Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thinnerdaysahead - Many heartfelt thanks for your lovely sentiments. I hope you are healthy and happy and getting everything you deserve from life. I needed your sentiments today. Thank you.

You are so welcome. We all need to support each other. Many of us cannot speak about this to some friends and family because they don't understand and have very staunch views about weight. To me, it's like if you are gay your are born that way, if you have health issues that lead or prevent you from losing weight - you were born that way. Thank God for this site where we can find support and good tips.

Hello. I am having my sleeve on July 8th 2013. One more week!!!!! I am a bit nervous. I have several friends and family that are supporting me. I have some family that wants to come and see me after my surgery in the hospital. Can anyone tell me what it is like after surgery? Will I want to have any visitors?

Hello. I am having my sleeve on July 8th 2013. One more week!!!!! I am a bit nervous. I have several friends and family that are supporting me. I have some family that wants to come and see me after my surgery in the hospital. Can anyone tell me what it is like after surgery? Will I want to have any visitors?

I had mine one week ago today (Wed) and I specifically asked everyone NOT to come and I think it was a good choice. I was in pain and/or on pain meds for the day of surgery, so as soon as I got a room assignment, my family said hi and bye, and left.

Thursday was spent taking meds, going to xray for my swallow/leak test, walking with the physical therapist and nurses, trying to pee several times when they removed the catheter (if you don't pee, you don't go home...and I can't pee on command, lol), sleeping between nurses waking you up for vitals and shots,, and getting fluids down--learning to sip properly, meeting with the nutritionist...plus I had a very sore throat from all the tubes etc in there during the surgery.....oh and I had an IV and blood draw port in my neck because I was already dehydrating before surgery and they could not get a good vein in my arms!

Friday, I met with the psychologist, nutritionist, physical therapist and then the dr who wrote the discharge orders. Then I called my friend to pick me up. I had very little time to socialize, and not getting a shower or feeling quite right, I did not even WANT to see anyone until after I got home, showered, got some real sleep....so much nicer receiving friends at home instead. :-)

That is just my experience, it is different for everyone. My recovery is going very well with very little pain, I am very lucky! I am sore you will do very week too! Best of luck, keep us posted!

Chefrod2: I had the sleeve done as well as hiatel hernia removal/repair, and gallbladder removal....

I had mine one week ago today (Wed) and I specifically asked everyone NOT to come and I think it was a good choice. I was in pain and/or on pain meds for the day of surgery' date=' so as soon as I got a room assignment, my family said hi and bye, and left.

Thursday was spent taking meds, going to xray for my swallow/leak test, walking with the physical therapist and nurses, trying to pee several times when they removed the catheter (if you don't pee, you don't go home...and I can't pee on command, lol), sleeping between nurses waking you up for vitals and shots,, and getting fluids down--learning to sip properly, meeting with the nutritionist...plus I had a very sore throat from all the tubes etc in there during the surgery.....oh and I had an IV and blood draw port in my neck because I was already dehydrating before surgery and they could not get a good vein in my arms!

Friday, I met with the psychologist, nutritionist, physical therapist and then the dr who wrote the discharge orders. Then I called my friend to pick me up. I had very little time to socialize, and not getting a shower or feeling quite right, I did not even WANT to see anyone until after I got home, showered, got some real sleep....so much nicer receiving friends at home instead. :-)

That is just my experience, it is different for everyone. My recovery is going very well with very little pain, I am very lucky! I am sore you will do very week too! Best of luck, keep us posted![/quote']

The end was supposed to say " I am sure you will do very well too" lol

Chefrod2 -

I think it depends on the person. Last week, I was sleeved on Thursday early am. My husband was with me and my initial feelings were that I did not want anyone around. At about 6 pm, I was feeling bad that my husband had been there so long and thought he needed a break. My best friend dropped by (she is a supportive, open minded person) and spent an hour just chatting with me about everything BUT the surgery.

At times this surgery and the pre-op process can be isolating. I found it helpful, dare I say therapeutic, to have some people over and visit this week that just want to talk about normal things. Get me out of what my mother often refers to in others as "Patient Mode".

If you do choose to have visitors, I would suggest erring on the side of less people, shorter visits, and selecting people who understand that the visits need to be on your schedule.

I am wishing you the best for your surgery. Follow the rules, ask questions, stay positive. I am certain you will do well.

tc

Thanks for your support everyone. I guess i will pick and choose who I will want to see. I will ask them to stay away until i see how it is going.

