Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I AM BATMAN! sorry I couldnt help it :)

Lol !

I am 21 years old. Full time college student studying marketing and full time worker. Not yet sleeved, give me a couple weeks (June 18th) . Have had weight problems entire life and will be going to the same doctor who did my mothers gastric bypass when I was in elementary school. Barely have time for myself between my two jobs and school so finally taking the time to start to get healthy. I'm not getting any younger :)

Wow....this is such an awesome thread!! I'm 40 yrs old' date=' live in Louisiana, and my occupation is police officer. I guess like alot of other officers, I ate alot to cope with the stress....I tell my friends the things I've seen and situations i've been in, and I don't think they believe me sometimes. Everybody thinks that officers are one big family...well maybe if you're skinny...I haven't seen it and I've been a cop for awhile now. I've been asked by thin people to have my picture taken with them...i always turn them down because I know that they want to put it up on their FB wall and make fun of the fat cop. But all that will end soon...my surgery date is June 19th!!!![/quote']

Congratulations on making such a life changing decision. Good luck on your journey and thank you for doing what you do =)

Hi everyone. My name is Mike, I am 37, married and father to 2 beautiful little girls. I am I the early stages of this journey, my first information session was on May 21st. I have my nurses appointment on June 19th (also the day of my oldest daughter's kindergarten graduation! :) ), I am hoping that it is going to be a great day in more than one way. I have struggled my weight for most of my life, every time that I thought that I finally was on the right track I would wind up putting everything that I have lost plus some back on. I have been interested in looking into WSL but always too nervous to look into it. After getting on the scale and seeing that I am now the heaviest I have ever been, it really got me starting to think about me and my family. If I kept going down the same road, I would not be there to see my girls grow up, or grow old with my wife. I was so excited after finally going to one of the informational session on WLS, I know that I have finally found that best solution for me. If all goes well I am hoping to have my surgery this fall. This site has been excellent not only for all of them information, but also the inspirational stories. Good luck to all of the pre/post sleevers!

Hi everyone. My name is Mike, I am 37, married and father to 2 beautiful little girls. I am I the early stages of this journey, my first information session was on May 21st. I have my nurses appointment on June 19th (also the day of my oldest daughter's kindergarten graduation! :) ), I am hoping that it is going to be a great day in more than one way. I have struggled my weight for most of my life, every time that I thought that I finally was on the right track I would wind up putting everything that I have lost plus some back on. I have been interested in looking into WSL but always too nervous to look into it. After getting on the scale and seeing that I am now the heaviest I have ever been, it really got me starting to think about me and my family. If I kept going down the same road, I would not be there to see my girls grow up, or grow old with my wife. I was so excited after finally going to one of the informational session on WLS, I know that I have finally found that best solution for me. If all goes well I am hoping to have my surgery this fall. This site has been excellent not only for all of them information, but also the inspirational stories. Good luck to all of the pre/post sleevers!

hi Mike congrates it will be the best decision you ever made. I am so excited for you ! :D good luck and god bless.

Congratulations on making such a life changing decision. Good luck on your journey and thank you for doing what you do =)

Way to go hun a decision you wont regret. Those whom poke fun at well people can be nasty but shows their true self and aren't that happy so they pick on others to feel better. Shame they were raised so poorly. I am so happy for you I am only a month post op. but have already lost 37 lbs. so you go for it. keep us posted.

I am 21 years old. Full time college student studying marketing and full time worker. Not yet sleeved, give me a couple weeks (June 18th) . Have had weight problems entire life and will be going to the same doctor who did my mothers gastric bypass when I was in elementary school. Barely have time for myself between my two jobs and school so finally taking the time to start to get healthy. I'm not getting any younger :)

no but you are still young so should come off quickly. just remember lots of Water and walking. and you will do great. good luck.

Hello, my name is Ted and I am 44 years old and live outside of Shreveport Louisiana. I have been married for 13 wonderful years and we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I tend to be the kid of the family. I enjoy doing things outside, but especially my flower gardens and yardwork. Yes, I am a sick individual who enjoys yardwork....but only mine. I also enjoy grilling alot. My wife and I have both decided to take the plunge into Gastric Sleeve weight loss and we are very excited about the potential new life. It won't be easy, but in the end, it will be well worth it and I for one, can't wait.

