Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey y'all , I am 38 years old have been happily married since 1995. I have three children 19 girl, 16, boy, and 14 girl. I have mostly been a stay at home mom, but have went to college and had different jobs outside the home on occasion. I like to swim and be outdoors and I would rather mow than sweep or mop or really any household chore. I also love to read and play board games.I currently am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Elias Ortiz on April 25th.

Hello. I am two years out of gastric sleeve surgery and I am down 85 pounds and I have another 30 pounds to go. So this last 30 to 35 pounds has been a real struggle for me. Getting motivated to get out and exercise has always been a challenge for me. So I think that's where my biggest struggle is because if I could exercise on a regular basis I could get this extra weight off in no time. So any suggestions are welcome. I work a full-time job, i'm not an early morning person so exercising before work is not an option for me. I'm mentally exhausted when I come home from work because I do deal with quite a bit of mental stress at my job.

Hello all

Vicky here

I'm 6 weeks out and feeling great!!

I'm married and have a grown son, and 4 cats that are my babies I love them to death. I'm disabled and limited to what I can do so there fore I have gain 100 lbs since 2007. Gastric sleeve surgery was a life saver I've lost 45lbs and hopefully lose 70 more.

Thanks

Hi, my name's Emma.

I'm 42, married & have two beautiful daughters 17 & 20yrs old. I have an amazing husband & 2 gorgeous dogs that are my babies now my girls are growing up.

I'm 3days post gastric sleeve opp by Mr Samir Humadi.

I have always struggled with my weight & recently their has been a genetic link to auorta aneurism following 3 blood lines. I have been adviced that high blood pressure & obesity are a significant factor.

So, I've taken sever steps to regain my life & be safe!

Hi my name is Ashley, and I am 31 years old happily married to my DH since August 2011. He is a former Army member, so we have had our fair share of moving, but as of now we are living in Colorado Springs, with another move in the works to who knows where just yet. (He is retired but still likes to move around). We have 2 lovable 60 pound furbabies. I was diagnosed with PCOS after gaining 100 pounds following a foot surgery. We have been trying to expand our family since before we were married (when I thought I was at an OK weight of 170). I have always been overweight, but never obese until recently. I lost my mom at age 53 due to complications due to her being obese,smoking and eating bad foods. She weighed just over 300 pounds and was 5'3. I reached my highest weight at 289 pounds and I freaked out,not wanting to end up like my mom. I knew my days of being obese were numbered. My husband Jacob is completely supportive of all of my decisions I chose to make in the name of being healthy and happy. My mother in law on the other hand is less than helpful, ( she lives with us, for now.) She came out and said that I was taking the easy route and I should try different options and just try to lose weight that way. When she found out I had miscarried a few months ago, she just said its all for the best... Just want to smack her sometimes. Her negativity fuels my desire to rub it in her face when I finally succeed at losing weight and finally becoming a mother. Sorry its so long, that's just how this journey got started.

My name is Larry and I am almost 5 months post surgery (gastric sleeve) and have lost approximately 125 lbs. I decided to have wls after watching numbers like blood pressure, sugars, etc climb slowly and it began to concern me. I wanted to see my kids grow up.

I am 45, divorced with two kids and two dogs.

I'm here to hopefully connect with others who've gone through this journey.

I look forward to new people and new ideas

Larry

Hello everyone and hope you are all well!

My name is Cindy and I just joined the forum today. I am 51 years old and wish I had begun this process a long time ago. I have been overweight my whole life. I rarely dieted but did try 2-3 times to lose weight and the most I lost was 80 pounds before hitting the dreaded plateau that lasted for over a year resulting in me giving up of course. Giving up resulted in gaining back what I had lost.

I went for my consult January 29, 2015 and am still waiting for my insurance pre-certification. Long story short my doctors office dropped the ball and my time limit elapsed with my insurance. I am now seeing the nutritionist for 3 visits and will hopefully have the Gastric Sleeve in July-August. I have done tons of research and have gone to 3 support group meetings so far. I started at 331 in December 2014 and am now 303...figured I would try to get a jump start on the whole thing!

I have hypertension, high cholesterol and diabetes. I am doing this to save my life. I am doing this also because I was divorced and met the love of my life and we got married in 2012. I want to have a long life with him as we found each other so late in life. I want to be able to do more, shop more places and feel better with more energy.

I love the Water but never learned to swim, so that is a goal. I love being outdoors but can't dress coolly and that is another goal. There are too many to list here and I am sure you all understand.

I love to read, watch movies, play with my dogs, play with my step-sons, laugh and have fun with my husband. He is so supportive and has gone to my support group meetings with me. He tells me the same thing that he wants me around for a long time. I love to make jewelry at the basic level, crochet and learn things. I have had sedentary hobbies and I am looking forward to more active ones...lol

I will be back with questions I am sure and love to share so I will post as I go along.

