Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question For Women With Large Breasts (sorry Fellas)

I am 3.5 months post-surgery and down approximately 60 pounds.

I started at a 42F, and could only wear one bra, Frederick's of Hollywood Smooth Sensations full-figure bra. I went down to a 40F pretty quickly at the beginning. I am now wearing the exact same bra, but I am wearing a 36F.

I am kind of surprised that my band size has changed so dramatically but I have lost NOTHING when it comes to cup size. Did you ladies lose cup size also? I seem to remember seeing lots of posts where women had lost their breasts with the weight loss.

I thought I was gonna finally be able to do the cute matching bras and panties sets.... guess not! It's rough to find things in a 36F.

Happy New Year everyone.

I hear you. I think this is one of those cases where every woman is different and it depends on how much fat has been stored in your breasts. I'm down about 30 lbs and I've noticed a small difference in my cup size but nothing significant yet. My mother and grandmother both were very.. ahem... buxom, so I don't expect to lose a ton of weight in that area.

I wear a 42H and I've had a lot of luck with the Magic Lift line by Glamorise. Supposedly they were designed specifically for women with large breasts so they have a unique structure.

I'm dreading the day that I have to shop for a new bra, because my size simply isn't stocked anywhere, so I have to guess and spend a fortune shipping them back and forth for exchanges...

My daughter had large breasts and lost alot of it. She had to have surgery on them after she finished her weight loss. But, like someone said, everyone is different.

I don't know about my cup size or my band size, but I'm pretty sure someone let the air out and deflated mine!! I don't want bigger or smaller ones, I just want them put back where they belong-not looking at the floor!!!

Hmmm... I guess everyone is different when it comes to that. I started at a 42 DD and now 3 months post-op I'm a 40 C

I started out as a 42DD. 60 lbs later I am a 38DD. My breast are not as full and alot of what fills the cup is loose skin. I think everyone is different... My problem is when I take my dance class... even the instructor remarked... Oh how cute.... your breasts shimmy too... ARRRGGG

Khy

@Khy.... ewwwwww! I can't believe your instructor said that! How freakin' rude! Mine seem a little softer, but are definitely still the same size and I don't have the loose gross skin yet, although I am sure that is coming soon.

I have lost band sizes from 42/44 to 36 but I'm still a DD and sometimes a DDD depending on the bra.

I just think everyone is different, I am pretty sure even in another 20lbs I will still need a D at least.

I have lost band sizes only. I think it also depends on how old you are. I am 56 and my breasts turned to fatty tissue about 5 years ago (according to my mammographer). I lost fullness on the tops of my breasts but they still are a D cup.

Oh, it never fails for me. The first 10 pounds I lose will be STRAIGHT out of my boobs. :( Cup size, band size...all of it. Coupla empty wallets bangin' on my knees is what they'll be. LOL Oh well. Smaller butt will be so worth it! ;)

Much like others have commented, I started with DD's and still remain a DD however in smaller band sizes.

However the perception of my friends is that I am loosing my boobs, I rack this up to the loss of padding underneath (ie spare tyre pushing them up) than actual breast size.

I have lost some cup size,,. but more than anything else they are saggy. DAmmit!

I was a 42H and now I am a 34G. I only went down a cup size so my boobs would still look big! I was so scared that they would shrink up and look like golf balls in a sock. They aren't perky like they once were pre babies but they still look mighty fine in a pretty bra!! May look at getting new boobs once I'm at goal weight!!