Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi

Omg....I have a whole section of my closet dedicated to these....I can't wait to get into them

Make sure you try them on as you lose weight. Since I was *scared* of clothes I missed the window of opportunity for wearing some of them! :-)

When I had my lapband removed I wore size 14 from the little girls dept.. I don't plan on getting back there, but I have a boatload of size 2 and 4 that are my goal. They're less than 18 months old so I'm excited to shop my own closet! Right now, I'm living in my old sweatshirts and borrowed jeans :P

I got into the low 200's a few years ago. I've been on and off diet pills for years (I'm a boxer and I've had to drop weight)... They are horrible and bad for you and are like a bandaid over the problem. I also know this tool isn't "permanent" but I love the idea of hunger not ruling my life. I have PCOD and I'm 35 this year. I met a guy over Christmas. I heard later he referred to me as "that fat chick" .... No one else will be touching my body (besides my wax lady) until post op. I'm not as big as some here but I've felt the same feelings and emotions as you. I've had "your stomach doesn't gross me out as much anymore" from a boyfriend. "You got fat" from an ex' date=' said in front of a group of friends. I said "not fat voluptuous" he said "no fat". A stranger on a plane told me "I'd be more beautiful if I ate less" ... I have more but I won't bore you. This Christmas one was the last straw. I don't feel "fat" inside ... I want to be happy and confident again ... This yo-yoing has gone on sine about 20 yo - enough already! I'd rather die on the operation table trying, then go on like this! Parents are against Mexico but I know I'm in good hands and have all this support on here even if I don't have there's %100

<3[/quote']

This post brought tears to my eyes. I can relate so much. I can't wait to not be that fat girl anymore. I just got back from a cruise (my food funeral, lol). I went to get an ice cream one of the nights at the buffet and a group of pre-teens were at a table. One of them yelled out "no, don't eat that". At first it pissed me off. Then I remembered how mean kids can be, and even worse - how honest they are. I can't wait to have control over my weight again! And for all the negativity I have about myself to go away. And by the way, the person on your plane was probably my mother. She thinks that's a compliment... oh the years of therapy this surgery will save me, lol!

Believe me I called my friends in tears after "the fat chick" comment... And it went on for days - I never really thought I was big enough for this surgery as an option ... But I've come to the end of my tether. I feel invisible now which is hard when i used to get attention. I have 0 confidence and that in itself is very unattractive. I pictured a very different life for me by this age. And I know it's what's on the inside that counts but you need confidence!!! Thanks so much for your kind words and yes I think that lady meant it as a compliment - it was hard to fight back tears in a crowded plane tho!! Haha x

I got into the low 200's a few years ago. I've been on and off diet pills for years (I'm a boxer and I've had to drop weight)... They are horrible and bad for you and are like a bandaid over the problem. I also know this tool isn't "permanent" but I love the idea of hunger not ruling my life. I have PCOD and I'm 35 this year. I met a guy over Christmas. I heard later he referred to me as "that fat chick" .... No one else will be touching my body (besides my wax lady) until post op. I'm not as big as some here but I've felt the same feelings and emotions as you. I've had "your stomach doesn't gross me out as much anymore" from a boyfriend. "You got fat" from an ex' date=' said in front of a group of friends. I said "not fat voluptuous" he said "no fat". A stranger on a plane told me "I'd be more beautiful if I ate less" ... I have more but I won't bore you. This Christmas one was the last straw. I don't feel "fat" inside ... I want to be happy and confident again ... This yo-yoing has gone on sine about 20 yo - enough already! I'd rather die on the operation table trying, then go on like this! Parents are against Mexico but I know I'm in good hands and have all this support on here even if I don't have there's %100

<3[/quote']

All these stories sound so familiar lol you are very beautiful though regardless!

Yes that are, I may not be as big but I have ALLLL the same feelings towards food as everyone on here - only diff is I don't want to waste anymore of my life and leave it till I'm older. Thanks but that photo has a lot of apps enhancing it haha x

Believe me I called my friends in tears after "the fat chick" comment... And it went on for days - I never really thought I was big enough for this surgery as an option ... But I've come to the end of my tether. I feel invisible now which is hard when i used to get attention. I have 0 confidence and that in itself is very unattractive. I pictured a very different life for me by this age. And I know it's what's on the inside that counts but you need confidence!!! Thanks so much for your kind words and yes I think that lady meant it as a compliment - it was hard to fight back tears in a crowded plane tho!! Haha x

I'm there with ya girl! You are SOOO NOT ALONE! I've heard similar things myself & know all too well about confidence thing...we will be confident, strong, sexy, amazing women in no time! Stay positive sweetie! Hugs!

One of them yelled out "no, don't eat that".

And by the way, the person on your plane was probably my mother.

We should start a new blog entitled "insensitive comments stupid people make." I've had my share of comments too though I've never been huge.

One memorable one is going to buy a cookie in the mall. The pimple-faced teenager behind the counter asked me "do you really think you should be eating that?" Huh? I was stunned.

Another time a black guy in a parking lot whispered to me "chubby...I like that!" He meant it as a compliment of course...

I've heard the "you have such a pretty face" comment many times.

