Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something To Help My Thighs?

Ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything that works to keep saggy baggy thighs in check? I'm at goal and plastics are more than a year away. I'm small enough that I'm comfortable wearing some shorter dresses and skirts but my thighs are a disaster!

Regular hose don't seem to do much except at the waist and upper thigh. I have issues all the way down to my knees. I wonder if anyone has experience with sheer compression hose? Would they do the trick or would they cause an issue? Something like a body shaping short wouldn't work with most things I'm thinking about wearing.

Any tips?

~Cheri

This is a great topic hopefully some one has ideas, I have only lost 51 lbs and I feel them wobbling in my jeans thinking what is it going to be like when I do lose 100 lbs.

Laura

Hey you!

How's life at goal?

Are you doing any exercises... I find squats great for the thigh area. Also jogging/fast walking helps tone up too. Not sure about the clothes dept though...

Leggings are a lot longer than compression shorts and have cute trim at the bottom, so they can be worn with a lot more. I got some cute llace-trimmed leggings for $8 at costco and they def. suck stuff in. I've seen girls wearing them with mini skirts or a belted tunic. If you pair with winter boots, they will look like tights.

Also, exercise has made a real difference for me, but it takes time to see results.

Lynda

Have you looked at support hose, like the kind that they recommend for people with varicose veins or "tired legs"?

I personally don't wear hose but I know of one gal (of normal weight) at work who wore support pantyhose throughout her recent pregnancy and well after her postpartum period to help with varicose veins, and they looked like pretty normal pantyhose. One big mfg is Jobst.

I wore kneehigh support socks for awhile to see if it would help with my leg pain (it didn't) and I bought a mid- to low-end version, so they were very opaque and kind of stiff... but if you are willing to spend the money, I know they get a lot softer and more translucent. They come in different compressions but for shaping you probably wouldn't need anything more than very mild compression, which is good because that will keep the cost down. But do prepare for a bit of a sticker shock. They aren't cheap, but most Shapewear isn't.

Thanks for the input so far - I'll look into the sheer compression hose but you're right they are expensive. I saw a pair last night ON SALE for over $100! Leggings are also a cute idea but I'll have to try several different combinations to make it work. Leggings make me think flats but short skirts/dresses make me want to wear heels. I'll have to play around a bit and figure out if I'm comfortable with the combination. Maybe going with the heeled boots will do it for me because they'll look like tights as you said. Ugh - it's so hard to get used to wearing these clothes, though! I'm 31 now and I feel like if I pair the short skirt AND the heeled boots I'll look like I'm trying too hard or something.

I do squats and I've finally mustered the energy to work out daily but I'm not sure how much help I'm going to get. The problem areas are just skin, no fat. I gained so much weight and kept it on so long that I think it's pretty hopeless.

Coops, my buddy! Life at goal is truly outstanding. I just want those plastics and can't do it until we're back in the states next year. I'm developing a shopping addiction I think, because it's finally fun to shop for clothes and I can't believe that I look good in almost everything I buy. Crazy! I cannot WAIT until you're here at goal with me. I see you're still slowly creeping along but just hang in there, woman - you'll make it here in time! I've said it before and it's totally true: it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to goal because once you get there you'll be over the moon no matter what!

Anyway, I was just asking for advice and I still hope to see more input. I'm overseas and packages take six weeks to get here so whatever I decide to do I have to shop for online and then wait for it to show up. It would be so much easier if I could just go to the store and try several things and see what works! But here in Bishkek, my size small/4-6 is PLUS SIZE if you can believe that, so shopping the local stores isn't a real option for me.

Thanks for the input, ladies - hopefully this thread will help all of us plagued with the saggy baggy thighs.

~Cheri

Thanks for the input so far - I'll look into the sheer compression hose but you're right they are expensive. I saw a pair last night ON SALE for over $100! Leggings are also a cute idea but I'll have to try several different combinations to make it work. Leggings make me think flats but short skirts/dresses make me want to wear heels. I'll have to play around a bit and figure out if I'm comfortable with the combination. Maybe going with the heeled boots will do it for me because they'll look like tights as you said. Ugh - it's so hard to get used to wearing these clothes, though! I'm 31 now and I feel like if I pair the short skirt AND the heeled boots I'll look like I'm trying too hard or something.

I do squats and I've finally mustered the energy to work out daily but I'm not sure how much help I'm going to get. The problem areas are just skin, no fat. I gained so much weight and kept it on so long that I think it's pretty hopeless.