Hi, my name is Mark. I am 53 years old and live in western Wisconsin. Been married for 33 years to my high-school sweetheart and we have 4 wonderful kids. We are now to the point where we are being blessed with grandchildren. I have always been overweight, with a few more pounds coming each year since my wife is such a good cook and well, we do live in Wisconsin, always one of the heaviest states..... you know, where a diet is usually one less bratwurst and lite beers. Anyway, I have had no physical issues except for some sore joints so it wasn't due to existing medical reasons that I sought this out. The primary reason is my family and grandkids. I had such a great childhood with my grandfathers and my kids were blessed with two grandfathers that were very involved in their lives. My oldest daughter had a beautiful baby last year and within a few months she lost her other grandfather as well as her step-grandfather. I realized I am the only grandpa she is going to have and it really hit me that I had to make sure I was going to be around to dance at her wedding. My youngest daughter had bypass surgery 18 months ago and the changes in her are amazing. I know I will get all kinds of support from my family. I'm sure I will wish I did this 20 years ago, but better late than never. Now, on with the show!

I am a grandma too.You will be so happy you did this no matter how old. Iam only 5 weeks out. but have lost 40Lbs. so far.

Hello' date=' my name is Ted and I am 44 years old and live outside of Shreveport Louisiana. I have been married for 13 wonderful years and we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I tend to be the kid of the family. I enjoy doing things outside, but especially my flower gardens and yardwork. Yes, I am a sick individual who enjoys yardwork....but only mine. I also enjoy grilling alot. My wife and I have both decided to take the plunge into Gastric Sleeve weight loss and we are very excited about the potential new life. It won't be easy, but in the end, it will be well worth it and I for one, can't wait.[/quote']

Hi Ted. Best of luck to you & your wife on your journey. I am originally from your neck in the woods-- live in SETexas now but grew up in Minden

Hi my name is Allison .I am 48 years old. Most people do not realize I heavy I am because I CROP all my photos not to show my body anymore:-(

I have been to see the surgeon once ( May 22nd) I go back to him on ( July 26th, 2012) I have had one Appt with the Dietician last week, and have one more with her that I know of on July 1, 2012. My Phys Appt is scheduled for next friday June 14th @ 2 pm. Was told that takes about two hours? My BMI is 35 but I also have hypertension HPB. I am 5'3 and weigh 196-198 lbs back and forth! How my weight got in trouble was several years ago, I got sick, Dr's put me on prednisone for four months STRAIGHT! I went from 118 lbs and a size 8 to a size 18 my current. I am miserable and tried dieting with no success. This is why I have come to ask for help thru surgery. Praying this all works out for me. If it does my Surgeon said we could shoot for as early as the last week in July? I am also on Medicare, just got back on my CHANTEX t stop smoking for second time. PRAYING I can get all the requirements done asap Here is a photo so you can see more than just my face. I am too heavy for my height and so tired all the times. I cannot do so many things due to the weight. I am ready for a change and a healthier me, so I can enjoy life once again Nice to meet everyone.

Hi my name is Allison .I am 48 years old. Most people do not realize I heavy I am because I CROP all my photos not to show my body anymore:-(

I have been to see the surgeon once ( May 22nd) I go back to him on ( July 26th' date=' 2012) I have had one Appt with the Dietician last week, and have one more with her that I know of on July 1, 2012. My Phys Appt is scheduled for next friday June 14th @ 2 pm. Was told that takes about two hours? My BMI is 35 but I also have hypertension HPB. I am 5'3 and weigh 196-198 lbs back and forth! How my weight got in trouble was several years ago, I got sick, Dr's put me on prednisone for four months STRAIGHT! I went from 118 lbs and a size 8 to a size 18 my current. I am miserable and tried dieting with no success. This is why I have come to ask for help thru surgery. Praying this all works out for me. If it does my Surgeon said we could shoot for as early as the last week in July? I am also on Medicare, just got back on my CHANTEX t stop smoking for second time. PRAYING I can get all the requirements done asap Here is a photo so you can see more than just my face. I am too heavy for my height and so tired all the times. I cannot do so many things due to the weight. I am ready for a change and a healthier me, so I can enjoy life once again Nice to meet everyone.[/quote']

Welcome Allison! I hope you find connections and a lot of helpful information on this site. I surely have.

I am brand new to this website. Looks to be exactly what I need. I am a 57 year old retired game warden of 20 +years. Yes, my job kept me active but years of eating on the run, patrolling and sitting for hours upon hours took its toll on my weight gradually over the years. It was embarassing year after year to request larger size uniforms from the Quarter Master to fit me. I would always lose 10 pounds in yhe Spring and Fall because of