Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 48, army brat, married (2005), no children and have 3 dogs and a cat. Love reading, traveling and going to the dog park (so many dogs, so little time ). Favorite comedians are Kathleen Madigan and Gabriel Englesias. Generally pretty liberal; have friends from all walks of life. Have a somewhere techy job; been with the same company for over 13 years and generally like it. I like food (duh)...Korean, Thai, Ethiopian, pretty much everything. Like to cook (my mom says I'm good at it lol). Think life should be an adventure.

Shel in Kansas - Sleeved 5/21/13

Hi, I'm Dan. I'm 53, married with two kids in college. I work in a sedentary job, Information Technology, so have to be extra careful to move during the day. I can get so wrapped up in projects that I've been known to sit for 4 hours or longer without ever getting out of the chair. Or I had until I had a blood clot just over a year ago. (Yet another wake up call there.) I've had weight issues since childhood. About 6 years back I lost over 150 lbs on Weight Watchers, but as soon as I quit watching the weight started sneaking back on. Before I got to the point I had been, I finally started listening to my doctors and I looked into WLS. The surgeon convinced me that VSG was the best option for my life and the lifestyle I WANTED to have.

I had the surgery May 1st. I was down about 30 pounds at that point, and am down just over 85 lbs since starting the pre-op preparation/diet.

I have a long way to go, but I am within 30 pounds of the point I had lost too in 2007. From there, it is regaining weights from various times in my past and improving my life along with it. My wife and I used to hike and camp a lot when we first got together. We have started weekly outside walks in the last month and working out at a gym four or five of the other days of the week. We usually give ourselves a day or two to let these older muscles and tendons rest and heal. Our goal is to be able to hike like we did 30 years ago, even if not at the same pace.

I'm feeling great. Much more positive than I have felt in years, and more importantly, I'm concentrating on learning how best to use this tool to make me, if not the man I used to be, a much closer cut to that man.

I'm looking for a group that I can communicate with and gain support. I attend the one local support group in this area on a monthly basis, but I find I'm much more successful if I can interact on a more frequent basis. I'm hoping to find a group or groups that fit my needs/humor on this site.

I am 6 months out and am 96 lbs down since surgery, can I get a woot woot??!!!!

Hi my name is Wes and I am a 50 year old (as of today) married man of 24 years with a 17 year old daughter. I have been fat most of my life. After having the fifth left metatarsal bone cap (that's the left pinkie toe knuckle for the unknowing out there) removed on March 19th,2013, it became increasingly clear to me that at 485 lbs the rest of the years I have left to live were going to be miserable and full of pain. I waited until I was healed from that surgery and went to Dr. Barry Greene Advanced weight loss surgery seminar and set up an appointment to go see him. So on May 30th 2013 I started the process. When I started I was 465 lbs and am now down to 435 lbs and hopefully I will have the sleeve surgery by the end of August. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Hi there, I'm Alene. I am 48 years old I do not have any children except for the four legged kind. I live with 2 dogs and a wonderful boyfriend. I work in our local hospital as an EEG technician doing brain wave testing. I had the lapband then put in in 2007 and it was horrible I was miserable most of the time with the food getting stuck and so my surgeon suggested that I get the gastric sleeve surgery. I went in for surgery October 2012 to have the revision and when I woke up from anesthesia my surgeon told me there was no way he could do the gastric sleeve surgery because the band had damaged my stomach and we would have to wait 6 months to try again. So I waited 9 months and had the surgery two and a half weeks ago (7-8-13) my highest weight before surgery was 276 lbs, my surgery weight was 268 and I am now 250 but I've been in a stall for the last 5 days. I'm so happy to have found this site it has helped me tremendously and I can't wait to one day show my before and after photos!!! My goal weight is 140 lbs but if I get to 170, I know, I'll be very happy . :-D

I am Linda aka(butterfly1974) 54 years old. Married for 39 years to a wonderful man. We have 4 children' date=' 8 grands and 3 great grands. I work full time at the local newspaper. I have struggled with weight since I was in my 20's. It kept getting higher and higher till my Dr. suggested the sleeve. I had surgery 6 months ago 10/22/12 and have lost 105. I am not done yet. I just found this site again so I will be posting here from time to time.[/quote']

Omg, Congrats for your 195 lost !!!! I got sleeved on July 12, 2013 and have los already 12 pounds, I have few days I have not lse anything, is his normal? How did you lose so much in six months, please advise... Blessings