Coops, my buddy! Life at goal is truly outstanding. I just want those plastics and can't do it until we're back in the states next year. I'm developing a shopping addiction I think, because it's finally fun to shop for clothes and I can't believe that I look good in almost everything I buy. Crazy! I cannot WAIT until you're here at goal with me. I see you're still slowly creeping along but just hang in there, woman - you'll make it here in time! I've said it before and it's totally true: it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to goal because once you get there you'll be over the moon no matter what!

Anyway, I was just asking for advice and I still hope to see more input. I'm overseas and packages take six weeks to get here so whatever I decide to do I have to shop for online and then wait for it to show up. It would be so much easier if I could just go to the store and try several things and see what works! But here in Bishkek, my size small/4-6 is PLUS SIZE if you can believe that, so shopping the local stores isn't a real option for me.

Thanks for the input, ladies - hopefully this thread will help all of us plagued with the saggy baggy thighs.

~Cheri

Go with the boots.... sassy as hell! And at 31 you're a pup and you can wear what the hell you like...lol!

Yea, things are certainly slow for me... and I know you are right, time is not important. But I have to say, I am getting really impatient now ...lol!

I can't believe that your size is a plus size... just goes to show how different cultures really are different!

What plastics are you considering? I would simply love to get a TT and lift... but it is sooooo expensive over here! And we need a family holiday first, so it is going to be a good while before I can get it done.

Let us know what you decide... and Oh, we need photographic evidence of how fantastic you look! =]

Go with the boots.... sassy as hell! And at 31 you're a pup and you can wear what the hell you like...lol!

Yea, things are certainly slow for me... and I know you are right, time is not important. But I have to say, I am getting really impatient now ...lol!

I can't believe that your size is a plus size... just goes to show how different cultures really are different!

What plastics are you considering? I would simply love to get a TT and lift... but it is sooooo expensive over here! And we need a family holiday first, so it is going to be a good while before I can get it done.

Let us know what you decide... and Oh, we need photographic evidence of how fantastic you look! =]

Well, I'm in Central Asia. The women here are very finely boned and short, as you might imagine in a country that borders on China. Then there are Russian women, who, while taller, are incredibly skinny (though my opinion is that this is more a "fashion" than a genetic trait like the local women). So yes, believe it or not, I have to shop the Turkish plus-size stores to find clothing here! The first time I found out I couldn't just buy regular clothes I was CRUSHED but thankfully my stepdaughter reminded me that my pant size didn't change when I left the house and that the issue was a cultural one and not a deficiency on my part. It was so upsetting, though!

I'm saving my money for the full body lift - I'm going whole hog, baby! :) I'm very seriously considering Dr. Siamak Agha (he's in California). I've been researching several surgeons for more than a year now and I love his eye and how he shapes the body. It's more than just removing skin, it's like he gives a woman back her curves and feminine shape. He's also very experienced with weight loss patients. In any case, whatever doctor I decide to use I'll be doing thighs, tummy and breasts for sure. I don't think I need help with my arms and I'm young enough that my neck isn't doing very badly.

I suppose I'll have to get some photos posted. I did post one in my ball gown last November but I've hit goal since then and look a bit smaller.

You're doing a great job, coops - keep plugging away. I know that sometimes you have to roll your eyes a bit at the posts griping about slow loss, don't you? I know I do...some folks just don't get that it's not the norm to hit goal in 9 months, do they? :) I know how frustrating it is, though - for all of us. We all want this weight gone the DAY we opt for surgery, and not a moment later.

Take care, lady. I'll post something or other soon.

~Cheri

I know that alot of people have said that Spanx is great for tighting up those bad places. you can try that

Ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything that works to keep saggy baggy thighs in check? I'm at goal and plastics are more than a year away. I'm small enough that I'm comfortable wearing some shorter dresses and skirts but my thighs are a disaster!

Regular hose don't seem to do much except at the waist and upper thigh. I have issues all the way down to my knees. I wonder if anyone has experience with sheer compression hose? Would they do the trick or would they cause an issue? Something like a body shaping short wouldn't work with most things I'm thinking about wearing.

Any tips?

~Cheri

try using vedette, it has really good compression and i totally recomend it by experience http://www.classicshapewear.com/vedette-stephanie-firm-compression-mid-thigh-full-body-shaper-104-206-p-1860.html