Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Urgent - Advice Needed Please

I'm soooo sorry to hear about the fire at your home! Thank God everyone is OK! I would say push your date back IF it's easy to reschedule your date.

Brat, I really admire your positive attitude. God bless you as you recover from this. Glad that you all are okay.

Hugs! No time is a good time, but I'm so sorry that happened when it did. As much as I hate to say it, it would be best to delay the VSG temporarily. You don't need the added stress right now.

Good luck!

So sorry to hear about this how stressful. We just moved to NC from the Bethany area. We lived close to the Mad Greek. I miss pdx a lot. Wishing you the best. I miss Rock Creek a lot too.

i am so sorry to hear! march 14, 2003, my house burned down after living there my entire life. i lost everything including 5family members. it was nothing less than a tragedy! i know exactly what youre going thru.

i think you should push back surgery until youre more stable & in a better space! good luck to u.

OMG (((jasleeve)))

yes... im scarred for life.. im terrified of fires & i always have the thought that i will one day be trapped in a fire too. very scary!!!! :/

OMG (((jasleeve)))

Reading this post and comments gives me chills. Going to bed with a heart full of thanksgiving. I was feeling sorry for myself, but not now. My best wishes for those of you who have suffered from losses due to fires.

By the way, I had a super easy time of it being sleeved. However, I was ordered not to lift more than 15 pounds and to rest. It would be difficult for me to follow these instructions if I was displaced from my home. Wishing you the best as you go through a difficult adjustment.

i am so sorry to hear! march 14, 2003, my house burned down after living there my entire life. i lost everything including 5family members. it was nothing less than a tragedy! i know exactly what youre going thru.

i think you should push back surgery until youre more stable & in a better space! good luck to u.

So sorry to hear that! Hugs!!!

I agree with most that you will have to weight your options. I had a great surgery but minor complications with exhuasting and dehydration. I could not have delt with moving and healing at the same time. But truly its to each their own. I am eight weeks out and it is a very emotional journey.

I am also sorry for your situation but I just have the best feeling that you will be fine with any choice you make.

I would just be concerned if you would be able to deal with all of the issues the surgery requires you to work on. You have to have time to eat correctly, you will want to have time to focus on this surgery. If you do or cannot, you aren't within the guidelines of a good candidate anyway. Many of us forget that this isn't CAN you get the surgery, it is SHOULD you get it.

The head hunger, the need to fight old patterns and not regress onto poor food choices and "comfort foods" - you need to be able to fight the dopomine responses and work on a long, ongoing fight to change your attitude toward food. This may be too much to do that with.

For now.

Just my opinion from a point of view that I don't want you to loose some weight - I want to to have complete success for the rest of your new life.

Bratv :o

What an awful ordeal your going through. You need to take care of your personal life first. Moving temporarily into a new home. It must be so hard on your family - frequently woman take the brunt of it. You probably will have to "run" around dealing with things, picking up, moving objects, taking care of the kids - it would be so hard for a "normal" person with no physical problems to deal with, but after having WLS..?

I don't see how there would be any way for you to deal with the above - and having had WLS. I know its disappointing to you to have to set another date, but in the long wrong I think it is worth it, and you will realize that too after the fact.

The dr.'s office should feel sympothetic to you when you cancel, and hopefully will try and get you back on the schedule as soon as possible.

Good luck & best wishes for a speedy turn around to your life

kathy :hug:

Definitely consult with the surgeons - if you can get the other adults in your life to do the heavy lifting for you and you feel confident then by all means, but if there's even an inkling that something isn't right, reschedule. I'm sure if you talk to the surgeons, they'll find a spot for you in the very very near future.

Glad you're all safe - let us know if you need anything - clothes, etc - I'm more than happy to help in any way I can.

Me, I would just get the surgery, everyone else can deal with it. I find that if I just get out of the way, things go better anyway. You just gotta believe that things happen for a reason. I put off a surgery once, and it was nightmare after nightmare after that to get it done, and I really felt that when I did put it off, that I was off!

God Bless

Me, I would just get the surgery, everyone else can deal with it. I find that if I just get out of the way, things go better anyway. You just gotta believe that things happen for a reason. I put off a surgery once, and it was nightmare after nightmare after that to get it done, and I really felt that when I did put it off, that I was off!

God Bless

I would say that too - but I've also had plenty of experience where no one dealt with anything and I ended up having to do it anyway - sick, recovering, or not. I guess it just depends on the support system you do or don't have. If you have one that's reliable, go for it. If you don't, postpone.