Surely you are someone outside of your surgery and struggles with our weight. You have interests and dislikes and families- jobs and hobbies. And honestly- yes it is exciting to have this stool and to be on the journey- but hasn't there been enough focus all our lives on just our weight?

I know VST is dedicated to our VSG stories' date=' but I sort of think that who we are makes our VSG surgeries that much more meaningful.

So I'll go first...

I'm Danielle. I'm 27 and I have three sisters and one nephew. I am unmarried and have no children. I work full time running the office for a respiratory company. This semester I am also attending college full time via online classes. I'm now also trying to squeeze in going to the gym three times a week.

I suffer from PCOS and had this surgery to help increase my chances of having a family of my own one day.

I am a TOTAL girly girl! I love the color pink, I like Hello Kitty the way others like Betty Boop or Tinkerbell, and I HATE HATE HATE spiders! I'm not much of an outdoorsie person- my idea of roughing it is five girls and one bathroom. That being said I do love to garden and can't wait for spring.

I love anything to do with 16th century european history and am a total fanatical nut when it comes to Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I. My favorite movie and book of allllllllll time is Gone With the Wind. I love watching old movies with my mom- our favorites are Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, anything with Doris Day and the Tammy movies. We also make a point of watching A League of Their Own together whenever it is on tv. I'm close with my Dad but sometimes I feel like we don't have anything in common.

Prior to surgery I loved home cooked food! (Along with chinese and pizza hut haha) I still enjoy cooking for my family (One sister, my parents and I all live together for economic reasons) and resumed cooking them meals within a few days of coming home from the hospital. I have a dog, she is a chihuahua/yorkie mix. Her name is Gypsy and well... she is sort of a monster!! I <3 her tho!

Now it's your turn!! Tell us who you are![/quote']

My name is Dorothy I'm 61 and having my sleeve surgery on Monday Excited and nervous

Surely you are someone outside of your surgery and struggles with our weight. You have interests and dislikes and families- jobs and hobbies. And honestly- yes it is exciting to have this stool and to be on the journey- but hasn't there been enough focus all our lives on just our weight?

I know VST is dedicated to our VSG stories' date=' but I sort of think that who we are makes our VSG surgeries that much more meaningful.

So I'll go first...

I'm Danielle. I'm 27 and I have three sisters and one nephew. I am unmarried and have no children. I work full time running the office for a respiratory company. This semester I am also attending college full time via online classes. I'm now also trying to squeeze in going to the gym three times a week.

I suffer from PCOS and had this surgery to help increase my chances of having a family of my own one day.

I am a TOTAL girly girl! I love the color pink, I like Hello Kitty the way others like Betty Boop or Tinkerbell, and I HATE HATE HATE spiders! I'm not much of an outdoorsie person- my idea of roughing it is five girls and one bathroom. That being said I do love to garden and can't wait for spring.

I love anything to do with 16th century european history and am a total fanatical nut when it comes to Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I. My favorite movie and book of allllllllll time is Gone With the Wind. I love watching old movies with my mom- our favorites are Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, anything with Doris Day and the Tammy movies. We also make a point of watching A League of Their Own together whenever it is on tv. I'm close with my Dad but sometimes I feel like we don't have anything in common.

Prior to surgery I loved home cooked food! (Along with chinese and pizza hut haha) I still enjoy cooking for my family (One sister, my parents and I all live together for economic reasons) and resumed cooking them meals within a few days of coming home from the hospital. I have a dog, she is a chihuahua/yorkie mix. Her name is Gypsy and well... she is sort of a monster!! I <3 her tho!

Now it's your turn!! Tell us who you are![/quote']

Silly question. Not being tech savvy, where do you get the BMI ticker from?

My name is Jill I have 3 older brothers and an older sister. I am the youngest. I have a lot of nieces and nephews. I lost my parents by the time I was 29. I love and still miss them today. I am married for 18 years and have one beautiful 13 year old daughter named after my mother.

Career wise I am a Social Worker and work for the County I live in as a Children's Services worker. I work along side CPS.

Silly question. Not being tech savvy' date=' where do you get the BMI ticker from?[/quote']

On your profile, there is a drop down where you can select tickers....I can only do it from my computer though, not my phone app......

Ok three weeks out and get to start my stage 2. It says I can have canned tuna/chicken, ground meats, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, Peanut Butter etc

Anyone else eat canned chicken 21 days out? It scares me.