Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery & Shakes?

ive tried several Protein Drinks in the past. my last one i tried is Isopure already made. i took 1 sip & had amazing gas pains & became nauseous! i threw up earlier because of an antibiotic pill i was prescribed (i always get sick from them).

so.. what do i do? i havent had any Protein & i dont want to become malnurished. i have powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury but have yet to taste it. i will after my tummy settles...

did anyone go through their liquid stage with no protein?

what are your favorite shakes? what are the worst shakes?

Right now (pre-op) I really like the Premier chocolate shakes from costco (pre-made with 30g protein) but I've heard from a lot of people that things you liked before surgery you won't like after, so we'll see :) Do you have any of the unflavored Protein powder from unjury? I've heard people mix that in with their Water or other liquids to get Protein if they can't tolerate the shakes.< /p>

Good luck - hope you find something that can keep down!

really? im scared to taste test! too much money! :(

I use the unflaovred Isopure with Water. I put in Crystal Light fruit punch and it is actually really good. I was having problems as first too.

Hi Honey, I was wondering how you are doing....I used the GNC Wheybolic AMP powder in chocolate. I also do the double Protein milk (non-fat dry milk powder and 1% milk). I havent gotten in a 60 grams yet, but I am trying, you keep trying too, the protein is the most important part.

hi jasleeve

so sorry you're going through these problems.

I drink unjury vanilla. i think its good. But everyones taste is different.

i know on the computer you can go to different sites like Unjury and get sample flavors. Once i find something i like (like the vanilla injury) i stick to it, and don't experiment. But on the other hand, since we're only talking about samples - maybe trying a variety wouldn't be bad

keybold64, good idea about mixing unflavored Protein shake (i.e. injury) with Water or chrystal lite or any other liquid like that.

That way its not so thick and you might be able to tolerate the Protein Drink better, cuz of course you MUST get your Protein it.

hope others respond with more suggestion

keep on keepon - you'll make it

sending good wishes

kathy

i havent drank any Protein at all :(

Hi Honey, I was wondering how you are doing....I used the GNC Wheybolic AMP powder in chocolate. I also do the double protein milk (non-fat dry milk powder and 1% milk). I havent gotten in a 60 grams yet, but I am trying, you keep trying too, the protein is the most important part.

jasleeve....I got the starter kit from unjury....the chocalate mixed with 2% milk tastes like chocalte milk, you should really try it. The premier from Cosco or Sams Club is also pretty good. Good luck.

I also like the Premier Protein ready to drink shakes from costco. I like their vanilla much better than the vanilla powder mixes I have tried so far. And, they are a good price! I think we pay about $25 for 18 11oz shakes. I like that they are ready to go and do not have to be refrigerated.

The bariatric coordinator told me to take only 15g Protein at once so one of those shakes is good for two portions of protein.

Jasleeve, I think you should go get some of the chicken unjury and some plain so you can mix with the Clear Liquids like juice. You can't go without your protein. Maybe it is too soon for the "shake" type and you can concentrate on clear?

I am on Clear Liquids until Sunday, so far no problems after day one and day two.

Several of the nutrition stores (gnc?) will take back even opened product you don't like, which helps if you have to experiment. It may help for you to make your shakes thinner at this point - that may go down easier.

You might also experiment with hot / cold. My daily Protein Drink is hot cocoa, made with injury chocolate Protein and unsweetened cocoa powder in warm milk.

In the first few weeks post-op I got very tired of sweet things, so the Unjury chicken Soup powder was great too. Just take it easy and sip slowly. And remember, right after surgery everything is really swollen, so it will get better. First priority is getting your fluids in, then protein as you can. You're not going to get malnourished in one week, but you can end up in the hospital from dehydration! You may find your protein drink is just fine in a week or so.