My mother has been the biggest critic of my weight my entire life. She is a fatty-phobe and even led to the demise of a relationship I had with an awesome guy who treated me like a queen...and was a lawyer/judge who did very well. Why didn't she like him? Because he didn't meet *her* weight/attractiveness criteria.

Imagine my shock when I visited my mother in Florida two weeks ago. She was so impressed by my weight loss...and all the compliments *her* friends/neighbors were giving her about "how beautiful" her daughter is, etc. that she gave me a monetary gift towards the surgery I had in December. This woman hasn't given me a dime since I was 18 and all of a sudden throws money at me since I conform to her beauty standard. I have such mixed feelings about this that I still haven't cashed the check...

Weight issues/addictions are emotional and it's clear that our family members contributed to them. Fortunately we're all adults and can take charge of our lives.

Alexis

We should start a new blog entitled "insensitive comments stupid people make." I've had my share of comments too though I've never been huge.

One memorable one is going to buy a cookie in the mall. The pimple-faced teenager behind the counter asked me "do you really think you should be eating that?" Huh? I was stunned.

Another time a black guy in a parking lot whispered to me "chubby...I like that!" He meant it as a compliment of course...

I've heard the "you have such a pretty face" comment many times.

My mother has been the biggest critic of my weight my entire life. She is a fatty-phobe and even led to the demise of a relationship I had with an awesome guy who treated me like a queen...and was a lawyer/judge who did very well. Why didn't she like him? Because he didn't meet *her* weight/attractiveness criteria.

Imagine my shock when I visited my mother in Florida two weeks ago. She was so impressed by my weight loss...and all the compliments *her* friends/neighbors were giving her about "how beautiful" her daughter is' date=' etc. that she gave me a monetary gift towards the surgery I had in December. This woman hasn't given me a dime since I was 18 and all of a sudden throws money at me since I conform to her beauty standard. I have such mixed feelings about this that I still haven't cashed the check...

Weight issues/addictions are emotional and it's clear that our family members contributed to them. Fortunately we're all adults and can take charge of our lives.

Alexis[/quote']

Sounds like your mom and my mom should go bowling together... I love my mom and she supports me, but she has no idea how her comments cut me to the bone even when I tell her.

Here's a quick example of her "compliments". A family friend had cancer and had lost a significant amount of weight due to chemo. All my mom could talk about was how great the lady looked now that she's lost all that weight. Wth??? Her go to comment is always some version he/she would be so attractive if they lost weight. And she wonders why I have body issues!

A family friend had cancer and had lost a significant amount of weight due to chemo. All my mom could talk about was how great the lady looked now that she's lost all that weight. Wth???

OMG! That's kind of sick! Cancer, AIDS, cocaine addictions, etc. are a terrible way to lose weight!

When I was little my aunt told me that no guy will ever love me if I'm fat. Great message to send a 6-7 year-old, huh?

Sorry guys! I have the opposite family.... Kinda. I'm the "skinny" girl. Mom would give prizes to who ate the most!

When I was little I would have a tea party with my dolls. When I was done my mom would make me eat every cookie and cup of tea set out for my dolls. At the very least 6 Cookies and 6 cup of tea/pop. Smh

Thanks go out to whoever started this topic. I have a BMi of 34.9. As I got older :-) the weight was not easy to get off. I have now turned 40 and want to do something for myself that will make me feel good physically and mentally. My husband was against me going fearing for my safety and health. He thinks I can just go exercise and take it off; what about the pounds coming back on as soon as I sit down and put something in my mouth. I am 5'7 and weigh 223 pounds. Since I am tall and my weight is mainly in my hips and thighs everyone tells me I look good for my size. They don't see me with my clothes off; they don't know how I feel walking up the stairs and getting tired on walks.

I wrote my PCP and told her my plans (I had not seen her in a while) she responded back to me and said that she would recommend the sleeve out of all surgeries as long as I have research the doctor and feel comfortable. She also said that she would do my follow-up visits every 3 months. I happen to bump into her yesterday as she was leaving her office. She told me that I looked good and did not need to have the surgery as long as my BMI was low; duh, it's not. However, she asked for me to try other options, but would still support me if I decide to go. Guess what? I will be following up with her after my surgery May 10.

I have stopped telling people because I don't want to hear about me not needing it or Mexico not being safe. I am traveling only with God, wish I could take someone but don't want to spend the extra money for someone to tag along. I know that I have the best traveling partner; God will keep me safe from all harm. That’s all I need.

I am glad to see I'm not the only one with a low BMI who is going to have the surgery because of 50-60 lbs. I too have done the diet pills and lo-carb diet for the past 10-12 yrs only to have never lost any more than my initial 25 lbs that I have managed to keep off for 10 yrs. I'm ready to get over this plateau that I have been at and move on. My sugery date is set and I'm glad I can have this done before I get to 100 lbs to lose.

Pennjogs, when is your surgery date?

Good luck to both of you! I was 5`5 195 pounds. I got sleeved March 8th. 2 Weeks after surgery I am down to 180 pounds! Dont worry about what other people say do it for yourself! I have had a lot of judgment about other ways to lose weight. With the sleeve its permanent as long as I work it right. No gym or trainer or diet pill can do that for me. I want to enjoy the foods I love in small portions of course! Good luck cant wait to hear your stories.