Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd Week Of The All Liquid Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery Diet

Especially in the evenings. any tips to get through this?

I am consuming Protein Drinks, plain greek yogurt, sugar free popsicles, Water lots of herbal tea, etc - so far losing weight just fine, but i am getting increasingly hungry especially after about 5pm. I feel like I don't have that much restriction (swelling has gone down) but I go another week before I am allowed pureed food.< /p>

Are you taking an acid reducer? That helps with the hungry feeling. Are you allowed Protein shakes yet? If so, that might be a solution for the evening hungries. Make it a treat by using a flavor you associate with dessert, if you can tolerate sweets.

How are you doing on Protein and Water? I'm learning now that sometimes my "hungry" feeling is actually thirst. If I get in all my Water, I don't feel hungry. And, I'm a little different than many...if I'm actually hungry, I eat something small.

Can you do cottage cheese or cream Soups? Both will help fill you up and aren't sweet. I see that you're allowed plain greek yogurt, so maybe one of these is allowed for you right now. I'd suggest broth, but you're probably sick of that by now. But, something warm in the evening might be just what your sleevie wants to see.

Good luck! You are doing great so far. :)

I am second week also and have found that a cup of hot coco Protein rich really helps in the evenings along with 2oz of Jello mixed with the Calcium powder, sugar free of course.

Lucky you! I am still on clears until Monday, then I go into full liquids which mean yogurts and cream Soups. This happens for two weeks. Then on to mushies!!!

What is hot coco Protein rich? Is that a chcolocloate Protein mix made up as hot chocolate? I tried making a hot coco out of a protein mix and it wasn't good.

I am taking PPI, I am getting plenty of protein. The liquids are harder, but if i count the Protein drinks etc I am getting enough fluids. I wasn't hungry my first week, but now in the evenings I am hungry and liquids don't seem to be cutting it.

I have lost 16# since surgery on 12/12 (plus 8 preop diet) so I feel like I am losing weight fine, just hungrier then I expected.

I'm feeling a bit hungry too and only 4 days out. That feeling scares me. Actually I'm not sure if its hunger or something else. I suspect it might be more in my head and I haven't learned yet to distinguish between head hunger and physical hunger. I do think the Protein drinks in the evening help.