Hi. My name is Keri and I just turned 36 a week ago. I've been married since 2003, and have 4 children ages 4, 5, 8, and 10. I have always been overweight. I was the fat friend in our group in elementary and junior high. In high school I was the fattest girl on our field hockey, soccer, and softball teams. But at least I was active and trying to control my weight. With college and adulthood I became sedentary. I sit at a desk for 8 hours, where the extent of my walking is to refill my Water or use the restroom.

I started jogging in 2013 in an attempt to get healthy and control my weight. As a result I have run a dozen 5ks and 2 10k. Unfortunately this spring my momentum to jog is seriously lacking due to a 15lb spike in my weight. I'm need to get back into it because I like where it puts me mood wise. In 2 weeks I'll be jogging the Tinkerbell 10k at Disneyland. I haven't trained as much as I'd like, but am still excited.

I just began the bariatric journey two weeks ago. So far I have attended a group info session and have my first meeting with the surgeon scheduled for the 13th. My husband is also along for this journey. His first meeting with the surgeon is this coming week.

Emotion wise I'm scared, excited, nervous, and anxious. I don't know how long the wait will be and it frustrates me! I'm a planner and need to know what lies ahead. But until then I'll be reading all I can to prepare for the journey ahead.

I go for a Seminar and my first appointment with the surgeon on May22. I have been researching both the Sleeve and Gastric Bypass. I already have eliminated the Lap Band. I want to be knowlegable about both procedures in case i am given a choice.

i have been spending a lot of time on the General Surgical Forums. Time to branch out on the Forums that are specific to one type of surgery.

Louise

I go for a Seminar and my first appointment with the surgeon on May22. I have been researching both the Sleeve and Gastric Bypass. I already have eliminated the Lap Band. I want to be knowlegable about both procedures in case i am given a choice.

i have been spending a lot of time on the General Surgical Forums. Time to branch out on the Forums that are specific to one type of surgery.

Louise

Hi Louise

I'm 3wks post Gastric Sleeve today.

I'll be 100% honest with you, it's hard, it's really hard. I'm struggling so bad with fitting in Water to stop dehydration, Protein Shake to aid healing & weightloss & mushy baby food.< /p>

I've had diharear since surgery.

If I attempt mince with mash the tiniest of mince meat pieces feels like a brick is hitting my stomach.

I can't say I regret surgery any more, like I did at the beginning, but I do wish I could eat proper healthy food just smaller portions. Oh and I'm Sooo thirsty & would love to gulp my water, but no, sip sip sip!

When I researched into the Sleeve I just heard how great it is, how amazing they all look etc etc.

I won't sugar coat it for you, the beginning of your journey will be tough.

But there are people to support you on here that are living the life so they really get it.

You are not alone, I promise you ok.

I'm happy to exchange email address with you or anybody else.

Research As Much As You Can!! Be sure!!

I live south of Houston in West Columbia. Straight down Hwy 35. I was born in Houston a longtime ago. LOL I am planning on having a Gastric Bypass this summer. I have an appointment with a doctor in Houston at the end of this month. Dr. Nowzaradan has his office in Bellaire. He is on the TLC Channel and performs Bariatric surgery on people weighing over 600 lbs. I'm praying that my insurance will cover mine. If not, I'll be heading to Mexico. I AM SO READY FOR THIS!!!!!

Hello fellow losers! :lol:

My name is Donna. I will turn 60 in a couple of weeks. OLD!!!! I am a retired R.N. I have been obese since I as 5 y/o. Was put on my 1st diet when I was 9 y/o. Got a "Molina" Lap band back in 1993, which helped for about 2 years. I lost and regained 100#. I have heard that a lot of people have had problems with Dr. Molina's procedure. :(

I am 4'11" and weigh almost 250 big ones. Bigger around than I am tall. :o

I am getting a sleeve as soon as the money is saved and I can get to Tijuana from Houston, TX; hopefully, early summer. Dr. Elias Ortiz will perform my Gastric Sleeve Revision.

I'm not married...for now. :rolleyes: I have 2 beautiful daughters, 5 awesome grandchildren and 1 precious great grandson. I have a lot to live for and I'm ready to become a big loser!!

Hi Donna! You live in Houston too? That is where I am. :)

NW Houston here! I have both Medicare and UHC Supplimental Insurance. I attend a Seminar and have a consultatin with Dr Dexter Turnquest on May 22. I am researching both bypass & the sleeve in case I have a choice.

Louise

Pamzie85

I'm also UK.

I was self paid sleeved on the 14th April by Mr Humadi at the Princess Margaret Windsor.

I'm Michelle, 44 years young, mother of 2 wonderful young men, 20 & 13, wife to an amazingly supportive husband and all around fire-cracker!

I was sleeved on March 18th, 2015 and never regretted one moment of it like some do in the beginning.

I've met friends since and we even decided to start our own Facebook group where we can just be ourselves, be motivated, inspired and educated as well.

It's for both post & pre-op
You're more welcome to share this to let others know also.