Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi..... I love this supprt group... Whatever I read is knowledge, experiences that people share is learning for me.... Every post is like a blast of information and I have learnt so much from every member here....

Wonderful idea of sharing stories about who we are....my nick is (cloud nine be mine) I'm 29 year old single, when ppl ask me how did you get fat or when.... I can't say anything, as much as I remember I have always been on the heavier side.... Obese or overweight is where I have mostly fluctuated, I'm 240 pounds once around 2 years back I started with a low carb diet which I did it for a year and lost 44 pounds.... I got busy with college and submissions, very conveniently the weight came back on. I don't remember a day In my life where I never thought of my weight, the calories in a meal and how I should be working out instead of sitting. The yo-yo have all been done and fallen of the wagon.... I made a silent promise to myself I wanna be in shape when I turn 30, I wanna be at my lowest weight I have even been and wear the most flattering jeans and go sit in a bar and be hit on ☺️

I have never had a guy approach me or asked for a dance, I want all the to change.... 29 years of my life have gone by feeling sad and inferior about myself.... It's gotta change.... This really seems like THE TIME

I can't say I have done my thorough study like many of you have....I m a doctor and all of what I know seems fine.... I want to take the "leap of faith"

You guys think I should?

My next post will be when me and my doctor decides the day to turn me all new ????

Xoxo

Hi..... I love this supprt group... Whatever I read is knowledge, experiences that people share is learning for me.... Every post is like a blast of information and I have learnt so much from every member here....

Wonderful idea of sharing stories about who we are....my nick is (cloud nine be mine) I'm 29 year old single, when ppl ask me how did you get fat or when.... I can't say anything, as much as I remember I have always been on the heavier side.... Obese or overweight is where I have mostly fluctuated, I'm 240 pounds once around 2 years back I started with a low carb diet which I did it for a year and lost 44 pounds.... I got busy with college and submissions, very conveniently the weight came back on. I don't remember a day In my life where I never thought of my weight, the calories in a meal and how I should be working out instead of sitting. The yo-yo have all been done and fallen of the wagon.... I made a silent promise to myself I wanna be in shape when I turn 30, I wanna be at my lowest weight I have even been and wear the most flattering jeans and go sit in a bar and be hit on ☺️

I have never had a guy approach me or asked for a dance, I want all the to change.... 29 years of my life have gone by feeling sad and inferior about myself.... It's gotta change.... This really seems like THE TIME

I can't say I have done my thorough study like many of you have....I m a doctor and all of what I know seems fine.... I want to take the "leap of faith"

You guys think I should?

My next post will be when me and my doctor decides the day to turn me all new ????

Xoxo

You guys think I should?

Xoxo

You guys think I should?

Xoxo

You guys think I should?

Xoxo

You guys think I should?

Xoxo

I AM DORA WATSON, 63 YEAR OF AGE. I STARTED MY JOURNEY WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS SURGERIES IN 2009. I HAD THE LAPBAND AND DID VERY WELL FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS LOOSING APPROX. 60 LBS. BUT BEGAN BECOMING VERY SICK . I WAS TOLD, BY MY SURGEON, THAT IT NEEDED TO COME OUT, BUT I CHOSE TO CONTINUE TO WORK WITH IT FOR A WHILE, BUT IN JULY, 2013 I HAD IT REMOVED AND HAD THE GASTRIC SLEEVE SURGERY. I FEEL LIKE MY NEW STOMACH IS MY BEST FRIEND. PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER STRUGGLED WITH WEIGHT ISSUES WOULD THINK, WHAT A SILLY STATEMENT, BUT THAT IS THE WAY I FEEL. MY WEIGHT HISTORY HAS BEEN 264 LBS.IN 2006 BEFORE ANY WEIGHT SURGERIES, AND AT PRESENT I AM AT 178. I STILL WANT TO LOOSE ANOTHER 20 TO 25 LBS, BUT I FEEL GREAT. I AM SO GLAD THAT I HAVE FOUND BARIATRIC PAL AND LOOK FORWARD TO GREAT WEIGHT LOSS STORIES AND EVEN ENCOURAGING HELPS WHEN THINGS START BECOME A LITTLE HARD. EVEYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY.

I am a mother, wife, sister, daughter, aunt, and a friend.

My name is Christie and I am 36. I love the outdoors and love camping. My husband and I are best friends and had fourteen great years together before my daughter came along. We were together for seven years and then married seven more before she came and I only tell you this because when we first got married I was determined to get pregnant, if you told me to go walk a tight rope and that would get me pregnant, I would have taken my fat butt to the tight rope and walked it from here to tim-buck-too! The doctors all told me that because of my weight I would never be pregnant, but that was not God's plan. I have learned a lot about his plan and how only he will make it known. Patience is a hard lesson to learn. My daughter is now six and I am still in love with her, but something hit me very strongly recently that made me realize that if I do not make a change, I may not be here to see her get older.

I have spent almost 16 years as a 911 telecommunicator and can say that I absolutely without a doubt love my job! (now that does not mean that I don't have a bad day here or there and wonder, "what the heck am I doing?") however I truly enjoy coming to work.

Hi I'm Lori. Just joined today!

I am a Christian and truly trust in God's plan and timing for my life. Prayer is as essential to me as breathing!

I'm David's wife of 6 years - been together 10. Mom to Celia, Tanya and Tabitha, Nana to Autumn, Alexis, Addison and Braedon. Love my job as a switchboard operator at a hospital, been there 10 years! David and I love to take rides our Honda Goldwing when the weather allows and we spend most of our weekends off just enjoying the beauty of Michigan! My hobbies include walking, reading and spending time with my family. I love purple, dislike pink and cannot imagine a world with out coffee... Yes I know I'll have to give up caffeine for a few weeks. Fortunately I've found a decent tasting Decaf to get me through! Life is a gift. I am here because I do not want to let my health and/or weight issues hold be back from enjoying life to its fullest. :D

Brand newbie here! Had VSG on 1/12/15 and already feel a million times better!

I'm Melanie, I live in Plymouth, MA (thing pilgrims and turkeys). I'm married to St. Jeff (26 years) and have two amazing children - T is 18 (freshman in college, how the heck did that happen?) and P is 12. I work as an event/meeting planner and have had the good fortune to travel all of the world with the job. Travel is my passion!

I began this journey on my 50th birthday. Wish I had done it 10 years ago!

I'm a 44 year old wife, mother, sister, aunt, and friend. I had roux en y on May 7, 2013, at St. Vincent, Carmel. My highest weight was 281. My current weight 169. I went from a size 22 to a 12. I felt like I was where I wanted to be. It's the smallest I've ever been. But, according to the BMI chart, I'm still overweight. So, I think I'm going to shoot for 150 lbs. That will put me near the top of the normal range on the BMI chart. Wish me luck. My husband is my hero, my best friend, my biggest cheerleader, my rock, and my soul mate. My two boys are the light of my life. I am ecstatic with my weight loss. I'm glad I chose this path. No regrets. I'd do it again. Yes, I struggled at first. It's very hard to learn everything new and to not mess up - whether it be by accident or on purpose. I hate exercise but I've started walking (inside because I live in west central Indiana and it's cold). I'm trying to get the nerve to go to a Zumba class. I am a food addict and I struggle with that every day. I'm trying to get back on track and this app is helping me a lot. It's my new Facebook. LOL. I love catching a glimpse in the store glass or passing by a mirror. I am still surprised that it's really me. LOL.