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hello, I'm Courtney. I am 26 and a stay at home mom of 2(ages 4 and 2.5). I just had my surgery on July 23 and am still pretty uncomfortable from gas pains. I haven't really tried to eat and am focusing on just trying to get enough liquid which is proving difficult. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 7 years and we love doing things outside with our children. I am very active in one of the largest playgroups here in Jacksonville, FL. My husband is military so we move a lot! Nice to meet you all :)

Hello! I am Katie, a single mom of two boys (7 and 3). I'm a full time grad student getting my MSW, and I love every minute of it. I am divorced and am getting used to life without my husband, and am so happy I have decided to make this change in my life. I am having surgery August 12 which gives me one week before my final year of grad school starts. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm excited to have found a source of support online since weight isn't a problem for anyone else in my family (I'm adopted). I believe I deserve to be happy and healthy; it has taken a long time for that to happen but I'm glad it has. :)

Hello, my name is Ayesha. I am 42 with 3 children. I am a single parent with an associates degree in human services and currently taking my bachelors in psychology. I had my sleeve done July 9th 2013, and im 2 1/2 wks out and 30 lbs lighter. I love walks and being in the park, listening to music especially live in the park. I am moving to Atlanta next summer after my 1 yr checkup. I have been unhappy with my weight since i was 27 when i had my 3rd and last child. I am so happy to finally have the sleeve done and losing the weight i been struggling with.

Hello! I am Katie' date=' a single mom of two boys (7 and 3). I'm a full time grad student getting my MSW, and I love every minute of it. I am divorced and am getting used to life without my husband, and am so happy I have decided to make this change in my life. I am having surgery August 12 which gives me one week before my final year of grad school starts. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm excited to have found a source of support online since weight isn't a problem for anyone else in my family (I'm adopted). I believe I deserve to be happy and healthy; it has taken a long time for that to happen but I'm glad it has. :)[/quote']

Congrats Kim, firvyour upcoming surgery, I was sleeved on July 12, 2013 and love every day that pass by.... Blessings

Hello' date=' I'm Courtney. I am 26 and a stay at home mom of 2(ages 4 and 2.5). I just had my surgery on July 23 and am still pretty uncomfortable from gas pains. I haven't really tried to eat and am focusing on just trying to get enough liquid which is proving difficult. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 7 years and we love doing things outside with our children. I am very active in one of the largest playgroups here in Jacksonville, FL. My husband is military so we move a lot! Nice to meet you all :)[/quote']

nice meeting you Courtney I was sleeved on July 12, 2013. welcome !

I am a 43 year old from Northern California. I haven't had surgery yet and am trying to decide if its right for me. I am hoping to find out what the best and worst part of the surgery was, the risk factors and benefits. I have done the seminar and consultation but wantnanreal person point of view not the Dr. Knowledge is power!

Like most of the post I have read, I am not alone. My weight mainly is a product of my asthma issues. I'm allergic to about everything that grows in my area but catch 22 as my parents get older i don't want to leave. So I do shots for allergies, steroid shots when they get to bad, inhalers that have steriods and that has cause other issues.

I am looking forward to the day I can reach my goal, running a half marathon.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Fairly new to the site, but I am a 36 year old, happily married mother of 4, live in Mesa, AZ. I work, go to school, and know I need this surgery to save my life. I have sleep apnea, HB, and after all the requirements, I got my approval a few weeks ago. I start my 2 week liquid pre-op diet on Aug 5 after my pre-op testing, which requires me to fast so I won't officially get anything to eat or drink until after my testing. August 19th is my surgery date, and being performed by Dr. Juarez at St. Luke's in PHX and I'm excited and scared. I'm so ready for this new chapter in my life, I love this site, since I've only chosen to share with my husband, kids, 2 closest friends and favorite cousin, this site had helped me see others experiences and things to look for and avoid. I'm counting the days to be part of the sleeved family!

Fairly new to the site' date=' but I am a 36 year old, happily married mother of 4, live in Mesa, AZ. I work, go to school, and know I need this surgery to save my life. I have sleep apnea, HB, and after all the requirements, I got my approval a few weeks ago. I start my 2 week liquid pre-op diet on Aug 5 after my pre-op testing, which requires me to fast so I won't officially get anything to eat or drink until after my testing. August 19th is my surgery date, and being performed by Dr. Juarez at St. Luke's in PHX and I'm excited and scared. I'm so ready for this new chapter in my life, I love this site, since I've only chosen to share with my husband, kids, 2 closest friends and favorite cousin, this site had helped me see others experiences and things to look for and avoid. I'm counting the days to be part of the sleeved family![/quote']

good luck and welcome to the family!