Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Some Suggestions.. Not Gettin In Enough Food I Don't Think

OK so here goes.. I am a texture person and the pureed food feel like im eating regurgitated foods.. sorry bout that one.. but seriously i can't eat anything with out wanting to puke. So far the only thing that i can eat and not feel disgusted about is Jello, and yogurt..

Now im not actually having issues eating anything in particular it just grosses me out. I can handle everything ive put in my mouth so far, eggs, chicken, tuna, relish, mayo, Beans, i swear you name it ive probably ate it by now.. im 3 and a half weeks out.. and im really afraid im gonna get the hair loss thing because im not gettin in any type of nutrients other than my Vitamins cuz i don't eat..I think i eat maybe once a day.

The other problem that i seem to have is that when I DO finally try and eat something.. it feels like a block of cement going down my throat. its almost painful to swallow..Please tell me this isn't going to always be like this..I want to be able to enjoy food later down the road not have an issue eating in general.

I don't know what im doing wrong on this pureed stage, and i can't wait for soft food because then maybe i wont feel so disgusted about eating.

Can you have cottage cheese? That might give you a different texture than some of the other foods you're currently eating. Also, if you're having discomfort you might be eating too fast or taking bites that are too large.

I was pretty miserable during my pureed phase because I wanted some variety . . . and it DOES get better once you can add more foods into your diet. In the meantime, try to find some combinations of things you like and if you can't get enough out of your food, you might need to add another Protein shake.

i have never been a fan of cottage cheese.. its that texture thing..

but im wondering is crab ok this early out. im 3 and half weeks i had some the other day and it seemed to be fine. its almost as if i need to jump straight to soft foods.. i just don't know what else to do..

Im afraid to push my sleeve because i don't wanna do damage, but if i don't do something im also going to risk my nutritional health.

have you tried babyfood. the Lagasna and the chicken and Noodles are not bad if you add some salt and pepper. I have still been drinking a lot of Protein Shakes and I am about 4 weeks post op. I would also try the cottage cheese to see if that helps you. I know that if I eat to fast I get that feeling also so I usually try to take just a taste and then put the food down and check an email and then I go back for a little more. There is no need to rush when you eat as long as you are not drinking when you eat. Have you tried cream of potato or cream of chicken Soups. I have a powder that I got and it has 14 g of Protein in each serving. They are not bad. They also make a cream of Tomato,

I say go for teh food u can eat. Keep it soft like eggs and crackers and crab would be great. My doc told me that at 4 weeks you are pretty well healed. I started eating all reg food after my month check up. You might want to try Soups too. It will get better. You have to eat or your body is gonna go in to starvation mode and save evey calorie.

I am 3 3/4 week out and am eating mushy foods. Peanut Butter, cream cheese, chicken salad, tuna salad, (both just with mayo). I love mashed potatoes made from califlower (? spelling) split pea Soup with ham, potato salad creamy potatoe soup, chili no meat. I have even had braunswager with cream cheese, eggs and corn beef hash, anything I can mush to nothing with my fork. I was told by doc to chew it until applesauce consist in mouth. I measure everything 4oz's only Hope this gives you some Ideas for foods.

Per doctor's orders, I use a baby spoon, a baby bowl, and a 5" plate. It's part of his training program to teach his patients what a bite size should be. I go back to work on Monday, and I will have these things with me, even if my co-workers give me garbage about it (a few will). Without these, I know that I would be taking too big a bite.

thanks for the suggestion i will try some of them.. right now i can handle cheese and crab...lol so i guess ill try adding one thing at a time and see how i do. otherwise...PROTEIN shakes HERE I COME!