were having periods naturally. I'm hoping with having my hormones regulated I won't have this problem. I'm considering just starting a new pack and skipping my placebo because I really don't want to have to deal with my period while recovering.

I'm on the pill (orthocylcen) and I'm due to start the day before my surgery. Ugh! I'm wondering if any of you having the post-op period problems (say that 3x fast) are/were on the pill or were having periods naturally. I'm hoping with having my hormones regulated I won't have this problem. I'm considering just starting a new pack and skipping my placebo because I really don't want to have to deal with my period while recovering.

My doctor said no pill for 30 days before/after due to risk of blood clot complications. Have you asked your doc of this is OK to do?

My doctor said no pill for 30 days before/after due to risk of blood clot complications. Have you asked your doc of this is OK to do?

My doctor said the same thing.

I asked my bariatric surgeon and my primary care doctor, both said it's ok to stay on the pill throughout.

That's weird you mention this I thought I was the only one, usually about a week before my period I get back pain, I would sometimes get a little Pre-OP but this time around its so painful!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So I have PCOS and have had it for yrs. I've been on birth control for the last 3 yrs (lo estren24) need less to say I've never had any problems and I actually don't have periods that is until I was 1month post op and 20#'s lighter. I didn't think my drastic weight loss would effect my period so much since I thought the birth control regulated my hormones. Has anyone else had this experience? I take my pills like clock work because I've lost 50+#'s and have 4 kids so I'm good in that department I don't need anymore babies. Every since April though I've either had break through bleeding, spotting, or back to back cycles. It just has me worried that it means my bc won't be as effective. I don't need a surprise baby!!! I did call into my obgyn to see what she thinks. I'm just curious as to others experience.

I also know my hormones are out of whack because my labido is way down and that's is just not me. I require sex on a daily basis or I'm a real B!@#* to live with. Lol. Now though not so much and it bothers my hubby because he's out of town 60% of the month so when he's home I'm like umm no!

Interesting side effect. I had a uterine ablation two years ago so I wonder what will happen for me. I still get a period but it's usually extremely light and only lasts two or three days. I hope this doesn't send me back into the hell of having a heavy period.

I am almost 4 months post op and have had 3 periods so far. The first 2 were horrible, bad cramps, nausea, back ache, fatigue, crankiness, the whoever nine yards. My last one I never had a single symptom is was coming. No pre-menstrual signs at all, no cramps, no back pain and other than bleeding and a little bloating I almost forgot I was on it. I hope the rest of them are this way.

I am having surgery on Monday and my " time of the month" has kicked in now! Aaaaargh! I usually get a really heavy flow with cramps and headaches- don't want it to get worse!

I was on low estrogen birth control pills & even starting the new pack the week before surgery, I still got my period 3 days post-op. of course my surgeon told me not to start BC pills again for 6 weeks. So I guess we'll see how that screws with my cycle plus all the changes going on in the body too. It was funny cos before discharge & telling me no on BC pills to use other forms of protection, all I could think was "who is even thinking of sex. I feel like sh*t right now. " lol farthest thing from mind but I read on another board some lady got prego 2 weeks after her surgery so they gotta bring it up.