Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Post-Op Is Not What I Expected!

I am down 9 lbs from last week, and that is good. I am eating soft foods and doing ok. The doc removed my drain today.

My Mom died yesterday. I have cried so much I feel like I have pulled something loose. My Mom is gone.

Not the post I expected to make, but it has opened whole new issues.

Keep me in your prayers, please!

I am so sorry about you mom...I lost my dad one year ago and getting ready for surgery next week. I couldn't imagine losing my mom right now. Good job on your weight loss. Try your best to keep your head up and keep moving forward. Keep all you mom memories close to your heart. Godd luck!

I'm so sorry for your loss. As is this can be a very emotional journey and I could not fathom the extra stress of going through this. Good luck and God bless!

I'm so sorry for your loss...I too loss my mom, it happened a year before my lapband surgery...I will not say it will be ok, but I will say pray pray pray, stay focused, your mom would not want you to be in pain or hurt yourself because of grief....

I will keep you in pray....

You and your mom are in my prayers. Gather your support system around you and consider a grief counseling class. It helped me so much when my son died. We are family here and will always be here to listen and support you.

God bless you and your family at this time. I am ten days out and I know how emotional it is just to go throuhg the surgery and recover form all of that . I know this is a big blow and cant imagine having to deal with the pain of morning the loss of my mother. I have been told God doesn’t put more on us than we can handle and I have felt at times that is a stupid statement however I have also used it to gain strength. Take care of yourself as I am sure your mother would have wanted you to live a happy healthy life.

Jennifer

So sorry to hear your news. I feel so bad that you are going through this. Be careful, call your doctor, and take care of yourself. I haven't used one, but people in my support groups talked about wearing a waist support to keep "held in" better - and to ease some of the internal pain. This make help you, since it such an emotional time right now. Take care.

Pookeyism, I'm so sorry for your loss. When my mom died, it was just surreal, and it took me days, weeks to really take it in. I was in a major car accident 10 days before her death and was just starting to walk, so it was especially hard to deal with. You are in my prayers in the days and weeks to come. Your mom will still be with you, in your heart, as you continue your journey.

It broke my heart to read your post. I am SO SORRY! It is never a good time to lose a parent, but you are already in such a vulnerable state right after this surgery and it takes such strength to deal with a major loss. I hope you will take especially good care of yourself because I am worried you will make yourself sick. I'm sure your mom would want you to continue to re-cooperate. I understand loss and grief as I've lost many family members over the years (my mother at a young age, my son, my sister). Grief support groups can be helpful because you can talk with those that have been through a similar loss and they understand. Please lean on others as much as you can. I'm sending you loving thoughts and energy.

I am very to hear of your loss. Many prayers your way.

So sorry for your loss. It is diffucult any time you lose a parent, but I can only imagine during this time in your life. We are praying for you. I hope you have a support group such as a church that you can reach out to locally. This is a time to be near family and friends so that they can help you. God bless you, dear.

Ohhhhhh honey, I'm SOOOO SOOO SOOOO sorry!!I am praying for you and will continue to do so. PLEASE stay hydrated. Praying.

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR PRECIOUS LOSS! HUGS AND PRAYERS TO YOU!

I am down 9 lbs from last week, and that is good. I am eating soft foods and doing ok. The doc removed my drain today.

My Mom died yesterday. I have cried so much I feel like I have pulled something loose. My Mom is gone.

Not the post I expected to make, but it has opened whole new issues.

Keep me in your prayers, please!

Ohh my darling hunny I am so so sorry for your loss!! :'( I'm praying for your strength to get through this, you are definitely enduring a lot right now. Please hang in there!! ((()))