Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling So Very Alone In My Journey With No Friends.

I feel so surreal I woke up today and was like this is really going to happen in 30 days. And I don't have a freind to sit down with and have coffee with to talk about our goals during and after this journey. Where we could always lean on to get each other and my our goals come true. Someone to go shopping with everytime we meet a milestone. My husband is great but he does not understand what I am going thru. He tries very hard to be there but I need someone who is over weight and tired of it and has tryed everything to lose it. Being a over weight wife, mother and grandmother is hard enough because every body is into themselves and what is going on with you does not matter to them. I would love to meet someone at the same point as me going thru the ups and down. I only blame myself for not having any true freinds I have closed myself in.

You would think I would have freinds becase I am currently going to college but even there I have no support no one I can count on to back me up if I miss class.

So for right now I must take these step by myself and hope that I can regain my life back and Next Weekend I am planning to go to target and get myself two pairs of sweet pants, loose panties, 2 loose bra and some loose t-shirt. The next weekend I will buy my stuff for the hospital stay. I will buy 2 night shirts, slippers, and a house coat. I will buy fresh batch of protien shakes and crystal light because I am a picky eater. I will continue to buy my supplies for after surgery. I have been stocking up for months now. I plan to be ready for after surgery I have measuring cups and spoons that flatten to fit in bags. I have a personal blender for the protien shakes. I renewed my gym membership, I go by myself.

Is there anybody from the Bronx going thru this. Surgery at Montefiore hospital. As the saying goes I came in alone and I will leave alone

I'm right there with you hon. . . my husband is my best and only friend. I wouldn't trade him for anything. I had friends but soon learned that they really weren't friends. They would love to hear the bad and ugly, but didn't want to hear the good and great. Those people come and go very easily. My husband didn't understand my reasons for doing this drastic thing either. He thought that it was so simple to just diet and exercise. I went through this by myself as well. But I had / have this forum. There are lots of good people here to help support and understand. Some of them are irratating as all get out and really get under your skin, but those are angry people who are miserable and want others to be miserable with them, those folks you learn to ignore. . . I, like you, blame myself for not having friends at this time, but i have come to not trust people much anymore and would rather not be hurt by someone who claims to be my friend. . . I'm going on my 3rd year post surgery and let me tell you, I am happier and healthier. I take myself for lunches and coffee, sometimes my hubbie comes along and then we have a good time. I've noticed I enjoy doing stuff by myself including the gym, swimming, shopping, horseback riding etc and with him too sometimes if he wishes. It'll be ok, you'll be ok. . you have come this far, come a bit further and embrace it. . . good luck to you! You are strong and together we'll get through this. . . peace and love to you while you walk your path of life

Go to the section on this forum and look for a buddy to go through this with. Look for someone who is close to you for your surgery date. You could look for someone close geographically or someone close in age or in a similar life-circumstance.

A second alternative would be to find a person in a support group that is going through a sleeve program. Call the coordinators of the support groups and find out if they have sleeve people in them.

Good Luck!

Hi! I will be having surgery on 2/3/2012 so around the same time you will be. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to message me. I don't mind. We will be starting on this journey around the same time and I know that that can help.

All of the WLS forums offer a lot of support. I don't really have any friends here and I don't have a husband or boyfriend, so I literally had no one to talk to about this in real life. I went to the hospital alone and left alone. So its possible to do it alone. I wish I would've had someone there like my mom or sister but there weren't available. I was doing this for me anyway and I made it through.

Awww :( I'm so sorry you guys are having a hard time doing this alone. I can only imagine how much more difficult that makes things. Although I live in NY if it would help you to do some one on one face time with Skype I'd be happy to do that for any of you if it will help you on your journey! Let me know and I can get you my skype info!

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words. It brighten my day to know I was not alone in feeling this. I am so close and the emotions are getting the best of me.

I still wish I had a live person but to all that offered to speak to me in private thanks you. blush5.gif

And I have tryed to find some one in the group but they are really not open to having discussions out side the group. I know that I will be fine it does not change the fact that I am driving blindly in this journey.banghead.gif

biggrin5.gif I will do well and gain the self esteem to unclose myself. I will have the energy to volunteer for the extra activties my grandkids are in, as I did for my kids. (raising grandkids) Soccer, baseball, ballet, swimming. I will network and make some friends.biggrinjester.gif

Hi

I am scheduled for February 6th. If you need someone to talk about it please message me. I live on Long island but was born in the Bronx....

@ muller1223 thanks, that sound great what hospital? private message me did you have other medical problems?

Hi there! You have all of us here to lean on whenever you feel the need. We are open for business 24/7 and everyone here is waiting and ready to give you support at any time. :) There are many here from New York, here is a link to the area you might find some near you. http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/forum/19-usa-local-vsg-support/

I have met many awesome people from the weight loss internet community in real life too. Friends I will have for a lifetime.

I'm always open for anything you need as well, you can always send me a message or send me a friend request on Facebook (link in signature line). You will do just fine!!!